Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cullens)
    if I got 92/200 marking harshly what grade would that be?
    the borderline of C?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EBeddowes)
    I really messed that one up and got around 85% but I'm hoping for an A* overall
    That's not too bad! For me, it's the other way around; I'm pretty sure I got a 100% in non-calculator and in today's paper, I'm pretty sure I got around 93 or 94 out of 100. I'm so vexed with that as my teacher wanted me to get the highest in the year (which I'm sure I haven't got)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cullens)
    if I got 92/200 marking harshly what grade would that be?
    A C, nearly a B though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redcoats)
    Minimal 91/100
    Maximum 96/100
    Realistic 93-94/100

Is this good; I'm really unhappy with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roquebrune2014)
    I think it's time you stopped spreading misinformation

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mate you need to chill, people are debating a question not the end of the world. Please just dont be rude, this forum is for people to discuss not to be full of themselves about getting 100%. We're just putting across ideas, they may not be 100% correct, but its better than being mean about anything that contradicts them e.g. you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eueu)
    They aren't overcomplicating it they are giving a valid explanation as to why you can't simply use the difference between them. The answer asks for an answer correct to one decimal place and because the solution lies between 3.75 and 3.8, the correct solution HAS to be 3.8 It's simple maths.
    this guy knows what they're talking about

ReputationRep:
    can someone remind me of question 16 and 17?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_ovo)
    What do you think I will need for a B? Don't even care if it's a low b
    sorry, i meant 95-105 *

ReputationRep:
    i left my answer as 9/20 for the last part of question 1 will i get the marks ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eueu)
    I did this differently. I used 3.75 to test which way I should round it, and discovered that using 3.75 meant the result was lower than expected. This meant that the answer had to be somewhere inbetween 3.75 and 3.8 so, if rounded properly to one decimal place, it becomes 3.8 instead.

You cannot just use the difference between them because there is NOT a steady increase because it involves x^3.
    Exactly, its not an equal increase, which is why rounding from 3.75 may not be the way to go. Just how i feel about it

ReputationRep:
    Paper was too easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james21234321)
    i left my answer as 9/20 for the last part of question 1 will i get the marks ?
    I wrote both, you will definitaely get 1 mark, and I say you should get 2 marks, but you never know. Probably yes If i was to guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HateOCR)
    Thats how i done it you are correct
    Well some people are getting rather ratty at this contradiction to 3.8 xD

ReputationRep:
    I think I got between 74-79 and on the last paper I got 69-72. So the minimum I got is 143 which makes me so happy because I think I got an A *cries*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScrewTheExams)
    lol definately they will go up. 170 is safe to think you have A* and 140 for A. It may not actually be that high, but will be like 135-140 for A and 165-168 for A* in my opinion.
    It will no way be that high

ReputationRep:
    http://mrkibria.weebly.com/gcse-2016-paper-2.html Looks like there wont be a copy of the paper coming out anytime soon :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bradh2000)
    Paper was too easy
    What do you think you'll get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harry_ramsay)
    For those discussing the answer to the final question. I believe the answer is 80.4 and here is the solution.

Attachment 546789
    The answer is correct, but this is a thoroughly inefficient method.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScrewTheExams)
    I wrote both, you will definitaely get 1 mark, and I say you should get 2 marks, but you never know. Probably yes If i was to guess.
    i wrote all 0.45 45% and 9/20 in my working out but chose to put 9/20 as my final answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redcoats)
    That's not too bad! For me, it's the other way around; I'm pretty sure I got a 100% in non-calculator and in today's paper, I'm pretty sure I got around 93 or 94 out of 100. I'm so vexed with that as my teacher wanted me to get the highest in the year (which I'm sure I haven't got)!
    That's incredible and don't worry about it, an a* is an a*! Although, I can see the satisfaction in being the best

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.