Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well, I was supposed to do my work but decided to go for a long shower instead and then made baby pancakes. :dong: (AND THEY'RE MEGA CUTE ASGHDJGKHLJJKL :crazy: ) I'm so going to die tomorrow.- it's not even funny. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Well, I was supposed to do my work but decided to go for a long shower instead and then made baby pancakes. :dong: (AND THEY'RE MEGA CUTE ASGHDJGKHLJJKL :crazy: ) I'm so going to die tomorrow.- it's not even funny. :rofl:
    You can do it! Try not to cram tomorrow but maybe quiz your friends and make some notes. Try your hardest tomorrow and you may be suprised. Good luck 😀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xs4)
    does making notes for C3/4 help? i might give it a try
    Yes, I find it really helpful!! - Would recommend. Especially writing out worked examples for each type of question as part of them too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xs4)
    does making notes for C3/4 help? i might give it a try
    I don't do it. I do have a revision guide I refer to if need be though which has nice notes in it.

What do you do for maths revision?

ReputationRep:
    Did 2 M1 papers today. Why do signs even exist? :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metapheonix)
    Argghh - what are ligands? (Chemistry)
    A species (a thing like an atom, molecule or ion) which can donate a lone pair of electrons to a central metal ion forming a coordinate bond with it. So in [Co(H2O)6]2+ (a cobalt-aqua complex ion - complex ions are written in square brackets) there a 6 water ligands. Water is the ligand because the O in the molecule has a lone pair of electrons it can donate to cobalt.

Tag me if you have more chemistry questions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte.13)
    You can do it! Try not to cram tomorrow but maybe quiz your friends and make some notes. Try your hardest tomorrow and you may be suprised. Good luck 😀
    Thank you. Ugh, I guess I still have an hour/so before bedtime so I might just force myself to get as much as I can done. Thanks, I appreciate it. ^-^ <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Thank you. Ugh, I guess I still have an hour/so before bedtime so I might just force

myself to get as much as I can done. Thanks, I appreciate it. ^-^ <3
    Dont stay up too late though, you won't remember it as you will be too tired even if you do not feel it. Get some sleep and wake up and maybe do some over breakfast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte.13)
    Dont stay up too late though, you won't remember it as you will be too tired even if you do not feel it. Get some sleep and wake up and maybe do some over breakfast.
    I won't! ^-^ Tbh, I just realised that I need to straighten my hairrr so I think I'm going to do that instead then go to bed.- I'll try and complete my work in a couple free periods tomorrow/something. >.>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excuse Me!)
    I don't do it. I do have a revision guide I refer to if need be though which has nice notes in it.

What do you do for maths revision?
    questions from my books and then past papers. anything i don't understand i use videos - i need to brush up on my exam technique though (especially S1 ), yourself?

ReputationRep:
    This is such a cute thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xs4)
    questions from my books and then past papers. anything i don't understand i use videos - i need to brush up on my exam technique though (especially S1 ), yourself?
    I'm currently pretending S1 doesn't exist. I did a past paper on it and just about got through probability. I've completely forgot how to do normal/binomial distributions :O

I use videos as well if need be.

C3 I need to practice integration then just do past papers. C4 I need to recap everything prior to past papers and S1 is not going too well.

C2 is progressing nicely though, haven't looked at D1 as thats the last exam.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently pretending S1 doesn't exist. I did a past paper on it and just about got through probability. I've completely forgot how to do normal/binomial distributions :O

I use videos as well if need be.

C3 I need to practice integration then just do past papers. C4 I need to recap everything prior to past papers and S1 is not going too well.

C2 is progressing nicely though, haven't looked at D1 as thats the last exam.

S1 is way too wordy for me at times , you've got to tackle it head on to get better though & is that by substitution by any chance? (C3). Is it bad that my class haven't finished C4 yet? & ah same here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xs4)
    S1 is way too wordy for me at times , you've got to tackle it head on to get better though & is that by substitution by any chance? (C3). Is it bad that my class haven't finished C4 yet? & ah same here
    Yeah substitution haha. I always get the mark for doing du/dx and then rearranging to get dx =

Then it goes horrifically wrong haha.

We've literally just finished C4 so prob not too bad and we haven't finished S1. My teacher says we should finish everything by easter 'holiday'.

Do you what c4 you have left?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamara7)
    A species (a thing like an atom, molecule or ion) which can donate a lone pair of electrons to a central metal ion forming a coordinate bond with it. So in [Co(H2O)6]2+ (a cobalt-aqua complex ion - complex ions are written in square brackets) there a 6 water ligands. Water is the ligand because the O in the molecule has a lone pair of electrons it can donate to cobalt.

Tag me if you have more chemistry questions!
    Thanks - will do! :angelwings:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xs4)
    We've literally just done our second C4 lesson of the year XD. I'm soooo glad I read ahead

ReputationRep:
    Yeah substitution haha. I always get the mark for doing du/dx and then rearranging to get dx =

Then it goes horrifically wrong haha.

We've literally just finished C4 so prob not too bad and we haven't finished S1. My teacher says we should finish everything by easter 'holiday'.

Do you what c4 you have left?
    just flip the du/dx (use the reciprocal) and go from there.

ah okay, lol we've finished S1 however we've still got 4 chapters left in C4:

further trig and integration -part way through
    exponential growth/decay
    differential equantions
    vector equations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamara7)
    We've literally just done our second C4 lesson of the year XD. I'm soooo glad I read ahead
    It's so satisfying being ahead

ReputationRep:
    Managed to finish all biochemistry and equality and diversity work, now onto 3 nutrition assignments which will hopefully be done for tomorrow, I have so much backlog😪

ReputationRep:
    I shall conquer my Chemistry homework by 5:00. Mwahahahahahahaha. :mwuaha:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I still remember when I thought in my head I'd finish that, as well as Physics and Biology for 5:00. But then I took a nap. :3

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.