Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilyKitty)
    I don't think so because the angle has to be between the two sides (7 &8) for the formula of triangle area to work and x was another angle so you had to do cosine to find another side and then sine rule too before you could get x. Not sure though. xx
    you had to use the area of a triangle with the sine rule and work out what sine was then invert sine to find the angle use the cos rule after to find the length of the last side after than u can either use the cos rule or sine rule to find out the size of the angle

ReputationRep:
    £22.46 for Colin question
    Because his parking was £3.5 X 5 = 17.50
    His petrol was £4.96

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jtb135)
    You are finding a 1d.p. answer not a 2d.p. answer and rounding it. Rounding brings faults, and when 1d.p. is concerned, 3.7 is closer than 3.8 by 0.025
    the answer is 3.7504.
    to round that to 1 dp you get 3.8
    you are stupid.
    when cubed numbers increase the difference between them increases.

1 cubed is 1
    2 cubed is 8
    3 cubed is 27
    4 cubed is 64

there we go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kajsajbas)
    It will no way be that high
    June 2014 was

164 for A*
    133 for A
    95 for B

And in my opinion both of our exams were a lot easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redcoats)
    Minimal 91/100
    Maximum 96/100
    Realistic 93-94/100

Is this good; I'm really unhappy with it.
    The hell you talking about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRT123)
    can someone remind me of question 16 and 17?
    16 was the cumulative frequency graph and 17 was the size of the angle in a triangle.

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahe6jmuT2DM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sapphire79)
    I think I got between 74-79 and on the last paper I got 69-72. So the minimum I got is 143 which makes me so happy because I think I got an A *cries*
    No you won't, maximum is an A , last year an A* was 155, this year paper are much more easier than last year,the grade boundaries will become higher

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=0007007;65605177]£22.46 for Colin question
    Because his parking was £3.5 X 5 = 17.50
    His petrol was £4.95

no you dumbass it was like £42

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EBeddowes)
    That's incredible and don't worry about it, an a* is an a*! Although, I can see the satisfaction in being the best
    Well summed up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james21234321)
    i wrote all 0.45 45% and 9/20 in my working out but chose to put 9/20 as my final answer
    You should get full marks for it

Because all of those answers are the same, and you wrote 3 of them lol that's more than enough

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the marks for each question?

ReputationRep:
    If you remember the marks for each question. Can you put it next to it please.

ReputationRep:
    Fo the triangle question in whih you had to find the angle using puthagorus i think it was question 17 I literally got 30 degrees im nt sure if the exam board was just mugging us off becase it said three significant figures was 30 degrees right and if it was not how many marks will i get used pythagoruses therum twice as well as a sin rule

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone made a mark scheme with question me and marks too yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redcoats)
    That's not too bad! For me, it's the other way around; I'm pretty sure I got a 100% in non-calculator and in today's paper, I'm pretty sure I got around 93 or 94 out of 100. I'm so vexed with that as my teacher wanted me to get the highest in the year (which I'm sure I haven't got)!
    That being said, I forgot to physically write frequency density on the axis but my scaling is correct.

Nevertheless, old mark schemes haven't mentioned labelling the axis - they've only mentioned scaling it (presumably because the y axis can only be frequency density):
    B3 fully correct histogram with vertical axis correctly scaled.(B2 for 4 correct blocks or 5 correct blocks with incorrect or noscale)(B1 for 2 correct blocks of different widths or any 3 correct blocks orcorrect FD values for at least 3 frequencies) eg fd of 0.8, 3, 2.2, 1,0.3

ReputationRep:
    Can someone update the mark scheme to have questions and working out? I cant remember half the stuff i did xD

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    For the last question, I made one mistake early on, when doing the 1/2abSinC, but then did the remainder of the steps correctly,but my answer was far out due to this mistake. How many method marks do you reckon i'll get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie_Loi)
    No you won't, maximum is an A , last year an A* was 155, this year paper are much more easier than last year,the grade boundaries will become higher
    But I'm not aiming for an A* I'm aiming for an A.... Last year an A was 125

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jtb135)
    Well some people are getting rather ratty at this contradiction to 3.8 xD
    The exact answer is 3.7504. which is closer to 3.8.
    we will see who is laughing on results day you morons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScrewTheExams)
    You should get full marks for it

Because all of those answers are the same, and you wrote 3 of them lol that's more than enough
    thats what i thought, thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.