Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thedaniellamary)
    I'm reading one of their suggested books, written some notes on favourite poems, books and my passion for the subject. What about you?
    I've read 3 of the books on the suggested reading list but I literally know nothing about poetry save for what I've done at school. Any recomendations for poetry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amarocks88)
    I've read 3 of the books on the suggested reading list but I literally know nothing about poetry save for what I've done at school. Any recomendations for poetry?
    Honestly depends if you prefer classic or more modern poets. Emily Dickinson for example or if you prefer more contemporary themes, you can find a poet who challenges or writes about themes on immigration etc
    I've read Hamlet before but it's been some time now. Are you going to discuss it in the interview, like how will you arise the topic of the suggested reading you've done?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly depends if you prefer classic or more modern poets. Emily Dickinson for example or if you prefer more contemporary themes, you can find a poet who challenges or writes about themes on immigration etc
    I've read Hamlet before but it's been some time now. Are you going to discuss it in the interview, like how will you arise the topic of the suggested reading you've done?
    Yeah I'll probably try to somehow bring it up. Bit worried about the fact that it's an hour and a half

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'll probably try to somehow bring it up. Bit worried about the fact that it's an hour and a half
    Yeah, at first I was like what?? An hour and a half but once you click the link it says the interview is 15 minutes. Therefore, I'm guessin that we'll be there for that amount of time as I've heard there's group discussions etc before the interview but not entirely sure

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, at first I was like what?? An hour and a half but once you click the link it says the interview is 15 minutes. Therefore, I'm guessin that we'll be there for that amount of time as I've heard there's group discussions etc before the interview but not entirely sure
    What time is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    there's group discussions etc
    Oh dear talking in groups is not exactly my thing :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone change their interview dates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BluBird :))
    Anyone change their interview dates?
    Mine is this Saturday at 10am, I haven't changed my date, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Mine is this Saturday at 10am, I haven't changed my date, what about you?
    9am on a Saturday. So close

ReputationRep:
    9am on a Saturday. So close
    Are you guys going to come alone or with your parents? And what are you planning to wear? I'm not sure if I should wear a suit or something more casual like jeans...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anybody else do the exam on the 29th?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AweysAbdul)
    Are you guys going to come alone or with your parents? And what are you planning to wear? I'm not sure if I should wear a suit or something more casual like jeans...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm going to come by myself and yeah I think jeans and maybe a shirt would be fine, I guess a mixture of smart and casual. I think I'll wear a dress, tights and boots.

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon jeans a shirt and a blazer will be ok?

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon jeans a shirt and a blazer will be ok?
    Yeah definitely

ReputationRep:
    Please may somebody tell me what happens in the interview, do we have to speak about a topic of our choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Couscousisnice)
    Please may somebody tell me what happens in the interview, do we have to speak about a topic of our choice?
    http://harriswestminstersixthform.org.uk/69/interviews

So yeah, for the first part you should be prepared to speak about a particular area of the subject you're interesting in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrangeBanana)
    http://harriswestminstersixthform.org.uk/69/interviews

So yeah, for the first part you should be prepared to speak about a particular area of the subject you're interesting in.
    Thank you that's very helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea of how the maths interview is structured or the kinds of questions they ask?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone! Just got up and feeling pumped

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    Good luck everyone! Just got up and feeling pumped

Posted from TSR Mobile
    and to you too and everyone else here. Wishing you all the best

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.