Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anxious Owl)
    Let us wallow in our own self pity.

What are your other choices? I've applied to Leciester (had an interview), Notts (1#) and Sheffield.
    Lol i agree
    Kcl 5 yea ... barts n barts ( 4+ 5 yea but not looking likely ... Soton - they have interviewed 1/3 of candidates all ova 800 so unlikely....
    There i was in july thinking my uckat was good and i am being conservative with my choices... ... Ohh how did Leicester interview go ? For 4 yea or 5 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW
    Irish applicant,

UKCAT :700
    UCAS TARIFF: 585 (I think)

Couldn't be happier!

ReputationRep:
    got an interview
    international applicant (IB)

UKCAT: 692,5
    UCAS tariff: 589

(Original post by hello101)
      Lol i agree
      Kcl 5 yea ... barts n barts ( 4+ 5 yea but not looking likely ... Soton - they have interviewed 1/3 of candidates all ova 800 so unlikely....
      There i was in july thinking my uckat was good and i am being conservative with my choices... ... Ohh how did Leicester interview go ? For 4 yea or 5 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
      I applied for the 5 year course
      Let's just say that it wasn't incredible but it wasn't a total disaster either. I think I tend to over-focus on the negatives and forget the positives? But yeah, it was okay, but the verbal reasoning was hellish.

I get what you mean by feeling really good about the UKCAT! I was so proud to get that result but I suppose they've got to set a boundary somewhere and there are so many brilliant applicants.

How are you feeling in general about your application for all 4 Unis this year? I'm counting on Notts and Shef to pull through for me because their interviews are much more traditional, whereas Leicester was MMI.

(Original post by TheBarberShop)
        JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW
        Irish applicant,

UKCAT :700
        UCAS TARIFF: 585 (I think)

Couldn't be happier!
        Aw, well done!

ReputationRep:
        Aw, well done!
        Congrats to all you guys,, but can i be honest some of the stats aren't even as high as those who have been rejected ?
        Also..I see why they are interviewing international applicants first...Oh well
        Im looking forward to seeing what the UKCAT of grads who are accepted for interview are?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by deep05)
        My son got an interview by email from Barts at 1:24PM today.
        His first name starts with K and Last name starts M.

Good luck every one.
        international applicant ?

ReputationRep:
        I applied for the 5 year course
        Let's just say that it wasn't incredible but it wasn't a total disaster either. I think I tend to over-focus on the negatives and forget the positives? But yeah, it was okay, but the verbal reasoning was hellish.

I get what you mean by feeling really good about the UKCAT! I was so proud to get that result but I suppose they've got to set a boundary somewhere and there are so many brilliant applicants.

How are you feeling in general about your application for all 4 Unis this year? I'm counting on Notts and Shef to pull through for me because their interviews are much more traditional, whereas Leicester was MMI.
        Well kcl i spoke like a cave man literally they were a litlle frustrated ;-(
        No hope for 4 year programs ;
        Only QM LEFT. Which is jus ridiculous 2 be honest .. I agree with them having to set a cut off but i would choose the leicester and Warwick approaches for selecting candidates ... I don like tem having a cut off because then it creates borderline candidates ( which will aleays be the case)... U can reject them coz thr fell 1 point below the borderline... What warwick and leicester do means that 1 bordelrline candidates are viewed equally an second coz of their overall scoring... So if ur overall total was 1 less than the cut off means generally its a lot more than 1 because there are many factors being accounted for .... Though small cases of true borderline will always exist

I am sure u have done well for MMI
        ... Did u apply 4 yea at nots ? Bristol ... I am sure u will get an interview...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by caoimhi_n)
        got an interview

With what letter does your name and surname begin with ?? So i can see if interviews are sent out alphabetically !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Conaura)
        With what letter does your name and surname begin with ?? So i can see if interviews are sent out alphabetically !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
        first name d, surname h.

I think they're being sent to non-UK applicants first as i got sent a list of dates and get to choose which one i can attend!

ReputationRep:
        Interview invitation at 15:46

EU Reapplicant,
        UKCAT: 802.5
        UCAS Tariff: 654
        Initials: M. L.

Cheers and good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by TheBarberShop)
        first name d, surname h.

