Turn on thread page Beta

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachie93)
    In the email which gave the provision offer of employment, it stated that pre-employment checks can take up to 20 working days - which is 4 weeks.

We can therefore assume that we will receive a response by w.c. 10th October 2016.
    Has anyone received an email from manpower yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawgrad13)
    Nope.

I think that when I eventually get it they'll want to be really quick at carrying out the checks as they'll want to make a good impression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawgrad13)
    Not yet - give them chance its only been a few days!

ReputationRep:
    Not yet - give them chance its only been a few days!
    That's what I thought but just in case anyone had heard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Litts)
    Not had it
    It does say sent, anyway I've sent it again

ReputationRep:
    In the email which gave the provision offer of employment, it stated that pre-employment checks can take up to 20 working days - which is 4 weeks.

We can therefore assume that we will receive a response by w.c. 10th October 2016.
    Not necessarily as thats what I assumed as well and received my provisional offer on the 16th of August and I'm still waiting for my DBS checks and employment checks to go through..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doll Parts)
    Bingo! Yes the e-learning is just on the computer. There are a few tutorials, some job shadowing and some desk work, but at the moment it's probably 70% e-learning (for example I have done 24hrs+ e-learning this wk)
    Holy **** I'm going to be bored as **** for those 24 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smaack)
    Holy **** I'm going to be bored as **** for those 24 weeks.
    Why so haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamz115)
    Why so haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because e-learning and shadowing is goingto bore me senseless. I dont like sitting around doing nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Because e-learning and shadowing is goingto bore me senseless. I dont like sitting around doing nothing.
    Yea but the idea is the longer the shadowing goes on ... The more you will get involved etc then eventually you'll be able to do the whole thing yourself so it won't be like you'll be nothing the whole time .... Or il guessing that's how it works . I don't like doing nothing either but more importantly I like to know WHAT I'm doing to do it right

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Check ur emails folks for any Manpower correspondence!

ReputationRep:
    Couple of things:
    1. You'll be paid a fantastic wage whilst completing your training which ample time is provided for.
    2. Have to learn to walk before you run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraineeAcc)
    Couple of things:
    1. You'll be paid a fantastic wage whilst completing your training which ample time is provided for.
    My point exactly. My guess is that although you have a mentor who you shadow... The more trained you get etc... The more you contribute so for example at first you would be watching them do most things but gradually you will contribute more and more to the various tasks... I might be wrong on they but that's my reading of it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    well just got an email from Manpower asking me to accept the provisional offer so they can start the pre employment checks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamz115)
    My point exactly. My guess is that although you have a mentor who you shadow... The more trained you get etc... The more you contribute so for example at first you would be watching them do most things but gradually you will contribute more and more to the various tasks... I might be wrong on they but that's my reading of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No need to guess, I'll tell you lol.

These jobs start off with mandatory e-learning that take so around 3-4 weeks (data protection, law, how HMRC is structured etc) induction type basic info stuff.

Then the next 20 weeks or so is set out in modules that have to be learned. A lot of these are going to be job specific (e.g VAT or Corp Tax) with a few broad department modules (penalties / interacting with customers etc).

During this time you'll help out colleagues with pieces of work, meetings, whatever you think you're up for. During that training period of 20 weeks or so you'll start to be given cases that are specifically trainee cases (less complex or little money or fundamental issues). You do your own cases with your mentors help when and where needed.

Most e learning modules can be printed off and read at home or a quieter part of the building.

Hope this is plenty of info.

Ps. Don't ask "what's the ratio maths to written learning", they are varied and open to change.

ReputationRep:
    Couple of things:
    I don't disagree with that, I just know I'm going to get very frustrated very quickly. I did 6 weeks classroom training for CSA and that was bad enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    No need to guess, I'll tell you lol.

These jobs start off with mandatory e-learning that take so around 3-4 weeks (data protection, law, how HMRC is structured etc) induction type basic info stuff.

Then the next 20 weeks or so is set out in modules that have to be learned. A lot of these are going to be job specific (e.g VAT or Corp Tax) with a few broad department modules (penalties / interacting with customers etc).

During this time you'll help out colleagues with pieces of work, meetings, whatever you think you're up for. During that training period of 20 weeks or so you'll start to be given cases that are specifically trainee cases (less complex or little money or fundamental issues). You do your own cases with your mentors help when and where needed.

Most e learning modules can be printed off and read at home or a quieter part of the building.

Hope this is plenty of info.

Ps. Don't ask "what's the ratio maths to written learning", they are varied and open to change.
    That seems pretty clear and exciting too. Plenty of time to prove yourself which is what's most important from my point of view!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't disagree with that, I just know I'm going to get very frustrated very quickly. I did 6 weeks classroom training for CSA and that was bad enough for me.
    Everyone is different and I suppose you being a civil servant already you have a better understanding. It will be new to me so the more learning the better then you can do the best job you can.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You'll only have classroom based training maybe once every two weeks for a day or so.

Think positive. If you start your training convinced you'll get frustrated then you're just asking for a **** time lol

ReputationRep:
    You'll only have classroom based training maybe once every two weeks for a day or so.

Think positive. If you start your training convinced you'll get frustrated then you're just asking for a **** time lol
    I was in Belfast today just happened to take a walk past the building. It looks very small from the outside. You wouldn't think there's such a big operation going on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.