This discussion is closed.
All Day
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by samba)
Manchester of course, city of light!
I'll pm you later, I'll get someone to email you their CV.
All Day
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
Start of the group assessment, make sure you say 'I'm the captain now'. You've won as soon as you say that; leadership skills.
personal experience or general misc style bull****?
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by All Day)
half and half is my guess..

Been to a fair few group interviews, and showing leadership/taking charge of group tasks is often a good thing..

But doing by saying 'I am your captain now' - probably is not the way to go about it..

Real leaders in tasks like these do not need to say it, they just do it.
All Day
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
half and half is my guess..

Been to a fair few group interviews, and showing leadership/taking charge of group tasks is often a good thing..

But doing by saying 'I am your captain now' - probably is not the way to go about it..

Real leaders in tasks like these do not need to say it, they just do it.
Ahh yeah cheers, been five years since my first and only group assessment. This isn't super important to me so not taking it too seriously yet but I already have the arrogance and control-freak abilities you need to take charge haha.
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by All Day)
Just got to be confident and influence the group in a positive way.
sr90
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by samba)
The BBC seem determined to waste license fee money don't they?
The license fee is such an outdated/draconian tax, the sooner it's scrapped and the BBC gets reformed the better.
Lyrical Prodigy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tom_Ford)

Just me in my lab on Friday nights. Can't wait to start cutting in May, next year will be madness.
Why did you hide your face, assuming that's you? show it or gtfo! :fuhrer:

Lol I'm joking... :ninja:

x
Hey Acorns!

Just something I've noticed, I was in Mothercare the other day with a friend looking for a gift for an aunts baby right, and the amount of white men with East Asian wives in there was incredible! And to be quite honest I loved it! Please don't see it as an issue because it really isn't. My bestie in primary school was half Filipino and half Irish and she was the most beautiful thing I've ever had the pleasure of calling my friend. I think interracial couples are amazing whatever the background. Well...there's not much else I can say. It would have been so much easier to tell you this in person or something to tell you how much I really mean what I say.

I know it's hard to fend of other people's opinions but you and Tom are one of the nicest personalities on here and it makes me sad to see you both feel like this. I think nothing of it and I'm sure I'm part of a large majority. Live life the way you feel is best for you x
Lyrical Prodigy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Actually hate weekends.
Zürich
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The thought process of someone who decides to be Chelsea...

''Ya, been looking club that attracts Combat 18 and that''
''But even if they arent Nazis these guys will be''

yeah so a Nazi feels at home

I feel so so sorry for that girl.

''No real allegiance, but those guys are doing hitler salutes, taunting that black fella and that guy just threw a pint over that Irish guy!'' I'm a Chelsea fan then.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)

Hey Acorns!

Just something I've noticed, I was in Mothercare the other day with a friend looking for a gift for an aunts baby right, and the amount of white men with East Asian wives in there was incredible! And to be quite honest I loved it! Please don't see it as an issue because it really isn't. My bestie in primary school was half Filipino and half Irish and she was the most beautiful thing I've ever had the pleasure of calling my friend. I think interracial couples are amazing whatever the background. Well...there's not much else I can say. It would have been so much easier to tell you this in person or something to tell you how much I really mean what I say.

I know it's hard to fend of other people's opinions but you and Tom are one of the nicest personalities on here and it makes me sad to see you both feel like this. I think nothing of it and I'm sure I'm part of a large majority. Live life the way you feel is best for you x
thanks, that was very lovely to read

Actually hate weekends.
how come? only 3 hours until aresenal (not that I am counting or anything)
Lyrical Prodigy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone use Madbid?
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have a friend who is the 2nd catagory.. activly chases chinese women - swear every single girl he has ever liked has been either chiense or japanese.. and I just want to slap him sometimes.. and say that forget about where they are from, and how they look.. are they actually a person you like.. or are you just chasing the idea that you like of having an asian wife.. - it really pisses me off.

/rant.
Funnily enough I was speaking to my boy yesterday and he just said that during university there were white guys who were just so thirsty for asian women.

You get it with black guys too with white women and vice versa.

(Original post by Tom_Ford)
I'd feel a little bit emasculated if I was in the situatuon where my Mother was Chinese, Father was white, and they thought the white culture was superior and never taught me about my other side. There are couples like that. It'd represent everything I hate about IR relationships, where one/both races in the pair is an object of fetish. I.e. The coupling came about in immoral circumstances. A lot of American couples are like that, messed up to begin with and they produce messed up kids. A lot of other stuff about this stuff that I cba to go into. Very important to teach mixed race kids to love both sides of themselves.
Logic the rapper talks about this. His dad is black(light skinned black) and his mother was white. Told about his life struggles, his mother used to call him a ni**** when her dad left them. I don't get how you can have 3 kids with a guy and call your son racist words like that.

