Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukas)
    1.open Skype
    2.go tools->options->connection
    3.type 3128 for use port .... for incoming connections
    4.choose HTTPS and type in http://wwwcache.ed.ac.uk for host and 3128 for port
    5.click save and it should work
    do i need to enter my username and password in the boxes below the HTTPS bit ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ankita_patnaik)
    do i need to enter my username and password in the boxes below the HTTPS bit ?
    no

ReputationRep:
    hey, well Michael, Elouise, Carly and I met up on wednesday, and we're really sorry if anyone else was hanging around Potter Row and didn't see us. There were several people who we thought could be waiting for us, but didn't want to go and ask them... so Carly made a sign saying TSR, then nobody wanted to hold it so the idea fell through.

I'm at home at the minute, coming back to Ed tonight and can't wait

Sooo anyone else up for meeting at any time? I'm free pretty much every afternoon xxx

ReputationRep:
    *Tumbleweed drifts by*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelnicholson88)
    *Tumbleweed drifts by*
    ha hah god I love how dead this forum has become since we all actually moved up here... guess it means everyone is getting on ok?

ReputationRep:
    *Tumbleweed drifts by*

ReputationRep:
    My course is eating away at my soul.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'll bite... What's your course... and how do you know you have a soul?

ReputationRep:
    Right, me and Emma are meeting up again at Potterrow for coffee, outside the door at 1pm on Wednesday. We would really love it if everyone on here made the effort to come along too- we've been chatting on here for months now but there's still loads of you we haven't seen, which is a real shame. But this is the last time we're advertising. So I hope we see everyone there, and don't worry if you can't stay for long- I'll be back home by 5 to watch Scotland hump Ukraine!

See you all soon.

Michael

ReputationRep:
    Right, me and Emma are meeting up again at Potterrow for coffee, outside the door at 1pm on Wednesday. We would really love it if everyone on here made the effort to come along too- we've been chatting on here for months now but there's still loads of you we haven't seen, which is a real shame. But this is the last time we're advertising. So I hope we see everyone there, and don't worry if you can't stay for long- I'll be back home by 5 to watch Scotland hump Ukraine!

See you all soon.

Michael
    i might actually come will see how the things go, but im really keen to meet you...how are you people doing with your courses? im just 'wrestling' with my economics exercises, im ok with all the logical stuff, but maths...i havent done any in the last 2 years, so some stuff is painful...but politics is really interesting and german is ok - the literature/cultural discussions are good, but grammar lectures/tutorials make me fall asleep...

well done scotland for the victory against france! slovakia played wales, won 5:1, so i was really happy...we're playing germany on wednesday, im properly scared

ReputationRep:
    Michael: I'm SO sorry - I really want to come tomorrow but Wednesdays are the worst day as I have lectures, tutorials and work from 9am to 6pm! Maybe next week?

Lukas: I didnt know you did Economics, thats cool, so do I!

PS: does anyone know where i can find the reading lists for History?

ReputationRep:
    Which history class? If you give me your email address, I can email you the European History handbook as a word document. I would assume that for other courses they're on webCT (which is where I found the course guide as an ebook).

ReputationRep:
    Argh my degree sucks, I really don't have any time this week at all (as we have our first crit on friday, and my partner has dropped out of university all together) and being the stressing, crying wreck I am right now I wouldn't be of great company. So sorry 'cause I really want to meet peeps. ;__;;

ReputationRep:
    So, like, last night I tried again to get AIM to work but I can't. Does anyone know what to set the connection to? Or whatever the issues is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yossarianlives)
    Argh my degree sucks, I really don't have any time this week at all (as we have our first crit on friday, and my partner has dropped out of university all together) and being the stressing, crying wreck I am right now I wouldn't be of great company. So sorry 'cause I really want to meet peeps. ;__;;
    *hug*

dont worry about it, im sure you will manage fine

(also, ive replied to you on facebook...)

sad to see nobody turned up AGAIN.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry I was late- I only found out after arranging it that I had to go to the Mooting Society meeting- it was my only chance to see a moot before we have to do an assessed one for law so it was really important that I went. I hope you don't think too badly of me (I did text Emma to tell her).

ReputationRep:
    i did not even come i was braindead after 3 german tutorials (non-stop), it drained all my energy...

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell I missed it again. sorry, I feel that I'm contributing to the deadness of this thread. FINALLY have my Resnet sorted so maybe sometime soon I'll turn up to one of these things.

Don't worry Kay, I'm sure it will start to calm down a bit once you get into a good routine (or I'm hoping it will with my lot!) Everything's just been so crazy. Right. Must go work now.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, don't worry about not coming, I'm sure we'll get something arranged eventually. Does anyone wanna swap mobile numbers? I already have most peoples, but it'd be easier for arranging to meet up as we're not checking tsr very often now.

Michael, you did come so its all good, and I had fun even though it was just us two.

PM me for the mobile thing xxx

ReputationRep:
    Pollock peeps missed me again! I was in the JMC - how can you eat that shiz every day?!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.