The Manchester United Thread XX

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Yeah, and?
    Noncey noncey.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think anyone likes or rates Rooney anymore. Except for the 'die-hard' fans who can't see past their tinted glasses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Don't think anyone likes or rates Rooney anymore. Except for the 'die-hard' fans who can't see past their tinted glasses.
    Don't speak of me in that manner

Rooney should be starting 80% of games next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rooney was good enough to play most games last year, by the looks of the squad this year he won't be.

ReputationRep:
    Na Rooney was past it already and Mata should have played instead of Rooney at 10 while using Martial up top(until Rashford came in the side).

Matter of fact is that Rooney isn't good enough up top on his own and not as good at AM as Mata.

ReputationRep:
    If Rooney were to leave or get dropped, who would y'all ****** back as captain?

I think the contenders would be De Gea or Smalling from which I'd choose Dave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kutta)
    If Rooney were to leave or get dropped, who would y'all ****** back as captain?

I think the contenders would be De Gea or Smalling from which I'd choose Dave.
    Rooney because he ain't leaving or getting dropped

ReputationRep:
    Rooney isn't leaving.

However, if he underperforms, I believe Jose will drop him.

LVG was an idiot for saying the captain gets privilege when it comes to starting games.

I think Zlatan should be captain personally, doesn't need to be someone who has been there a long time, just someone who commands respect and leads by example. A captain isn't just someone who just shouts and claps their hands when something goes wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Jose will keep Rooney as captain unless Rooney goes to China but I don't see that happening.

ReputationRep:
    So Sky reckon that Real have backed out of the battle to sign Pogba.

Not often we manage to trump Real on a transfer. Normally it's them ****ing us over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    Don't speak of me in that manner

Rooney should be starting 80% of games next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Rooney was good enough to play most games last year, by the looks of the squad this year he won't be.
    If he is poor he should be playing. Give other teams a chance and help all the glory seekers/tourists come to terms with disappointment.

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho generally likes his sides to be strong on the counter - Rooney behind Ibra doesn't look particularly promising from that point of view. Rooney will really need to move the ball more quickly or Martial and Mkhitayran could go to waste.

Big presence up top with Martial, Mkhitayran and Herrera/new CM breaking forward would offer so much potential for FA Cup semi final style winners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Morsey_)
    So Sky reckon that Real have backed out of the battle to sign Pogba.

Not often we manage to trump Real on a transfer. Normally it's them ****ing us over.
    Lol Real are fkn pussy's, can't keep up with our baller life$tyle

I think it's clear who the biggest club in the world is.

ReputationRep:
    We should employ Park Ji Sung to broker a deal for Rooney to go to China. Get dat 60m, give Park his 10m cut and perhaps a statue next to SAF, profit 50m. Business.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Rooney is too stupid to realise Park is actually not Chinese

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    Lol Real are fkn pussy's, can't keep up with our baller life$tyle

I think it's clear who the biggest club in the world is.
    Maybe the one that won 2 champions league in the last 3 years hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Rooney because he ain't leaving or getting dropped
    He isn't leaving I agree, he isn't getting dropped I disagree

He's not a good enough number 10 in my view as he doesn't have the prowess to unlock a defence...

Remember Jose dropped Iker Casilas and nobody in our team is a bigger legend than he was at Madrid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Maybe the one that won 2 champions league in the last 3 years hehe
    We won the FA cup though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    I think Zlatan should be captain personally, doesn't need to be someone who has been there a long time, just someone who commands respect and leads by example. A captain isn't just someone who just shouts and claps their hands when something goes wrong.
    No you need to have some credibility, Zlatan has no history with the team on a professional or personal level. Is he going to know how to speak to smooth of over dressing room disputes, or when someone has not got their head in the right place. What happens if no one in the team actually likes him? Would put him way down the list as an option.

I don't think its worth speculating on Rooney. You are not going to know Jose's true motives at this stage. He's going to bed himself in before enacting a power play with someone like Rooney anyway. The problem with dropping Rooney is no one has a solid case to displace him. We'll have to wait and see either for how we play or signings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    Mourinho generally likes his sides to be strong on the counter - Rooney behind Ibra doesn't look particularly promising from that point of view. Rooney will really need to move the ball more quickly or Martial and Mkhitayran could go to waste.

Big presence up top with Martial, Mkhitayran and Herrera/new CM breaking forward would offer so much potential for FA Cup semi final style winners.
    That's true but then Mourinho used Fabregas in front of Mikel and Matic on a regular basis. He likes his teams to be defensively solid first and foremost. Also just watching Chelsea under Mourinho from the 14/15 season on wards they have been terrible on the counter attack due to their deep starting position. They scored one goal from the counter attack in the 14/15 season when Chelsea won the league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kutta)
    He isn't leaving I agree, he isn't getting dropped I disagree

He's not a good enough number 10 in my view as he doesn't have the prowess to unlock a defence...

Remember Jose dropped Iker Casilas and nobody in our team is a bigger legend than he was at Madrid
    He dropped Casillas because he believed he was leaking news to the media, not because he was playing poorly, hence why he was dropped for Antonio Adan of all people initially, then when Diego Lopez came in and actually was a competent goalkeeper he displaced Casillas. He would have used Casillas at least once or twice in the league if he was actually interested in playing in form players(unlike what he did with Courtois and Cech last season, when Courtois had a bad game or two Cech was in the sticks).

Saying that he was right to drop Casillas, but if he was motivated in actually reviving his form he would have done so(like he attempted with Ivanovic the season just gone by). He clearly had other motives when he did drop Casillas.

(Original post by Fizzel)
    No you need to have some credibility, Zlatan has no history with the team on a professional or personal level. Is he going to know how to speak to smooth of over dressing room disputes, or when someone has not got their head in the right place. What happens if no one in the team actually likes him? Would put him way down the list as an option.I don't think its worth speculating on Rooney. You are not going to know Jose's true motives at this stage. He's going to bed himself in before enacting a power play with someone like Rooney anyway. The problem with dropping Rooney is no one has a solid case to displace him. We'll have to wait and see either for how we play or signings.
    I think there is more than a solid case to displace him in a theoretical sense but since Mourinho doesn't fancy Mata and prefers more industrious no.10s Rooney will play there. He could use Mkhitaryan there but he's been great playing off the right for Dortmund and that then relies on Depay delivering from the right side and improving his defensive work rate.I know what I'd do. Pogba/all purpose midfielder comes in, Schweinsteiger/Carrick plays alongside Schneiderlin and Pogba/multipurpose midfielder plays behind Ibra. Mkhitaryan, Martial, Depay, Valencia, Rashford rotate for the winger positions. Mata rotates with Pogba.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.