POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
Martyn*
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Osama will go down in history. History does not share our prejudices towards bad individuals, and neither does the media it seems. Just look how the media news-world are almost now handing him stardom.
Leon Trotsky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There's no way he would have surrounded to his sworn enemies; he was always going to go down fighting and die a martyr. So, it's not really a question of did the US do the right thing killing him, as it's the only thing they could've done.
Steevee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cheesecakefactory)
I have had a stun grenade used on me, so I know first hand how effective they are. Maybe tranquillizer darts are pushing it a bit, but they could at least have tried to stun Bin Laden and handcuff him.
Oh wow, you really don't know what you;re talking about.

For one, tranqualizer darts are the realm of fantasy, special forces have never used them on operations. And although 'stun' grenades can be effective, they are only really effective in a small area. And as I said before, they were in a firefight. Why don't you try having people firing guns at you, and see just how much you want to run toward them when they're firing blind to try and handcuff one of them?
Sonny_J_D
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have had a stun grenade used on me, so I know first hand how effective they are. Maybe tranquillizer darts are pushing it a bit, but they could at least have tried to stun Bin Laden and handcuff him.
Stun grenades only temporarily disorientate a target - they don't literally stun them. It still would have been extremely difficult to get close
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ~Kat~)
Am I missing something or is everyone accepting him as dead, without any evidence, just because America said so?
Oh dear.

Yes, because that would be one lie that, if found out, would destroy governments. Even the Americans aren't that stupid.
Leon Trotsky
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Sighrawr)
If he ACTUALLY EXISTED, then yes, it would have been the right thing to do.
Which he does.
Steevee
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You're right. Clearly my celebrating the death of a mass murder makes me as bad as him. My bad. I'll go hand myself in to the local constabulary now.
greengrapes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ~Kat~)
Am I missing something or is everyone accepting him as dead, without any evidence, just because America said so?
i totally agree we as the public are just being fed american propaganda and are expected to simply believe whatever the USA say. they have not shown us any evidence whatsoever and everyone is cheering this supposed death as a "victory" for all we know osama is still alive and jammin like he has been for the past 10 years..
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A stun grenade - or flashbang - only works when people are cuahgt by surprise or haven't become accustomed to loud noises and flashes. In the case of an ongoing firefight releasing one into a room where people are already firing from it would have little effect.
KJane
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by slavetosociety)
Capturing him could have helped us unmask the vast al Qaeda network. But since they killed him and buried his body at sea almost immediately...

Shouts "conspiracy!" with a megaphone... :ninja:
How? He'd be the last person I'd expect to suddenly spill the beans to his enemies.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Addzter)
Which he does.
Well, did...
tehFrance
Report 7 years ago
In regards to the poll He was killed on May 2nd in Pakistan... May 1st in US... poll is flawed if going by local time.
greengrapes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Which he does.
how do you really know he existed? all we have is the usa's word that he did.
Google tim osman maybe?
nosaer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greengrapes)
i totally agree we as the public are just being fed american propaganda and are expected to simply believe whatever the USA say. they have not shown us any evidence whatsoever and everyone is cheering this supposed death as a "victory" for all we know osama is still alive and jammin like he has been for the past 10 years..
There are definately pictures. Either taken by the forces that got him as trophy pics, or pics taken for ID purposes when they brought him back. The only question, is will the US see any reason in releasing them, or will they be leaked onto the interweb.
tuckaa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think its good he has been killed. But i do feel very strange that all around the world people are celebrating the death of another human.
Bardem
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My expression upon reading this thread title: :rolleyes:
Leon Trotsky
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Well, did...
Touche. :holmes:
Sighrawr
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Which he does.
Not. This whole terrorist thing for the past 10 years is mostly hype and largely exaggerated/fabricated by the world's western governments. That's my opinion and you can't change it. Sweet dreams (especially now that you must think the world's a safer place.)
xnatalie01x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's the nearest thing to justice the families of all those he killed have after 10 years, so I don't blame them really.
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I see what you mean. It's good that he's not a problem any more, but something just seems wrong about celebrating the fact that he's dead. It think it would have been much better if he was captured alive, but there's no way he would have let that happen.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (214)
39.27%
No - but I will (38)
6.97%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.61%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (257)
47.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed