Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, just stumbled across this, looks pretty awesome but also scary how many people we're all up against ha!

Just curious, PrincePieMan, how do you know so much about the whole IB scene? also what do you think my chances are, being based up north?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by BGUK19)
    Hey guys, just stumbled across this, looks pretty awesome but also scary how many people we're all up against ha!

Just curious, PrincePieMan, how do you know so much about the whole IB scene? also what do you think my chances are, being based up north?
    3 years of research into careers (books, online whatever means), networking with professionals and keeping in touch with recruiters through my mom (who worked in HR at the time as a manager) and through referrals of people I've networked with.

Being up north isn't really a factor lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    3 years of research into careers (books, online whatever means), networking with professionals and keeping in touch with recruiters through my mom (who worked in HR at the time as a manager) and through referrals of people I've networked with.

Being up north isn't really a factor lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahhh cool cool, is IB something you're looking to get into yourself?

By mentioning being up north I mean it as I'm not in a target university at all, and arent a lot of people based down south who get onto the IW's? Also how strong do your academic credentials need to be? I'm no A* student but I've done alright. Lastly, when they ask for a prediction on your grade for uni, if I've only just started how am I supposed to give a supported prediction when I haven't hadn't any assignments due in yet :/

Sorry for the questions
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by BGUK19)
    Ahhh cool cool, is IB something you're looking to get into yourself?

By mentioning being up north I mean it as I'm not in a target university at all, and arent a lot of people based down south who get onto the IW's? Also how strong do your academic credentials need to be? I'm no A* student but I've done alright. Lastly, when they ask for a prediction on your grade for uni, if I've only just started how am I supposed to give a supported prediction when I haven't hadn't any assignments due in yet :/

Sorry for the questions
    All of these Qs are answered in the FAQ I wrote on this subforum.

And yes, ofc it is something I'm considering going into - otherwise I wouldn't have bothered reading up and networking.

Prediction means bugger all as a first semester student, just put a 2:1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    ubs dont have the ics available to apply to the spring week. Big up anyone who can find it for me - all i have is the ccs
    For UBS, on the page where you have to answer the competency questions you have a drop down menu where you choose your division of preference. You can't choose CCS/ICS as a whole, but you can choose the areas within each line of business, e.g. Coverage & Advisory within CCS, Securities Sales within ICS, etc.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cityy)
    Has anyone found spring week programs for:

RBC Cap Markets
    RBS
    Macquarie
    Cannacord Genuity
    On all four website i found no hints for an existing program. Can please someone re-check this? Dont wanna miss any opportunities
    Applications for RBC's Insight Day open in mid-November - it actually mentions that on their website

RBS only has the Female Insight Week; however males can apply for this programme as well (I've asked a number of RBS campus ambassadors and the Grad Team).

I know that Macquarie And Canaccord Genuity held insight days in the past; however I don't know anything about that either unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    Does CS send both the verbal and numerical test at the same time?
    First you complete the verbal test and then you are invited to sit the numerical test.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else had problems with Citi's application? I did the majority of it the other day and got to the last page where you had to attach a cover letter and then I pressed cancel instead of submit as my cover letter wasn't ready but now I can't go back into the application as it says I have already applied for this job. Anyone know how to fix this?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else not receiving tests from Morgan Stanley after submitting your application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    Anyone else not receiving tests from Morgan Stanley after submitting your application?
    Still waiting for mine, we should get them eventually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    When I applied early September I received them within 24hours and had only 2 days to do them so be careful what you wish for

ReputationRep:
    Any chance someone has a list of the insight weeks? I have around 20 at the minute, just want to see if there are any more.

ReputationRep:
    Cool.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how important the Cover Letter is for your application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckentauer)
    This question has been answered a number of times on this thread already; however given that for some companies you don't get to upload your CV (e.g. UBS and BofAML), then yes, your cover letter/answers to competency questions do matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green-Shamrock)
    This question has been answered a number of times on this thread already; however given that for some companies you don't get to upload your CV (e.g. UBS and BofAML), then yes, your cover letter/answers to competency questions do matter.
    only found one relevant post after searching the thread (maybe I'm just blind), that's why I'm asking. Even though I really respect Prince knowledge, it's always good to get a second opinion, right? Sorry if I irritated you :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckentauer)
    given the competitiveness of the industry, consider everything as critically important

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    given the competitiveness of the industry, consider everything as critically important
    thanks man!

ReputationRep:
    Which banks require cover letters?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if BarCap have opened yet?
    Can only find summer opportunities on the website.

Much appreciated

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.