Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    which question are you guys on about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eleanor303)
    I didn't do any evaluation either!!? I really thought it was just a 6 mark outline question.
    SAME? It only said outline? .... awkward.... I feel like i've done badly looking at this thread! I had to teach myself the whole of Memory and social influence and obedience (unit 2 i know)

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else draw a diagram for the first Describe MSM 6 Marker? Don't say I'm gonna lose out!

Also we really should compile a list of the exam questions in order to create an unofficial mark scheme... really want to see how I did on that easy paper

EDIT: Also does anyone know any good revision material for Unit 2? I use Simply Psychology but if there are better ones, let me know! Also any general tips for Unit 2 would be helpful. Will be suprised if I get a decent grade in Psych though, got Cs in mocks (recent) so hoping I've turned it around by now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmike786)
    Yeah Geese study was byLorenz- that is an evaluation point, if you expanded on it well and articulated your point well explaining it and expanding it you may be awarded an AO2 mark for this
    OMG thank you!!!! Ive only briefly seen in (as in I've seen the name and a picture) but its in the crossword in the book

ReputationRep:
    Howto conduct a random sample anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same I just threw it in there as an AO2

ReputationRep:
    pick out a hat

ReputationRep:
    Names in a hat, and draw out of hat at random.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eleanor303)
    I didn't do any evaluation either!!? I really thought it was just a 6 mark outline question.
    It was! The evaluation question was the next question and was 2 marks (I think) and it was about research of anxiety of EWT in general

ReputationRep:
    Guys the question about strength of Strange sitch?
    And demand characteristics of mothers in strange sitch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrojanH)
    Did anyone else draw a diagram for the first Describe MSM 6 Marker? Don't say I'm gonna lose out!

Also we really should compile a list of the exam questions in order to create an unofficial mark scheme... really want to see how I did on that easy paper
    Nope don't worry about it, the other mark schemes state that a detailed and accurate diagram can be a perfectly acceptable answer and gain full marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teeedog)
    SAME? It only said outline? .... awkward.... I feel like i've done badly looking at this thread! I had to teach myself the whole of Memory and social influence and obedience (unit 2 i know)
    I didn't evaluate it either. I thought if we had to evaluate it as well they'd make it an 8 marker.
    So does this mean we didn't get the full 6 marks? The question said 'make sure to include the procedure and results'

ReputationRep:
    Yes the boundaries will probably go to 60. In other subjects to get a boundary minimum of 80% is rare for A usually around 87%. They would have no trouble increasing the boundaries to above 60.
    It's never been 60 it won't go that high surely

ReputationRep:
    Just to clear anything up; the question on anxiety and EWT asked for an OUTLINE only. Detailed outline (I imagine most of you went for Loftus and Palmer) in terms of procedure and findings is enough for 6 marks. No A02/Evaluation required.

^^ for the guy that wanted to know how to conduct a random sample; linking it to the stem; assign each child a number, put 'em all into a random number generator and get 10.

ReputationRep:
    If a question says outline it is only testing AO1 dont worry.

ReputationRep:
    Do you need 6 evaluation points to get the 6 ao2 marks?
    For the bowlby essay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    if a question says outline its just testing AO1

ReputationRep:
    Guys the question about strength of Strange sitch?
    And demand characteristics of mothers in strange sitch?
    Strength; highly standardised procedure, so easily replicable!

It asked why it would be useful for investigating attachment.

Demand characteristics; mothers work out what the aim of the experiment is (i.e. determining characteristics of attachment type) but they change their behaviour accordingly i.e. more attentive to the child.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleming1928)
    I didn't evaluate it either. I thought if we had to evaluate it as well they'd make it an 8 marker.
    So does this mean we didn't get the full 6 marks? The question said 'make sure to include the procedure and results'
    I think were ok, it would had said outline and evaluate or discuss if it wanted us to evaluate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgeboy989)
    Do you need 6 evaluation points to get the 6 ao2 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Theoretically, 2 is enough. I always use 3 to be safe. Be sure to relate them to the AO1 though, i.e. it's all well and good talking about Lorenz and his goslings; but you have to say it supports the 'innate' part of Bowlby's theory.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 10, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.