I think they're being sent to non-UK applicants first as i got sent a list of dates and get to choose which one i can attend!
        Thanks !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by hello101)
          Well kcl i spoke like a cave man literally they were a litlle frustrated ;-(
          No hope for 4 year programs ;
          Only QM LEFT. Which is jus ridiculous 2 be honest .. I agree with them having to set a cut off but i would choose the leicester and Warwick approaches for selecting candidates ... I don like tem having a cut off because then it creates borderline candidates ( which will aleays be the case)... U can reject them coz thr fell 1 point below the borderline... What warwick and leicester do means that 1 bordelrline candidates are viewed equally an second coz of their overall scoring... So if ur overall total was 1 less than the cut off means generally its a lot more than 1 because there are many factors being accounted for .... Though small cases of true borderline will always exist

I am sure u have done well for MMI
          ... Did u apply 4 yea at nots ? Bristol ... I am sure u will get an interview...

Posted from TSR Mobile
          I guess you've got a point there. But Leicester uses a points system for offering interviews - a mark out of 60. I got 56 last year and was one of the last to be invited, but I got 59 this year and was one of the first. It's tough

I've applied for the 5 year courses (undergrad). I didn't get in last year mainly because of my UKCAT. But I'm much more hopeful for this year barring QM of course...

Let's keep positive, yeah? Not getting into med school isn't the end of the universe - I know from experience let's just get through this hell ride...

ReputationRep:
          Wow Bart's sounds really harsh this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by PG593)
          Hardly any invites have been given out mate, it's still early days. I don't understand why you're worried…with your 720 tariff points and UKCAT it's a no brainer. I assume you're a Home UK student for A100.
          Thanks for the reassurance just cuz they sent an email like a week b4 saying they r starting to give out invitations but I still hvnt heard anything. Besides I don't really know wt they are looking for the pages b4 r saying ppl with reasonable UKCAT scores r rejected so depressing..

Yep you r right UK home student, A100, just that I'm from a Chinese family so I'm taking a level Chinese lul

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
          GRADUATE APPLICANTS OF BARTS

COME ON PEOPLE .... BARTS IS INNUNDATED WITH APPLICANTS YET THERE ARE ONLY 15 polls on the follwoing threads come one !!!! alteast just add ur ukcat if you dont want to say anything else.( lol i want this as I will proably wirte a guide at the end of the application cycle for Barts ...if I am not workking ... so Only honest is welcome ... no one iwll be judged )

Gradutes applying to A100 please go :- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2539213
          Graduates applying to A101 PLEASE GO :_ http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2539201

MANY THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE DONE THIS .. U all have Brownie/cookie points from me !!! come on all peepz ... u know u want those brownie/cookie( due to festive period cookie is more appropriate) points

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by caoimhi_n)
          got an interview

got rejected… international applicant as well

UKCAT: 770
          UCAS tariff: 680- A*A*A*A*A (Pure Maths, Chem, Physics, Economcs, Bio)- Achieved

anyone have any advice/reasoning?

ReputationRep:
          Anyone knows if Bart will work during the next week? I suppose there are still a few days (27-29) to receive an invitation. And did they already fill up all the international slots?
          I'm international and haven't heard from them yet. My stats are as followed:

UKCAT 745
          UCAS: A*AB
          Expecting 2.1 Biomed at UCL

They said for graduate applicants, A levels will not be used so I'm still hoping ...

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by psmalhotra)
          got rejected… international applicant as well

UKCAT: 770
          UCAS tariff: 680- A*A*A*A*A (Pure Maths, Chem, Physics, Economcs, Bio)- Achieved

anyone have any advice/reasoning?
          oh no... I cant believe with such amazing statistics you were rejected When did you hear from them?

ReputationRep:
          I'm in a similar situation and still haven't heard back from Barts. I don't really know how they deal with us international/grads. :/
          (Original post by Willois)
          Anyone knows if Bart will work during the next week? I suppose there are still a few days (27-29) to receive an invitation. And did they already fill up all the international slots?
          I'm international and haven't heard from them yet. My stats are as followed:

UKCAT 745
          UCAS: A*AB
          Expecting 2.1 Biomed at UCL

They said for graduate applicants, A levels will not be used so I'm still hoping ...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.