Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    Yeah, I'd really like some info on all that sort of stuff.
    If you're really worried about stuff, then just email the college and ask. They won't mind or mock you for it - they are generally really friendly. But as people have said, if you haven't received anything, they'll just sort it out for you.. which is far easier! I know that Hilda's are in the process of assigning college parents at the moment, and it might be the same at other colleges.. last year we received a postcard from our parents around this time which was cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinstriped.flower)
    If you're really worried about stuff, then just email the college and ask. They won't mind or mock you for it - they are generally really friendly. But as people have said, if you haven't received anything, they'll just sort it out for you.. which is far easier! I know that Hilda's are in the process of assigning college parents at the moment, and it might be the same at other colleges.. last year we received a postcard from our parents around this time which was cool.
    I'll just wait, I'm sure I'll get it all in due course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChopinNocturne)
    I played the Pathetique yesterday, amazing piece :love: but yeah it's one you need loads of energy for, it's not what I'd go for if I wanted restful piano playing!!
    Yay! I've just started learning it. All those octaves in the left hand are ridiculously exhausting, but oh, what a spectacular piece.

ReputationRep:
    i don't understand the meaning of this thread, please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sempiternitas)
    Yay! I've just started learning it. All those octaves in the left hand are ridiculously exhausting, but oh, what a spectacular piece.
    Yeah it's mental in the left hand, I find the octaves make you speed up as well because they're easier slightly faster but then you get to the horrible right hand bits and can't play them! So good though The whole sonata is amazing actually, the second movement is lovely and the third, the rondo, is just gorgeous - the different characters of it are fantastic!! My favourite movement by far, not as flashy as the first but lovely to play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChopinNocturne)
    Yeah it's mental in the left hand, I find the octaves make you speed up as well because they're easier slightly faster but then you get to the horrible right hand bits and can't play them! So good though The whole sonata is amazing actually, the second movement is lovely and the third, the rondo, is just gorgeous - the different characters of it are fantastic!! My favourite movement by far, not as flashy as the first but lovely to play
    I love the second and the third movements as well! I'm focusing on the first at the moment. I predict that I'll be able to play all three of them by this time next year, or maybe this time the year after that.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyoneee
    Anyone going to be in Jesus college this year?
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoire)
    as philosopher-of-sorts said, if you email the college it may be possible for you to arrive a few days early. freshers were supposed to arrive at LMH on monday but because i had a pre-term course thing I had to arrive on sunday instead, but I just called the college and they were fine with it (as according to our accommodation agreements i technically had paid for my room on the sunday night anyway). lots of international students arrive a few days early so you won't be alone!

the other option is just to take whatever you can carry with you on the train to arrive on tuesday and have your parents bring the rest of your stuff at the weekend/whenever they're available.
    Thanks for the advice - I emailed them already and they said quite firmly that I had to arrive on the Tuesday! I think I might take the second option you suggest

ReputationRep:
    Woot, student finance cleared. Maybe that lovely woman at admissions will stop pestering me for proof I'm wealthy enough to afford a white bow tie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucius)
    Woot, student finance cleared. Maybe that lovely woman at admissions will stop pestering me for proof I'm wealthy enough to afford a white bow tie
    Are you talking about admissions at Hertford?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh my list! And if anyone has something to add (a college/subject group) please PM or post it
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I don't use facebook! There isn't an Exeter group anyway so I'm safe for now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucius)
    How did you find out it had been cleared?
    I havent heard anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon1993)
    How did you find out it had been cleared?
    I havent heard anything
    Check the application status bit on your student finance account

ReputationRep:
    hi all !
    have we (uk\home undergraduate students) to pay college fees?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moritzplatz)
    hi all !
    have we (uk\home undergraduate students) to pay college fees?
    From the letter that came with my offer:
    The College fee is a charge for College based tuition and is not payable by Home/EU undergraduates who are eligible for UK government support

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    From the letter that came with my offer:
    thanks !
    i do not know how to interpretate "who are eligible for UK government support "
    have i to request a loan?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moritzplatz)
    thanks !
    i do not know how to interpretate "who are eligible for UK government support "
    have i to request a loan?
    I don't know - it says further information can be found at http://www.ox.ac.uk/feesandfunding/f...mation/college

ReputationRep:
    it says" except full time undergraduate students from the UK and other EU member states taking their first publicly funded course of Higher Education."
    so i think we do not have to pay college fees (:bl:)

thanks!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    BTW, hooray for the Oxford Opportunity Bursary

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.