The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cullens
if I got 92/200 marking harshly what grade would that be?

A C, nearly a B though!
Original post by Redcoats
Minimal 91/100
Maximum 96/100
Realistic 93-94/100

Is this good; I'm really unhappy with it. :frown:

Original post by Roquebrune2014
I think it's time you stopped spreading misinformation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mate you need to chill, people are debating a question not the end of the world. Please just dont be rude, this forum is for people to discuss not to be full of themselves about getting 100%. We're just putting across ideas, they may not be 100% correct, but its better than being mean about anything that contradicts them e.g. you
Original post by Eueu
They aren't overcomplicating it they are giving a valid explanation as to why you can't simply use the difference between them. The answer asks for an answer correct to one decimal place and because the solution lies between 3.75 and 3.8, the correct solution HAS to be 3.8 It's simple maths.

this guy knows what they're talking about
can someone remind me of question 16 and 17?
Original post by s_ovo
What do you think I will need for a B? Don't even care if it's a low b

sorry, i meant 95-105 *
i left my answer as 9/20 for the last part of question 1 will i get the marks ?
Original post by Eueu
I did this differently. I used 3.75 to test which way I should round it, and discovered that using 3.75 meant the result was lower than expected. This meant that the answer had to be somewhere inbetween 3.75 and 3.8 so, if rounded properly to one decimal place, it becomes 3.8 instead.

You cannot just use the difference between them because there is NOT a steady increase because it involves x^3.

Exactly, its not an equal increase, which is why rounding from 3.75 may not be the way to go. Just how i feel about it
Paper was too easy
Original post by james21234321
i left my answer as 9/20 for the last part of question 1 will i get the marks ?

I wrote both, you will definitaely get 1 mark, and I say you should get 2 marks, but you never know. Probably yes If i was to guess.
Original post by HateOCR
Thats how i done it you are correct :smile:

Well some people are getting rather ratty at this contradiction to 3.8 xD
I think I got between 74-79 and on the last paper I got 69-72. So the minimum I got is 143 which makes me so happy because I think I got an A *cries*
Original post by ScrewTheExams
lol definately they will go up. 170 is safe to think you have A* and 140 for A. It may not actually be that high, but will be like 135-140 for A and 165-168 for A* in my opinion.

It will no way be that high
http://mrkibria.weebly.com/gcse-2016-paper-2.html Looks like there wont be a copy of the paper coming out anytime soon :/
Original post by Bradh2000
Paper was too easy

What do you think you'll get?
Original post by ScrewTheExams
I wrote both, you will definitaely get 1 mark, and I say you should get 2 marks, but you never know. Probably yes If i was to guess.

i wrote all 0.45 45% and 9/20 in my working out but chose to put 9/20 as my final answer
Original post by Redcoats
That's not too bad! For me, it's the other way around; I'm pretty sure I got a 100% in non-calculator and in today's paper, I'm pretty sure I got around 93 or 94 out of 100. I'm so vexed with that as my teacher wanted me to get the highest in the year (which I'm sure I haven't got)!

That's incredible and don't worry about it, an a* is an a*! Although, I can see the satisfaction in being the best :wink:
Original post by LilyKitty
I don't think so because the angle has to be between the two sides (7 &8) for the formula of triangle area to work and x was another angle so you had to do cosine to find another side and then sine rule too before you could get x. Not sure though. xx

you had to use the area of a triangle with the sine rule and work out what sine was then invert sine to find the angle use the cos rule after to find the length of the last side after than u can either use the cos rule or sine rule to find out the size of the angle
£22.46 for Colin question
Because his parking was £3.5 X 5 = 17.50
His petrol was £4.96
Original post by jtb135
You are finding a 1d.p. answer not a 2d.p. answer and rounding it. Rounding brings faults, and when 1d.p. is concerned, 3.7 is closer than 3.8 by 0.025

the answer is 3.7504.
to round that to 1 dp you get 3.8
you are stupid.
when cubed numbers increase the difference between them increases.

1 cubed is 1
2 cubed is 8
3 cubed is 27
4 cubed is 64

there we go

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending