[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    I sent my application off last Wednesday and Manchester still haven't sent me any emails saying that they've acknowledged my application?? All of my others have.
    Same here for Manchester, but I don't think anyone has an acknowledgment email! My friend has already been given an interview there for maths but she applied in September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemonandlime1)
    Thanks! I'm only into Portsmouth with a conditional offer of BBC, I meant the others had sent acknowledgement emails just to say they've had my application (would have loved to already had 3 offers😬)

Good luck with your application! What are you applying for?
    Oh right but still well done! I'm applying for English Language and Literature and I already have my grades BBC, so fingers crossed..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatoHeadshot)
    Applied to St.John's. Still need to add another 4 unis tho

where have you applied?
    I went for PPE at St Anne's in the end, what subject were you looking to study?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RelfTE)
    I went for PPE at St Anne's in the end, what subject were you looking to study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh nice do you know Jamie from youtube who studied PPE at oxford?
    I'm applying for Physics. Where else have you applied too?

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for acknowledgement emails from Leeds and Anglia Ruskin, anyone else in the same boat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhiannajberry)
    Still waiting for acknowledgement emails from Leeds and Anglia Ruskin, anyone else in the same boat?
    Applied to Leeds 10 days ago and didn't get anything they probably don't do acknowledgment emails

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemoon_)
    Applied to Leeds 10 days ago and didn't get anything they probably don't do acknowledgment emails
    Thanks! Didn't know if it was because I applied for Nursing or if they just aren't sending them! At least I can try to breathe a little bit aha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhiannajberry)
    Thanks! Didn't know if it was because I applied for Nursing or if they just aren't sending them! At least I can try to breathe a little bit aha!
    Ahah yeah hope you get something soon when did send off your application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h8skoooooool)
    Same here for Manchester, but I don't think anyone has an acknowledgment email! My friend has already been given an interview there for maths but she applied in September
    I got invited to the interview day but no acknowledgment email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemoon_)
    Ahah yeah hope you get something soon when did send off your application?
    Only on 11/10/2016 :giggle: guess I'm just trying to establish how long I'll be waiting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatoHeadshot)
    Oh nice do you know Jamie from youtube who studied PPE at oxford?
    I'm applying for Physics. Where else have you applied too?
    I haven't heard of him, I will have a look... And I've applied for York, Sheffield, Cardiff and UEA as well. I don't know if I could handle physics 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from York for Politics (AAB) within just over a day of sending my UCAS off. Not bad.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long Birmingham, King's London and Queen Mary London take to give offers? I've applied for Manchester as well but I know they take awhile and I have to do a test for Oxford before offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexBakSik)
    What subjects have Edinburgh given offers to so far? How long did they take? (I'm assuming that were for less competitive courses right?)
    I got an offer for computing and maths and my friend got an offer for maths which are both fairly competitive he got his about a week ago. I got mine on Friday if that helps at all. What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzzAxC100)
    I got an offer for computing and maths and my friend got an offer for maths which are both fairly competitive he got his about a week ago. I got mine on Friday if that helps at all. What are you applying for?
    Chinese Studies (UK Student)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leona-L)
    I got invited to the interview day but no acknowledgment email
    Ah okay good to know! I'll be looking out for an invitation to interview then (hopefully)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzzAxC100)
    Where are you from? I've applied for Computer Science (single honours).
    I am still waiting for their reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexBakSik)
    Chinese Studies (UK Student)
    Yeah I think it just varies from department to department, they may be waiting for more applications to get a better view of who's applying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someboady)
    Congrats.. which course did you apply for?
    Thanks
    History, and Ancient and Modern History at Oxford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RelfTE)
    Wagwarn my Gs, i sent off my applications on Friday applying for:

Oxford - PPE (St Anne's) AAA
    York - PPE A*AA
    Sheffield - Philosophy & Economics AAB ( ABB + B with EPQ)
    Cardiff - Philosophy & Economics AAB
    UEA - PPE ABB

My predicted grades are AAAB, so the York and Oxford are a bit speculative but you dont get if you dont try! Has anyone got an offer from any of these Unis yet?

Good Luck all
    hey fellow PPE pursuer! I wish I'm as bold to try oxford, but I like your choices. I haven't applied yet but I'm also going for York and UEA! Have you heard anything from these unis? Good luck and I'll try to keep tab on you haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.