The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fabsafxo
SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME:

What was the answer for the C2 6 Marker??
What were the key points about the trends?

The B2 and C2 6 markers have been so unscientific which has been pretty annoying;/

You had to give 2 different temperature changes to show how temperature change increases with concentration

Then you had to explain the theory in regards to concentration and collision theory which I believe was 2/3 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
You had to give 2 different temperature changes to show how temperature change increases with concentration

Then you had to explain the theory in regards to concentration and collision theory which I believe was 2/3 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

awh thank you my love - I wrote a whole page as well!!
I even drew a little graph and explained how the graph would be...the reactants were used up that's why it stayed as 0.35..right???
Could someone please put up a link for Monday's english lit prose exam? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
am I the only person absolutely stressing out because I am having the worst gut feeling I absolutely done dreadful on the C3 exam. The C2 exam was slightly better for me, with the unofficial mark scheme up and everything, but I have forgotten what I had put for C3 and I am contemplating whether I even got just one mark. Sob. Please tell me I'm not the only one stressing out! I had revised so much :frown:! P.S., does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme and/or paper for C3?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3327275&page=4 Physics P2 & P3 Thread Wednesday 20th May 2015
I think the grade boundaries will be 47/48 for C2 and 45-47 for C3. The exams actually weren't much more difficult than last year's, so I struggle to see AQA decreasing the grade boundaries more than by a mark or so, though I'm certain they won't increase them.
Original post by vincentvangogh
am I the only person absolutely stressing out because I am having the worst gut feeling I absolutely done dreadful on the C3 exam. The C2 exam was slightly better for me, with the unofficial mark scheme up and everything, but I have forgotten what I had put for C3 and I am contemplating whether I even got just one mark. Sob. Please tell me I'm not the only one stressing out! I had revised so much :frown:! P.S., does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme and/or paper for C3?

Where can I find the C2 unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by MoshBosh
I think the grade boundaries will be 47/48 for C2 and 45-47 for C3. The exams actually weren't much more difficult than last year's, so I struggle to see AQA decreasing the grade boundaries more than by a mark or so, though I'm certain they won't increase them.

I have a feeling the C2 one may be 50 for an A*
Original post by mareyak
Where can I find the C2 unofficial mark scheme?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3327991
Original post by vincentvangogh

I feel the same, except I thought that C2 was the worst :frown: I revised from the start of the Easter holidays and I've been getting As in class in past papers. Both these papers were awful and most people from my class thought the same :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found biology better than c2 and c3 tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

Is there a c3 mark scheme anywhere or b3?
Original post by Scarllett
I feel the same, except I thought that C2 was the worst :frown: I revised from the start of the Easter holidays and I've been getting As in class in past papers. Both these papers were awful and most people from my class thought the same :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! I've put so much effort in and I just really hope if I don't get the grade I wanted I just hope my ISA would pull it up a bit more! I hope C1 is slightly more better :smile:
Original post by mareyak
I have a feeling the C2 one may be 50 for an A*

The exam was easy, but the grade boundaries have never been over 48, therefore it seems implausible to me that it will rise to 50. But who knows you could be right :smile:
At my sisters' school half of them left the exam crying. I didn't find it too bad though, and considering I had a sleepless night and was really ill - I'm quite happy!

I think it'll be around 45/60 for C2 and 44/60 for C3.
Original post by MoshBosh
The exam was easy, but the grade boundaries have never been over 48, therefore it seems implausible to me that it will rise to 50. But who knows you could be right :smile:

I hope i'm wrong.
Original post by Humzaawan123
I found biology better than c2 and c3 tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too I thought that the Biology papers were good. I'm not looking forward to Physics though! It's my worst subject! :s-smilie:
Original post by mareyak
I hope i'm wrong.

Yh I'm still sticking with 47 or 48, but gotta wait till results day. :007:
What did you write for the catalyst question and the 'How the student could improve his apparatus' one?

For the first one I said:
-Increases the rate of reaction
-Large surface area so there are more frequent collisions between the particles at a given time.

For the second one I wrote:
-Insulate the container
-Prevents heat being transferred to the surroundings.

Is that all wrong? :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending