Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliserandall)
    0.67% was right
    what about 6.7?

ReputationRep:
    It cannot be lichen as it said "animal" indicator i.e bloodworm for water pollution (sensitive to low concentrations of oxygen)

ReputationRep:
    It was on the first page. I thought I missed a page too. You probably didn't read the question fully like me

ReputationRep:
    What about the question on the horse ?

ReputationRep:
    Lol so many people asking about Malaria, Rats and the Last animal question about detection in the environment.

Malaria was 0.6 recurring. Or to be precise... 0.6666666666667 now that rounds to either 0.67 or you can leave this as 0.67 recurring (shown with a dot on the top of the 6).

Rats I have no idea what anyones talking about there. I can't remember this but the drinking girls/boys question was so simple it's not really needed for discussion.

Animal question (31?) Asked for an animal which can detect conditions in the environment and then what we can use instead of this. ( 2 part uestion).

I put zebrafish and co2 alarms. This is probably 99% wrong. Researched the zebrafish and I can't find any indication of detecting co2 other than in a past exam paper. This is surely be brought up on examiners reports.

The horse feet should just explain briefly about surface area, speed, resistance and gives a better defense (in regards to prey) Mutations occurred, bones became stronger and more enforced allowing the horses to run faster (again)... same process.

Scatter graph should've contained something like to see a difference between to variables and there correlation. Uses qualitative data/continuous data that cannot be interpreted from bar graphs (as I believe it did ask in connection to why not use "bar graph" or something).

For the detection equipment question - (THIS IS NOT THE LAST QUESTION IN THE PAPER - This was ABOUT HALF WAY THROUGH)
    Using a something detector means we get better resolution. (Resolution gives us a better degree of accuracy for measurements) <- this was not what I wrote I only wrote "We get better resolution".

The odd ones were the food chain - We needed to put that fish need to eat producers ie - plants before the mosquito larvae. I bluntly put they would eat eggs first. Stupid answer couldn't think.

The mean synapse time will be 1.6 This is because you're taking the 2 sums of means and dividing them by 2.Cant remember what the first part of the question was, but basically if you looked at the table, the only way the answer above us was correct was by adding the two values together and dividing by 2. It was something like (12+4) / 2 = 8 or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCArth)
    It was 0.6% recurring.

I remember the question.

It was 3*10^8 people get malaria and 2*10^6 died from it.

To work out a percentage you take the lower number and divide it by the higher number and then * by 100.

There you get

(2/3 * 10^6/10^8) * 100

2/3 * 10^6/10^8 is 2/3 * 10^-2.

This is 0.006 recurring.

However then you times by 100 since it is a percentage.

This leaves you with 0.6% recurring of people dying.
    Sorry, but we don't use recurring in science. It needed to be rounded to 0.67. You should get most of thes for 0.6 assuming you showed your working.

ReputationRep:
    For the malaria one I got 75% I don't even know how 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Primrose_Kitten)
    Sorry, but we don't use recurring in science. It needed to be rounded to 0.67. You should get most of thes for 0.6 assuming you showed your working.
    Are you the person who made vids on youtube about exam questions about chemistry or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Are you the person who made vids on youtube about exam questions about chemistry or something?
    That's me!

ReputationRep:
    Question 31, I wrote bees 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    That's me!
    You're videos are really helpful thanks for making them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's me!
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    I thought I recognised the name! I seen your videos, their really helpful! Thank Youuuu,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    I thought I recognised the name! I seen your videos, their really helpful! Thank Youuuu,
    If there is anything I can help you with just ask!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hello could someone please do markscheme for foundation pleaseee😩

ReputationRep:
    If there is anything I can help you with just ask!!!
    Of Course!

ReputationRep:
    What about the house question

ReputationRep:
    hello I was jus asking about the horse question Primrose_Kitten

ReputationRep:
    Who did foundation for this exam?

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer to the one which said 'this sentence is wrong' or something. It was to do with mosquito larva.

ReputationRep:
    Did the sense organ one ask specifically for one associated with the spine?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.