The Uni Study Thread Mark IV Watch

rayquaza17
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MathsNerd1)
Happy to help And it's not too bad, all but one module are enjoyable, the final one is just a bore! But I get my results on Tuesday, so my thoughts could change about how I should do!

Hope this semester is going well for you as well
Good luck for your results! Mine are on Wednesday! :eek:

Which one is the bore? Mine are okay so far, but tbh we haven't really got stuck in properly yet for me to make a proper decision about them!

(Original post by Slowbro93)
Yeah as mathsnerd has said, its showing you want to contribute and develop to what is out there. What area of maths are toy thinking?
Definitely applied maths.
My project is going to be something to do with the magnetic field of neutron stars.
MathsNerd1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rayquaza17)
Good luck for your results! Mine are on Wednesday! :eek:

Which one is the bore? Mine are okay so far, but tbh we haven't really got stuck in properly yet for me to make a proper decision about them!
Thanks Good luck getting yours as well!

It's called modelling with differential equations and up to this point it hasn't been all that interesting, should still do well in the exam, just won't like it. We're currently doing traffic flow modelling, but that just means the lecturer takes 20-25 minutes explaining a picture on a page! This is what I have to endure for the next two weeks before starting Fluid Dynamics which sounds much better, I hope!
l'insegnante
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am stressing out! My uni haven't been able to place me in a school and have basically told me to find my own but everywhere is full of student teachers by this time :afraid: I'm waiting on one school to get back to me and they are my last hope! After the euphoria of passing all my modules with flying colours, I am seriously stressing out now :argh:
BeyondandAbove
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
She doesn't like me by the looks of if why do I even ****ing bother? :sigh:
Hugs! :hugs:
That sucks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Gone and got a stinking great cold so I'm sat in the library feeling sorry for myself rather than working.
snailsareslimy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks everyone for the support, it's been massively appreciated :suith:.
WhamBamJam.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BeyondandAbove)
Not too bad, I think! All good (: But apparently my "excuses" were hilarious :-P oh well, to me they were serious. But no hate, no trash talk, so in my book it went good enough.

How are you doing?
Haha oh that's nice of someone to say!? Tbf I think it always sounds like an excuse when you're breaking it off.

I'm good! Just so so busy. And want results now. Constantly checking online. I have 3 less lectures a week this term and I'm still failing to keep up with them all... also I'm desperate to take medical micro next year but the lady who runs the unit is the most awful lecturer so I'm quite put off.

Student troubles.
BeyondandAbove
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by WhamBamJam.)
Haha oh that's nice of someone to say!? Tbf I think it always sounds like an excuse when you're breaking it off.

I'm good! Just so so busy. And want results now. Constantly checking online. I have 3 less lectures a week this term and I'm still failing to keep up with them all... also I'm desperate to take medical micro next year but the lady who runs the unit is the most awful lecturer so I'm quite put off.

Student troubles.
You're quite right there! But I can't put up with someone snoring and smoking. ): I need ma beauty sleep and all.

Oh, but do take med micro! It is so amazing, it's my actual degree right now haha. But if the lady is an awful lecturer, then.. I can see why you're put off. Just come to me for lectures. :p:
Good luck for your results!
WhamBamJam.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BeyondandAbove)
You're quite right there! But I can't put up with someone snoring and smoking. ): I need ma beauty sleep and all.

Oh, but do take med micro! It is so amazing, it's my actual degree right now haha. But if the lady is an awful lecturer, then.. I can see why you're put off. Just come to me for lectures. :p:
Good luck for your results!
Oh no no smoking is a no no! I mean, it probs should be about the person and all... haha but certain habits are pretty off putting.

do you do any other units? Yeah it's a shame cause she's really clever and stuff (obviously) but just can't communicate well. I'm tryna convince myself I can learn well enough through my own reading but lectures do help a lot.. meh.

P.s. what do you do in med micro? I know it'll vary between degrees but would be interesting to hear.
BeyondandAbove
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by WhamBamJam.)
Oh no no smoking is a no no! I mean, it probs should be about the person and all... haha but certain habits are pretty off putting.

do you do any other units? Yeah it's a shame cause she's really clever and stuff (obviously) but just can't communicate well. I'm tryna convince myself I can learn well enough through my own reading but lectures do help a lot.. meh.

P.s. what do you do in med micro? I know it'll vary between degrees but would be interesting to hear.
Yes, I would consider it if the person wants to quit! I'm a bit adamant about it.. I did try to tolerate it for a while, but I couldn't haha.

Oh, I've got a couple of units! We looked at urine, cerebral spinal fluid and vaginal swabs, and will be looking at liquified poop soon! So clinical stuff. I'm also doing some molecular biology units. So I think if you choose that module and you get some practicals, you'll have a lot of fun! And i covered a ****load of bacteria and viruses in first semester, so if you did need some help with something, I can definitely help you! If you want.

Wanna hear the next worst thing to a smoker?
Spoiler:
Show
Just recently realised I got a crush on my lab supervisor **** me, right? It totally crept up on me. Man, do I hate myself. I think I'm just super lonely. Since we talk A LOT during labs and get on super well and laugh together and tell each other stuff, my body thought the logical thing to do was to make me like her. GREAT.
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MyName??!)
x
Free on the 17th?
snailsareslimy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
Might be the best thing ever.
snailsareslimy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
She doesn't like me by the looks of if why do I even ****ing bother? :sigh:
Don't worry about it, bro there's always someone around the corner. Trust me, even I (think) I might have found someone who's not an *******.

Yes. I'm being positive for once. So you have to be, too. If she's not interested, screw her. You're too fabulous for that xxx
Elphaba Thropp
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=snailsareslimy;53495203] xxx [QUOTE]

So sorry for your loss. My grandmother passed away around two years ago and early February was when we would celebrate her birthday so I have been thinking about her even more lately. If you need anyone to talk to during this difficult time feel free to PM me.

Best of luck to everyone waiting on exam results. Turns out that I blew that incident at work way out of proportion. It's really weird to be around people that actually genuinely seem to like me unlike Uni.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Having a major cba day. I've only saved the notes was making for my Gender essay plan on the uni pc and I cba to walk back to uni, I just want to sit on my bed all day.
snailsareslimy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
Having a major cba day. I've only saved the notes was making for my Gender essay plan on the uni pc and I cba to walk back to uni, I just want to sit on my bed all day.
Same, I need to finish this chapter of my dissertation and email it to my tutor tonight but I'm going out tonight so will start getting ready in an hour and I've written 300 words... I don't know why I don't care about uni work anymore. I can't even really do it tomorrow because I have reading to do between my lecture and tutorial which, surprisingly, I haven't done...

Fml. Hopefully on Tuesday when my results come out they'll give me a kick up the arse.
number23
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Having a bit of a nightmare in erasmus. Missed one if exams due to room change

Hope the others go well

Fear if being kicked out
MyName??!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Free on the 17th?
O.O let me guess, you have an interview then?! :excited:
MyName??!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by snailsareslimy)
Honey I'm so sorry for your loss :console:
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MyName??!)
O.O let me guess, you have an interview then?! :excited:
Yep! Currently reading for it now

So ... Are you free?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (546)
37.73%
No - but I will (113)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (100)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (688)
47.55%

Watched Threads