Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    I thought we'd shifted the selling club tag but it looks like vermaelens on his way out and we've let sagna go

I'll be furious if another captain goes to utd
    I'm happy for him to go and us buy Nastasic. Really happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wenger should tell United to give us £12M + Phil Jones or **** off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    You really wants Phil jones ?

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    United got Jones for around £15m, and I'd say his current valuation is around that. Vermaelen is in the last year of his contract so we really cannot be asking for a lot, especially considering he's spent the best part of 18 months on the bench. We'd be luck if we got £10m for Vermaelen.

A straight swap would be fair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    United got Jones for around £15m, and I'd say his current valuation is around that. Vermaelen is in the last year of his contract so we really cannot be asking for a lot, especially considering he's spent the best part of 18 months on the bench. We'd be luck if we got £10m for Vermaelen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    More than fair. Vermalen is nearing 30 and as good as he'll ever be while Jones is young and will improve a lot. If anything, Arsenal should give United a couple of million on top. But it won't happen, United have 5 defenders, they won't be letting any go.

ReputationRep:
    This whole Jack Wilshere do or die season thing is quite funny. I've noticed in England we always seem to judge a player according to how long he's been around, rather than how old the player is? Lallana, England's saviour, was in League 1 at the age of 22. A lot of great midfielders we see barely started their careers at 22. Let's take Pirlo for example, around the same age as Jack he was on loan at Brescia. But for Wilshere it's 'do or die' now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    This whole Jack Wilshere do or die season thing is quite funny. I've noticed in England we always seem to judge a player according to how long he's been around, rather than how old the player is? Lallana, England's saviour, was in League 1 at the age of 22. A lot of great midfielders we see barely started their careers at 22. Let's take Pirlo for example, around the same age as Jack he was on loan at Brescia. But for Wilshere it's 'do or die' now.
    Impatient fans. They want every player to do well and to do so now, if not then apparently they become "dead wood".

I remember people calling for Ramsey to be sold, and now they say we could have won the league if he stayed fit

Fickle as f*ck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1406137527.213644.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  121.9 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Impatient fans. They want every player to do well and to do so now, if not then apparently they become "dead wood".

I remember people calling for Ramsey to be sold, and now they say we could have won the league if he stayed fit

Fickle as f*ck
    Agreed. Jack will come good on a consistent basis, he just been unfortunate with injuries.

Arsenal fans are very fickle. The exact same thing that happen to Ramsey happened to Theo when he signed his new contract. The people who criticized Theo then know themselves.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    X
    :mad:

It wasn't an overreaction.
    Eisfield is a good player, nearly always made an impact when he comes on for those minor or practice games Wenger puts him in for. Yeah, I agree he's 21 and should be playing first team footie but I'd rather have seen him go out on loan to get more game time. Hope Fulham does him good.

What?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We should only sell to United if we mug them off in the process. Selling our captain to United isn't exactly elitist mentality. Wenger will have a part to play in this if it actually happens.

ReputationRep:
    Why should we sell him to United, unless we aren't mugging them off in the process? Selling our captain to United isn't exactly elitist mentality. Wenger will have a part to play in this if it actually happens.
    Why should United sell to you? If it's a swap it goes both ways... he's your 'captain' but he doesn't even play. Jones is more important to United than Vermaelen is to you.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl2: Caught him out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    :mad:

It wasn't an overreaction.
    Eisfield is a good player, nearly always made an impact when he comes on for those minor or practice games Wenger puts him in for. Yeah, I agree he's 21 and should be playing first team footie but I'd rather have seen him go out on loan to get more game time. Hope Fulham does him good.

What?
    Lol what exactly have you based this opinion on? His cameo against Reading in the cup last season & his goal against WBA in the COC? He's never been able to truly get to grips with U21 level so there isn't much to suggest he could make the step up. Reality is, if he was as good as some are saying he would be in the first team. Why was Cesc being played at the age of 16 for us? Because he was awesome. Eisfeld can't even get near a midfield with Arteta, Flamini and perma crock Diaby.

The fact of the matter is, Eisfeld is not good enough to play for The Arsenal, so there is no point crying over spilt milk, say your goodbyes, part company and move on.

We are in a position now we're we don't need to be pinning our hopes on the next best thing, the bar has now risen and Eisfeld doesn't make it, cut the dramatics and move on, he has.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)

Fickle as f*ck
    Ramsey was absolutely atrocious he should of been replaced tbf

2 years of some of the ****test performances I've seen he was absolutely dreadful and regularly boo'd. That's why I don't think he'll hesitate to move to madrid or city if he develops much because he remembers how the fans treated him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    Ramsey was absolutely atrocious he should of been replaced tbf

2 years of some of the ****test performances I've seen he was absolutely dreadful and regularly boo'd. That's why I don't think he'll hesitate to move to madrid or city if he develops much because he remembers how the fans treated him
    He wont move to City, but he would move to either Barcelona or Madrid. I recall in an interview two months ago he said the prospect of joining one of the two would be "mouth-watering".

ReputationRep:
    no recovery what so ever

ReputationRep:
    He wont move to City, but he would move to either Barcelona or Madrid. I recall in an interview two months ago he said the prospect of joining one of the two would be "mouth-watering".
    That doesn't surprise me at all. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at city if we aren't competitive especially if wenger leaves and he feels he doesn't owe us anything

I don't see him ever playing for barca. Madrid is a possibility though if he stays consistent

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.