Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Damn! Happy early bday ^^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miless090)
    only slightly higher? Last years was awful with low grade boundaries. Surely they'll be a lot higher.
    They probably will be. Though I'm probably not the best person to go to when it comes to predicting GB. You may be right though, but again some people did find it pretty hard.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone's school told them what time thay can come and collect their results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeMuttitt)
    I'm waiting for my results for AS Level on Thursday and was just intrigued about how people feel about their GCSEs so I came on this thread. It's kinda surreal given I was in the exact same position last year. GCSEs are almost always better than you expect because your teacher will always be a harsher marker when it comes to mocks and assessments compared to your actual examiner. A levels do give you that clean slate to start from, but be warned, they're so much harder.

You're absolutely right there. As soon as you get to college/sixth form, your GCSEs will feel pointless. Or at least that was mine and my friends' experience. No matter how bad it may seem now or on results day, so long as you get on to your college courses you want to do, your GCSEs won't matter one bit come that first lesson at college in September, because it's all about A level then, and that's what really matters, so as long as you put the work it next year, it'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I'm pretty aware and cautious about the fact that A levels will be much harder than GCSE's which does scare me a little. But yeah, I'll have to work quite a bit harder in year 12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    Same here. I don't really want my friends to be asking me in the moment, I wanna tell them once I've got my head around them. If one of us did better than the other it would make things awkward and at least one of us would feel bad.
    Why would it make things awkward lol? If anything your friends should be happy if one did better than the other.

You can't be that close if that's your worry lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm just hoping the A* boundary for edexcel maths is at or below 165, though I don't think it will be. People have said that the paper 2 was so easy, leading me to think the grade boundary would be around 168/169

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dizgurl)
    They probably will be. Though I'm probably not the best person to go to when it comes to predicting GB. You may be right though, but again some people did find it pretty hard.
    some found last years easy as well, the GBs were still low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnon121)
    I'm just hoping the A* boundary for edexcel maths is at or below 165, though I don't think it will be. People have said that the paper 2 was so easy, leading me to think the grade boundary would be around 168/169
    Same! Preferably lower than 165 though. Imo both papers weren't too bad but some questions were worded weirdly and others were time consumming

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    Why would it make things awkward lol? If anything your friends should be happy if one did better than the other.

You can't be that close if that's your worry lol
    We are pretty close, it's just my friend struggles to get Bs and Cs and if I got something she works so hard for it would frustrate her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    We are pretty close, it's just my friend struggles to get Bs and Cs and if I got something she works so hard for it would frustrate her.
    All my friends are going with their parents so I'll probably see them there. I'm bascislly the smartest one of our group (not being big headed) and if they get a higher grade than me they will never ever let it go which will make me feel terrible.. so I kind of hope I don't see them there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extraordinaire)
    Same! Preferably lower than 165 though. Imo both papers weren't too bad but some questions were worded weirdly and others were time consumming

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I guess, did you use the official mark scheme to count your marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mlb37)
    All my friends are going with their parents so I'll probably see them there. I'm bascislly the smartest one of our group (not being big headed) and if they get a higher grade than me they will never ever let it go which will make me feel terrible.. so I kind of hope I don't see them there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly, same situation with other friends too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnon121)
    Yeah I guess, did you use the official mark scheme to count your marks?
    Used the unofficial one. By the time I saw the official one, I had forgotten my answers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miless090)
    some found last years easy as well, the GBs were still low.
    Yeah I know, it depends on how the country did as a whole You can't really very accurately predict the grade boundaries, you just have to make an educated guess

ReputationRep:
    What I will be annoyed about results day is that people who you don't really talk to or hang out with ask you what grade you have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight15)
    What I will be annoyed about results day is that people who you don't really talk to or hang out with ask you what grade you have
    That's definitely gonna happen to me, all the clever, popular girls will try to boost their ego by coming to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight15)
    everyone's gonna expect me to do well and i'll flop lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    everyone's gonna expect me to do well and i'll flop lol
    I feel the same but you never know what the future may hold. I hope you exceed your expectations!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel bad for people that are going to get their results with their parents.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno if it's just me but whenever I am having fun,I have sudden but temporary feelings that slightly warn me not enjoy myself too much as results day is still awaiting. I'm just excited to stop having these strange anxieties when results day is over 😂😭😁

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.