Then because the guy looks white but was in a black neighbourhood/around black people, he used to get called a cracker etc. Must be hard to be racially abused for being partially black at home then when you're outside being racially abused for looking white. Basically both sides of your identity being berated.

I assume many mixed raced people get this treatment. Similar to those light skinned jokes black people make about other black people. Tbh we're all a little bit racist but I try to curb any negative preconceptions about other people based on their gender, race or other discriminatory factors and treat them as an individual.
jam277
Rep:
?
There's nothing to do on weekends when there's no football and you have no money.

It's so depressing. I just want to leave my house. I just want to have a weekend like at university, where I could do what I wanted to do. Just chill around in my house. Not have to listen to my mother.

I'd prefer to nurse a hangover at university or study for a test than this.

Passed my theory test. I need a person willing to let me use their car. I need to get better on the main roads. I can do the minor roads fine.
Lyrical Prodigy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
thanks, that was very lovely to read

how come? only 3 hours until aresenal (not that I am counting or anything)
No worries :hugs:

Nah it's cos I've always got a full house on weekends...everybody's up in my business and all I wanna do is watch football and do uni work!

(Original post by jam277)
Funnily enough I was speaking to my boy yesterday and he just said that during university there were white guys who were just so thirsty for asian women.

You get it with black guys too with white women and vice versa.
Nobody digs black/mixed chicks... funny, my ex was white and it didn't feel any different to when I dated a black guy. **** racism. Rah.

Edit: ooh and congrats on passing your theory! When I passed it was bang on the pass mark lol, 43! I recommend you start looking for a car now...it's stressing me looking for one now..
jam277
Rep:
?
Nobody digs black/mixed chicks... funny, my ex was white and it didn't feel any different to when I dated a black guy. **** racism. Rah.

Edit: ooh and congrats on passing your theory! When I passed it was bang on the pass mark lol, 43! I recommend you start looking for a car now...it's stressing me looking for one now..
Yeah I know a lot of people give that. Mixed raced chicks are rated more than black chicks but yeah you don't really hear much of mixed raced chicks, as you know already I appreciate you lot. I think in London there's a lot less ignorance in interracial dating, in my area anyway which is very mixed in its background. Tom Ford I think there is a problem wrt that because he lives in a white majority area. Liverpool as well has it's problems wrt that too, although the locals I was chilling with were all safe guys. Basically like living in East Londoners with different accents.

Haha I got 46. Most people I know got bang on the pass mark. Hazard Perception is piss though but think you need to know the signs. The real thing didn't feel any easier or harder than the practise tests but it was just mark one answer for it rather than 2/3 in the practise ones.
Tom_Ford
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Hey Acorns!

Because:

Spoiler:
Show

In srsness, because I want to keep my anonymity on a board, Tom Ford is a different type of personality IRL, more sensible on the surface, more methodical. But we all know according to Tom Ford's real personality, i.e. online, that he can be a very naughty boy indeed! Don't want all my naughty secrets out in the public sphere!

E.g. I know guys at Ebocarum's uni (e.g. the co-founder and head of York Union, who is in Eboc's year I think) and it could get a bit too close for comfort. Also know some of Luke's circles at my old Uni so goes to show you it is a small world.

Mannnnn that Jay-Z and Yonce set is shooo flawless!
samba
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Scraper is done for my matched betting app Need to code the logic this/next week, but at least it feels like something is accomplished!

I'm white/of jewish ancestry and think I have dated most colours! South asians attitudes piss me off though, and it's a bit tough culturally with chinese girls.

Anyone use Madbid?
Looking at it now.
All Day
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've used madbid in the past prod, it's a waste of time
Tom_Ford
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No worries :hugs:

Nah it's cos I've always got a full house on weekends...everybody's up in my business and all I wanna do is watch football and do uni work!

Media b.s. , most bumpkins think and do what they are told by Murdoch and co.

E.g. It is a comedy that a bang average guy like Gosling can be considered a heartthrob when foreign looking lads are not.

Katy Perry/Miley Cyrus/etc are pushed as a sex symbol, an icon. Ok...

Meanwhile absolute worldies like Noemie Lenoir are just ... ignored.

So , it is very important to judge someone's IQ by how much American media they believe and consume. If they are the type that love Gosling and Katy Perry believing them to be the height of human design, then she's not right bro. She's just not right...
Zürich
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i think myself and LP would dance a very fine dance. Probably something Irish
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (181)
27.55%
No (476)
72.45%

Watched Threads