Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ButterflyGirl97)
    Do we need to bring an iron if we are in catered halls or do they have irons somewhere?
    Iron and ironing board in the laundry and in some kitchens 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Satchel or backpack for uni?

ReputationRep:
    Oh and what do people generally wear around uni and to lectures?

ReputationRep:
    Going nottingham this year! can't wait to meet everyone
    Im new to the club scene and just wondering if its true you can only go in if you wear school type shoes? is this true or am i going to look like a right prat on freshers??
    also, do clubs take debit cards when paying for drinks or do we take out money from an ATM first?
    do they sell champagne at clubs or do you buy that elsewhere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voss_1)
    Going nottingham this year! can't wait to meet everyone
    Im new to the club scene and just wondering if its true you can only go in if you wear school type shoes? is this true or am i going to look like a right prat on freshers??
    also, do clubs take debit cards when paying for drinks or do we take out money from an ATM first?
    do they sell champagne at clubs or do you buy that elsewhere?
    most clubs don't have a strict dress code nowadays, you can get in with trainers/jeans ect. some places don't allow hoodies. anyone in a tracksuit usually gets turned away. smarter places might have a shoes/collared shirt policy
    again, most places accept cards but to be safe it might be best to draw out some cash. atm's are usually close by to most clubs, some have them inside but they have charges for withdrawals
    champagne depends on the club. a lot of places do sell it, some dj's in clubs even give bottles away! (t&c's apply - you have to be a good looking lass)

by trainers i mean like Adidas originals or something of that sort. turn up in total 90's or air max's you could get turned away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conroy26)
    most clubs don't have a strict dress code nowadays, you can get in with trainers/jeans ect. some places don't allow hoodies. anyone in a tracksuit usually gets turned away. smarter places might have a shoes/collared shirt policy
    again, most places accept cards but to be safe it might be best to draw out some cash. atm's are usually close by to most clubs, some have them inside but they have charges for withdrawals
    champagne depends on the club. a lot of places do sell it, some dj's in clubs even give bottles away! (t&c's apply - you have to be a good looking lass)

by trainers i mean like Adidas originals or something of that sort. turn up in total 90's or air max's you could get turned away
    Thanks for the comprehensive reply, i appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conroy26)

Asics gel lyte III OK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dahl786)
    Asics gel lyte III OK?
    free entry to vip lounge in them bad boys

ReputationRep:
    Is everybody dressing up for the freshers parties? 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is everybody dressing up for the freshers parties? 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    shirt and jeans fine ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dahl786)
    shirt and jeans fine ?
    Yeah thats what im gonna do, but i notice all the freshers events are 'themed' and they expect us to dress up (e.g as cavemen) and i really cannot be arsed. Wondering whether everyone else is on the same wavelength

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thats what im gonna do, but i notice all the freshers events are 'themed' and they expect us to dress up (e.g as cavemen) and i really cannot be arsed. Wondering whether everyone else is on the same wavelength

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel this exactly, I so cannot be arsed to dress up all the time, would much rather wear my own clothes, but I also don't want to miss out on everything

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haven't got anything against it, but if I have to splash out £10-20 extra per night on fancy dress, I'm just going in jeans and shirt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milky228)
    Haven't got anything against it, but if I have to splash out £10-20 extra per night on fancy dress, I'm just going in jeans and shirt.
    same, just seems like the students union are trying to bleed us dry of money even before we've started. we could instead be spending that money on drinks/taxis etc to actually enjoy our freshers as opposed to prancing about in bedsheets (in reference to the 'greek' themed party).

ReputationRep:
    same, just seems like the students union are trying to bleed us dry of money even before we've started. we could instead be spending that money on drinks/taxis etc to actually enjoy our freshers as opposed to prancing about in bedsheets (in reference to the 'greek' themed party).
    They provide transport to and from the fresher week events.
    All I did last year was buy some cheap tops from primark, cut them up if necessary and wore them with skirt/trousers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is it a good idea to buy freshers events tickets in advance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Djangoo)
    Is it a good idea to buy freshers events tickets in advance?
    I asked that earlier.. In this or the other notts thread..
    Most people are gonna wait till they get there and book with other mates.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to be studying FAM or staying in Newark Hall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterflyy)
    Anyone going to be studying FAM or staying in Newark Hall?
    If FAM stands for Finance, Accounting & management then yeahh hahah. Although im not in newark hall, on the other side of the campus

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If FAM stands for Finance, Accounting & management then yeahh hahah. Although im not in newark hall, on the other side of the campus

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes it does ! finally found someone What hall are you in?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.