Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

• Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Patriot)
    sounds good dude. learn how to get the most out of your arms and legs and you're away!
    Exactly, I've read in various places that it's one of the more technical positions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I'm over 300 - I didn't think this would be particularly rare at O but my assumption was perhaps incorrect. Hopefully if I can afford it and learn the technique I can boss the line
    I've got a few mates on both the D and O Lines and they're normally about 200-250. If you have decent mobility, you could destroy the guy across from you.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Nah man, it will be worth it haha. You get so many opportunities to play rugby but uni is really the only place to try american football. It's something different. And I don't think it will cost more for larger sizes.
    I know - I played rugby for many years. It's just I have very little money that has to go a long way. I will have to see. I can just find the club's facebook and make the relevant enquiries before I'm there anyway.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    I've got a few mates on both the D and O Lines and they're normally about 200-250. If you have decent mobility, you could destroy the guy across from you.
    I have semi-decent mobility now. I had good mobility operating around 280 ish in my rugby days and I was shorter and such then so when I have slimmed down to 300-ish by the time I hit uni I should be fine.

I may, also, be naturally useless. In this case I will just be an interesting call at WR :L

ReputationRep:
    Really. Isn't that pretty small? I was expecting the average to be considerably bigger than that really. Fair enough
    I've never seen a 180lb lineman in BUAFL. The Patriot plays youth league which is age 16-18 and thus hasn't seen proper linemen yet. :p:
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgeman49)
    I've never seen a 180lb lineman in BUAFL. The Patriot plays youth league which is age 16-18 and thus hasn't seen proper linemen yet. :p:
    Oh okay then. Are there quite a few my size then :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay then. Are there quite a few my size then :moon:
    No, there aren't that many 300lb+ guys. I'd say the majority are in the 220-270 range.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    No, there aren't that many 300lb+ guys. I'd say the majority are in the 220-270 range.
    I see. Is this generally the case outside of the NFL/college football?

ReputationRep:
    I see. Is this generally the case outside of the NFL/college football?
    I can only really talk from my experience of BUAFL / BAFACL. BAFACL Premier linemen probably average in the 250-300 range.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I can only really talk from my experience of BUAFL / BAFACL. BAFACL Premier linemen probably average in the 250-300 range.
    Probably pretty strong lads as well. It's a shame there isn't more of the game in the UK really. I mean, we have to put up with loads of cricket!

ReputationRep:
    This.

I'm 6'2" and 57KG, and I was fine. So you're hardly too skinny. However a bit more strength will help.

Do you want to score touchdowns or stop the other team?

How good are you at:

throwing
    running (speed)
    strength
    tackling
    fearless
    jumping
    Just out of interest, do you/did you play for a team? I think it was you who used to have their location as West Midlands and that's where I'm from =P I played for Redditch before they went bust Cornerback, 5'9, 154lbs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Egg Militia)
    Just out of interest, do you/did you play for a team? I think it was you who used to have their location as West Midlands and that's where I'm from =P I played for Redditch before they went bust Cornerback, 5'9, 154lbs
    I also played for redditch before they went bust.

Cornerback, 6'2" 120lbs.

I played for birmingham last season, but I'm not playing this year

ReputationRep:
    No way Year 2009?

I was number 15 =P 2010 I actually didn't have the money to play so I attended the first 2 training sessions then my life went pretty much tits up :awesome:. All to do with money for me. I'm moving to Suffolk soon and since I've kept myself in good shape I want to try out for the Ipswich Cardinals or any of the other local teams.

Is that you Fish?

ReputationRep:
    5'7 wouldn't really preclude you from being a BUAFL QB I don't think. Our QB is a bit short to throw from the pocket so we just boot him out a little bit on pass plays. I don't think many O linemen are 180 lbs either. Maybe if they were a strong 180 (I believe CU have a small LT), but generally you could just get a fat guy to do the job better.

Good day for Caesars today, dominant win over Oxford. I wasn't registered so I did the chains :emo: In against the Falcons in 2 weeks though. Doubt I will get a ton of game time because it's a big game, but who knows. Our OC knows me and my abilities so whatever he chooses it will be fair..

ReputationRep:
    No way Year 2009?

I was number 15 =P 2010 I actually didn't have the money to play so I attended the first 2 training sessions then my life went pretty much tits up :awesome:. All to do with money for me. I'm moving to Suffolk soon and since I've kept myself in good shape I want to try out for the Ipswich Cardinals or any of the other local teams.

Is that you Fish?
    nein, it isn't. gutted!

but yeah that sounds cool mate .

i think it was 2009 yeah.

who's this?

ReputationRep:
    I managed to stick out the 2009 season (there was only about 15 of us left in the final game against Tamworth). We are talking about the senior team here right? I played for the youth team as back-up QB in 2008 but Cornerback suited my build better and when I made the senior team, I switched.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    5'7 wouldn't really preclude you from being a BUAFL QB I don't think.
    Agreed, Bath used to have a 5'10" QB (still considered short) who is now the backup for the London Blitz. I recently played against him at Old Boys and he was a total nightmare because he was so mobile in the pocket (and outside it). His throws were pretty good too.

ReputationRep:
    Maz =P
    I managed to stick out the 2009 season (there was only about 15 of us left in the final game against Tamworth). We are talking about the senior team here right? I played for the youth team as back-up QB in 2008 but Cornerback suited my build better and when I made the senior team, I switched.
    nein I was youth

probably why I don't know you haha.

shame they folded really. they were more convenient than the bulls, and i liked the red

ReputationRep:
    nein I was youth

probably why I don't know you haha.

shame they folded really. they were more convenient than the bulls, and i liked the red
    Damn =P Yeah, I'm an old man at 21 now. I still have my helmet and some training kit but I had to give the jersey back =/ How come you're not playing this year? I'm itching to get back on the field but I have 3 jobs and full time study to balance. Plus my bank statements read approximately £0 these days :rolleyes: I heard some of the remaining Arrows players tried to make a new team in Worcester?

Remember Jed? (I think that was his name, played center for the youth team) That guy was a beast.

ReputationRep:
    Damn =P Yeah, I'm an old man at 21 now. I still have my helmet and some training kit but I had to give the jersey back =/ How come you're not playing this year? I'm itching to get back on the field but I have 3 jobs and full time study to balance. Plus my bank statements read approximately £0 these days :rolleyes: I heard some of the remaining Arrows players tried to make a new team in Worcester?

Remember Jed? (I think that was his name, played center for the youth team) That guy was a beast.
    yeah I remember him. he is kicking round tsr somewhere. i remember finding him by accident haha.

I'm not playing this year because I have little time and no money. I obvs don't have as much as you lol, but I'm not very good at organizing work so I would fail a-levels SOOOOO badly haha.

and yeah. worcester tried and failed. not enough interest.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.