Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Nope York want AAB for maths cause I have an A in AS further maths but my firm wants AAA and my insurance wants A*AB/AAA LMAO ; I'm gonna get anywhere between AAB -A*AA but praying for the latter ; begging the psychology grade boundaries are nice
    Ahhh okay
    Well I hope you get where you want to go but if not I look forward to meeting you in October (assuming I get what I want )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zazzzy57)
    Hi, just wanted to ask, If a course is on clearing right now does this mean that have extra places?
    It means they expect to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Ahhh okay
    Well I hope you get where you want to go but if not I look forward to meeting you in October (assuming I get what I want )
    Aww yeh it would be nice to meet you to but ideally I want to go to my other choices as the York maths course has all this physics and computing stuff like ewwwww nope but hope you get into York ! What course you applied for ? X

ReputationRep:
    • Are you AS or A2?
    • AS
    • What subjects are you taking?
    • A-Level Biology, English Language and Literature and Psychology (all linear) and AS Maths
    • To which university are you hoping to go?
    • No idea yet xD
    • To study which subject?
    • Biomedical Sciences
    • If applicable, what were your AS grades?
    • N/A
    • What grades are required for your desired degree?
    • AAA
    • What grades are you predicted?
    • N/A
    • How did your exams go?
    • My Biology mock wasn't easy xD. I managed to get a C but I must have done well becuase only one person in the class got a B, theres was a few Cs and the rest a mixture of Ds, Es and Us. Put it this way they're making everyone do another mock first week back in September. :O
    • The Psychology mock went okay-ish, I was 3 marks off a B.
    • My English mock went really well and I was 2 marks off an A overall
    • For AS Maths, Core 1 was a lot harder than expected; Core 2 was also tricky and Decision 1 was the easiest exam I've ever done!
    • How are you feeling about results day?
    • Terrified. I'm really hoping for an A in AS maths but I'll settle for a B xD
    • Anything else to add?
    • Good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry for reminding you man ; where should you be going to then ?
    Oh no, you didn't remind me - I interrupted on your conversation :P Hopefully Newcastle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    It means they expect to.
    Ah thanks

ReputationRep:
    Aww yeh it would be nice to meet you to but ideally I want to go to my other choices as the York maths course has all this physics and computing stuff like ewwwww nope but hope you get into York ! What course you applied for ? X
    Maths and physics MSci.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Maths and physics MSci.
    Ahh right well if I do go there then I guess I'll see you and wait you're doing a masters or is it the 4 year course ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    Oh no, you didn't remind me - I interrupted on your conversation :P Hopefully Newcastle
    Haha don't worry and ah I like the look of Newcastle actually ; seems a really good student friendly city ! I'm sure you'll have an amazing time there but you may be too drunk to remember it

ReputationRep:
    Ahh right well if I do go there then I guess I'll see you and wait you're doing a masters or is it the 4 year course ?
    We'd definitely share lectures.
    I'm doing an intergrated masters course,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    We'd definitely share lectures.
    I'm doing an intergrated masters course,
    Ah right ; that'll look good on your cv ! I'm considering switching to the 4 year course depending on how much I enjoy my course but likelihood is I will stay for the extra year cause it's another year I don't have to worry about being out in the ' real ' world haha

ReputationRep:
    Ah right ; that'll look good on your cv ! I'm considering switching to the 4 year course depending on how much I enjoy my course but likelihood is I will stay for the extra year cause it's another year I don't have to worry about being out in the ' real ' world haha
    Well it will help me out more because I want to do a PhD and much like you won't have to worry about a job for an extra 5 years then plus I love learning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Well it will help me out more because I want to do a PhD and much like you won't have to worry about a job for an extra 5 years then plus I love learning.
    Oh right I see ; I don't think I'd wanna do a PhD but then again if I like maths enough at uni I might be tempted haha

ReputationRep:
    Oh right I see ; I don't think I'd wanna do a PhD but then again if I like maths enough at uni I might be tempted haha
    I'm sure you'll be fine whatever you do

ReputationRep:
    Lol literally me right now waiting for results! :erm: Name:  1469658806118.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  51.3 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    Lol literally me right now waiting for results! :erm: Name:  1469658806118.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  51.3 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That'll probably be my reaction also when I log onto UCAS

ReputationRep:
    I have a 3/4 sized bed at home and they also call it a small double (they do make bedding specifically for small doubles in some places - the UK doesn't have queen-sized beds, that's an American thing.

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1469659012.721673.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  48.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    • Are you AS or A2? - A2
    • What subjects are you taking? - Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Biology, Accounting and Further Maths
    • To which university are you hoping to go? - I havent decided yet as I chose to take a gap year, will be applying to the ones in the US
    • To study which subject? - Biology most likely
    • If applicable, what were your AS grades? - AAAAAA
    • What grades are required for your desired degree? - N/A
    • What grades are you predicted? - A*A*A*A*A*A
    • How did your exams go? - I'd say most of them didn't go as well as I hoped they would, but fingers crossed. :unsure:
    • How are you feeling about results day? - Awfully anxious :woo:
    • Anything else to add? - Best of Luck to everyone here :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefulmedic15)
    I have a 3/4 sized bed at home and they also call it a small double (they do make bedding specifically for small doubles in some places - the UK doesn't have queen-sized beds, that's an American thing.

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1469659012.721673.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  48.1 KB

Damn I'd love to have that massive bed but the picture of the 4 people made me laugh like the idea of that many people sleeping on one bed like a whole family LMAO

ReputationRep:
    Honestly don't worry too much like you could be in my situation where your firm and insurance want the same grades and both your uni's aren't in clearing ; arghhhhh
    Ah dw though dude you'll do fine

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.