Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purell)
    am i the only one who never checks track?
    i just wait for the ucas email to arrive to my iphone :P
    Not everybody has your nerves of steel, you know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FieldLeftBlank)
    Exactly.... Im sooo worried, I haven't been offer a place yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    Exactly.... Im sooo worried, I haven't been offer a place yet
    Chill, it hasn't even been a month. I was worried too before I got my first offer. I'm sure you'll have something to celebrate after January 4 :p:

ReputationRep:
    Chill, it hasn't even been a month. I was worried too before I got my first offer. I'm sure you'll have something to celebrate after January 4 :p:
    Thanks! I hope so

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Exeter yet for psychology? It's the last one i'm waiting for.

ReputationRep:
    Why Jan. 4th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ferdi.g)
    Why Jan. 4th?
    Cos admission tutors have Xmas break too :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    But are you sure that it is until Jan. 4th? (I thought it would be later).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ferdi.g)
    But are you sure that it is until Jan. 4th? (I thought it would be later).
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure

ReputationRep:
    Do some unis give offers during break?

ReputationRep:
    Jeez, noooo, c'mon ppl! admission tutors are not robots!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silencehurts)
    Has anyone heard from Exeter yet for psychology? It's the last one i'm waiting for.
    Yep. A few people in the official Psychology offers have had offers, but they have been for AAA.

ReputationRep:
    I was so excited to get an email from Warwick but it turned out to be 'Season's Greetings, we won't be making a decision until after Jan 15, bye'
    I suppose it's nice to hear from them but it got my hopes up :|

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get like this ucas track email, saying how there's an update status for it. and when you log in, one of your universities lit up? But when you click in it, nothing changed?

Apparently, they're invitations, but when I relogged in, = = the thing is gone. soooo screwed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssethe)
    I was so excited to get an email from Warwick but it turned out to be 'Season's Greetings, we won't be making a decision until after Jan 15, bye'

Please note that the UG Admissions Office will be closed between 24 December 2009 and 3 January 2010 (inclusive).

So maybe earlier....:woo: Awww, this waiting is killing me xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssethe)
    lol I got the same from Kent. They are the only ones I'm waiting for and were supposed to be the quickest but it was just a picture of current students playing in the snow, it was almost like a taunt "Look at all these people with offers last year..." haha :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purell)
    am i the only one who never checks track?
    i just wait for the ucas email to arrive to my iphone :P
    In the beginning I checked it quite often, but now I know that I can't expect anything (Durham has their own track which will update long before real track, Edinburgh won't reply until after deadline and Cambridge will send out letters Jan 5th...) so now I haven't checked track in months.

ReputationRep:
    The reason I don't check Track is because I am far more nervous than you :p:

To me, what you are doing is like repeatedly looking into a kennel when you are afraid of dogs :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stressworthy)
    I don't know unfortunately, but I don't think so... certainly, as an individual applicant you don't get to use two, but I'm not sure for an international applicant. However, what I would suggest is contacting UCAS and asking them directly because if anyone can definitely help, they can.
    Alright, thanks . I doubt it too, and I don't think it's important enough to call UCAS and change my application etc...

I was just a little worried there for awhile because although my reference was very complimentary it was also short and a little impersonal. I keep telling myself that if I were an admissions tutor I wouldn't take references too seriously because brutal honesty is hard to come by...but that's really just my wishful thinking/hoping :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EbonyG)
    Alright, thanks . I doubt it too, and I don't think it's important enough to call UCAS and change my application etc...

I was just a little worried there for awhile because although my reference was very complimentary it was also short and a little impersonal. I keep telling myself that if I were an admissions tutor I wouldn't take references too seriously because brutal honesty is hard to come by...but that's really just my wishful thinking/hoping :p:
    Don't worry, my reference wasn't too good either, but it did the job. Or they just skipped it, who knows :p:

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.