• View Poll Results: Choose one.
    Coca Cola (Sweet & Sticky)
    30.11%
    Pepsi (Cool & Crisp)
    36.56%
    Sex.
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    Do you think the hole in the middle has a glass top or can someone fall in...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Do you think the hole in the middle has a glass top or can someone fall in...?
    Sorry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Not that Celtic 'deserved to win', that they were so pathetic in the second half and are now effectively out of Europe. :facepalm:

Rangers fan?
    They lost?

:sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Sorry?
    Look at the table. In front there is a hole.
    See it? Its quite large and is lit up.
    Has the word LONDON around it too.

ReputationRep:
    Are you high? Or is it something on TV?

:lolwut:

Oh wait, I see it now :awesome: I'd prolly put my foot on it just to test it out lol.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I wondered if that was what you meant, but wasn't sure, sorry. You could fall in if you wanted - there's a curved table, with a raised 'Q' in front. The hole in the middle is there - although obviously it's only a foot or so deep, to the ground.

I was on Question Time a couple years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Ah, I wondered if that was what you meant, but wasn't sure, sorry. You could fall in if you wanted - there's a curved table, with a raised 'Q' in front. The hole in the middle is there - although obviously it's only a foot or so deep, to the ground.

I was on Question Time a couple years ago.
    Could use it as a dungen... :p:
    You were?! I'd love to be there tonight...

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2: @ Griffin.

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone think of it?

I thought it went quite well, Griffin didn't really have much of a response to any of the more probing questions, just a sort of smug smile, and I found it frankly laughable, as did the audience, when he said that "race doesn't matter," when the BNP are quite evidently a single policy party based on race.

Also, Griffin attacking Straw's father was frankly pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    That was quite enjoyable. Lots of unsurprising content, but a few gems.

You were?! I'd love to be there tonight...
    It's pretty easy to get on - they advertise in advance where they're going to be, you apply via the website and then have a brief phone interview where they ask you for some administrative details and some current affairs stuff (I can't remember any details, but it's worth thinking of a few questions you might ask, for example).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    They lost?

:sad:
    Unfortunately. :facepalm:

And now the manager is saying to the players 'improve or yer oot'.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    well that was entertaining.

"I can't tell you why I changed my mind" :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    "[Waffle about European law]"
    Jack Straw: "Well, as Justice Secretary..."

:rofl:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    the playwright woman was the best though. :rofl: :five:

ReputationRep:
    well that was entertaining.

And then he tried to make up some ***** about being unable to say why due to European Law. He really struggled to hide his contradictory ideas, nor could he deny his extremist quotes(though he tried anyway).

ReputationRep:
    omg lol @ "ultra leftist"... what a n00b, even i wouldnt say that

ReputationRep:
    "Many of the British public would gladly have a whip round to buy you a ticket out of the country to the south pole! It's a very colourless landscape I'm sure you will like it very well."

ReputationRep:
    The brilliant thing was that anyone with half a brain will realize that Griffin's arguments were almost entirely such common fallacies that they have names. The less brilliant thing is that the majority of people voting for Griffin don't have half a brain. Or rather, aren't educated, and so his invidious vitriol can grasp hold with the downtrodden, and those who feel disillusioned and neglected by the rest of the political parties.

Full text of the Rivers of Blood speech is thoroughly worth reading, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Kirsten that the American women was the best. I wasn't to keen on the conservative panelist though, wasn't convinced on her answer to the question about homosexuality.

(Original post by rosie9391)
    "Many of the British public would gladly have a whip round to buy you a ticket out of the country to the south pole! It's a very colourless landscape I'm sure you will like it very well."
    That was classic.

The one thing I will say was that everyone was a bit too centred on attacking Griffin himself, and not on illustrating how ludicrous the parties policies are, and would be for Britain.

Anyway I should probably stop ranting, since someone who knows more about politics will undoubtebly pick me up on someething.:o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    The one thing I will say was that everyone was a bit too centred on attacking Griffin himself, and not on illustrating how ludicrous the parties policies are, and would be for Britain.
    Yes, and it became as puerile as Griffin himself at times. I wanted to slap the guy who called him '****' :rolleyes: I mean, really. Are you actually twelve years old?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.