[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcedArizona)
    Yeah I really do like essays as well, I'm writing one right now for English lit on an extract from Heart of Darkness. I think I'm grateful for the french curriculum to allow me to do both english + history as well as the sciences I love!

Oh great! I've got a friend at Royal Holloway for her first year also doing Psychology. I've read a book on psychology and found it really interesting, especially the whole neuroscience bit that's included in it.

Haha thanks a lot! Crossing my fingers that the progress will be positive ^^
    Yeah the neuro stuff is really interesting but main emphasis of my course is really the speech therapy side of things - again very interesting and varied so never a dull moment.

I am sure the good news will start flowing in for you soon.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for chem to Bristol, Bath, Oxford, Warwick, and Nottingham late on Thursday and have acknowledgements from the first four, anyone know if these are fast or slow movers for actual offers/responses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oceana Liang)
    I'm also a Chinese too. Applying economics at Cambridge, UCL Edinburgh and Manchester
    That's great. I'm also applying to Cambridge and UCL
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if Liverpool and UEL send Acknowledgement emails?
    (Had them from Southampton, Bristol and Portsmouth)

ReputationRep:
    Any offers frm Cardiff, Bath Spa, Chester, Worcester or Oxford Brookes for History? Bit Nervous

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had offers from Cardiff, Reading, Kingston or De Montfort for pharmacy?

ReputationRep:
    Do i need to be worried if i didn't get an acknowledgment from oxford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatoHeadshot)
    Do i need to be worried if i didn't get an acknowledgment from oxford?
    Not at all pal, all colleges have different systems.... Which one did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RelfTE)
    Not at all pal, all colleges have different systems.... Which one did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Applied to St.John's. Still need to add another 4 unis tho

where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, thanks for this post. I want to apply to Swansea to do Eng Lang and Lit as well! What grades do you have/are you predicted, and is your offer conditional or unconditional? Presuming it's not your first choice?
    (My grades are lower than their typical offers and although they told me to apply anyway, I'm still worried I might not get a place there.) Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mango88)
    Has anyone had offers from Cardiff, Reading, Kingston or De Montfort for pharmacy?
    I second this question.. applying to Reading also

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemonandlime1)
    Anyone know if Liverpool and UEL send Acknowledgement emails?
    (Had them from Southampton, Bristol and Portsmouth)
    Hey, congrats on getting into those three so far! For Portsmouth what grades did you get and did you get conditional or unconditional? I'm about to apply there soon.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received acknowledgement from Leeds yet?

ReputationRep:
    What subjects have Edinburgh given offers to so far? How long did they take? (I'm assuming that were for less competitive courses right?)

ReputationRep:
    People at my college have started recieving offers from Warwick and York, Nottingham, and some interviews for my sciency friend at Cardiff i think! Slowly but surely my form is getting offers but we all sent off before the oxbridge deadline!

ReputationRep:
    I have received offers from Manchester and Nottingham at Economics . Still waiting for UCL , LSE and Bristol to reply . What about others who have applied to those 3 ? Did you receive offers yet ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanArthur)
    I have received offers from Manchester and Nottingham at Economics . Still waiting for UCL , LSE and Bristol to reply . What about others who have applied to those 3 ? Did you receive offers yet ?
    None from Manchester, but I only applied on the 13th. How long did they take to apply? (I chose Chinese btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexBakSik)
    None from Manchester, but I only applied on the 13th. How long did they take to apply? (I chose Chinese btw)
    I applied on the 3rd of October. All Econ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SabbyCat)
    Hey, congrats on getting into those three so far! For Portsmouth what grades did you get and did you get conditional or unconditional? I'm about to apply there soon.
    Thanks! I'm only into Portsmouth with a conditional offer of BBC, I meant the others had sent acknowledgement emails just to say they've had my application (would have loved to already had 3 offers😬)

Good luck with your application! What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SabbyCat)

Sorry! Read this really wrong (as you can tell by my previous reply😂). Had a conditional offer for Portsmouth off BBC

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.