Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smelly Ellie)
    He is!! And thanks

Not too sure what it means, am I supposed to be doing anything now? And can I ask for a particular room or just type of room (Fell in love with where I was on the open day :love:)
    I'm not sure, I haven't seen what you guys have been sent out. I think it'll work that you'll get details to be able to log into the rooms database at a certain time on a certain day, to pick what room you want. With the system they've got at the moment, all the freshers will be put in a random order and that'll determine when they get to log on. So obviously if you're randomly assigned first, you can have whatever room you like, but if you're last, you're a bit screwed...

Where were you on the open day, out of curiosity?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard from Jesus College since the offer letter. I'm applying for then 2012 entry, can anyone tell me that my situation is normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Luo)
    I haven't heard from Jesus College since the offer letter. I'm applying for then 2012 entry, can anyone tell me that my situation is normal?
    You won't hear from them until next year now probably They can't sort out all your admin stuff until the rest of the people in your intake have been decided, so they're likely to be pretty quiet between now and next March at the earliest, and possibly even August.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    You won't hear from them until next year now probably They can't sort out all your admin stuff until the rest of the people in your intake have been decided, so they're likely to be pretty quiet between now and next March at the earliest, and possibly even August.
    Y'know, I often forget that you're a mod because you're so helpful, lovely and totally not power crazy (unlike some other mods).

:top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Y'know, I often forget that you're a mod because you're so helpful, lovely and totally not power crazy (unlike some other mods).

:top:
    I try my best! And I've only been a mod for a few weeks so it's not surprising that you would forget None of the mods are power crazy though, or they wouldn't be able to retain their positions. All moderation decisions are made in accordance with the site rules and policy, and are always to ensure that TSR stays user-friendly and runs efficiently - if any mod went off on a rampage of power one of the others would notice and they wouldn't be able to continue in the role. I suppose it's just that you can't please everyone, it's a bit of a balancing act. We are all volunteers and we all do our best to make TSR a good place to be :tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the great advice everyone Waiting till I get the grades then asking before I start seems like the best idea...only thing is, as I'm pretty sure I want to change, it'd be a bit of a waste getting all the immunisations (I need about 10 ) before then, just in case I can't.
    Do you reckon they'd make me reinterview if I asked earlier?
    Also, I'm on for an A* in physics but have some dodgy UMS in maths, cos I did it in year 11. I have an A overall but got a C in C4 (A's in other modules), so thinking they might not like this ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegrasstree)
    Also, I'm on for an A* in physics but have some dodgy UMS in maths, cos I did it in year 11. I have an A overall but got a C in C4 (A's in other modules), so thinking they might not like this ?
    Are you doing further maths?
    You may want to consider retaking C4 as well then? If you're doing Further maths, then C4 is a doddle by the time you've gotten to FP3 :P

ReputationRep:
    no, I don't do further maths I had to teach myself for normal maths A level and haven't done it in a couple of years now, so it might be a bit of a push to do C4 again, with my other exams too. The plan was (if I could swap) to take the textbooks to look over in the summer. Hmmmm, i don't know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    Umm, it's a very long term wait! Sometimes I just feel like they've forgot abt me.
    Apart from the accommadation info, is there anything else they would contact you?

ReputationRep:
    Umm, it's a very long term wait! Sometimes I just feel like they've forgot abt me.
    Apart from the accommadation info, is there anything else they would contact you?
    I know it is, it's just that they don't have anything to actually contact you about in between! Accommodation is the main thing. Sometimes they'll send you a reading list and financial information. It really depends on your college and subject I had barely anything at all between getting my offer and starting, and I wasn't deferred. There's not that much they need to know from you, and they won't bother sending out mass letters just for fun!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Also deferred entrant here Which course and college?
    I am for Engineering in Fitzwilliam. I sent them my fee status and they emailed me 'Thank you' , and then they email about a maths course for my gap year but nothing else. What are your plans for the gap year?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I'm holding an offer for Fitzwilliam starting in October this year, and need to get three As in my Advanced Highers if I want to meet the conditions. This may sound like a slightly odd question, but is anyone else struggling to muster the necessary motivation for intense studying? I've wanted to go to Cambridge for years and I was so grateful to receive an offer, but contrary to what I anticipated, I'm still not doing as much study as I should. I know it's just a case of notching the momentum up and getting into a good routine, but even as I type this, I'm procrastinating. Ha.

James
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesMcAulay)
    Hey everyone,

I'm holding an offer for Fitzwilliam starting in October this year, and need to get three As in my Advanced Highers if I want to meet the conditions. This may sound like a slightly odd question, but is anyone else struggling to muster the necessary motivation for intense studying? I've wanted to go to Cambridge for years and I was so grateful to receive an offer, but contrary to what I anticipated, I'm still not doing as much study as I should. I know it's just a case of notching the momentum up and getting into a good routine, but even as I type this, I'm procrastinating. Ha.

James
    I know what you mean, if anything try to visit Cambs again and then it will remind you vividly why you are doing all this work Well Done and Good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

James
    Hi James, haha we're in a similar position.

I had wanted to go to Cambridge for quite a while and when I recieved an offer, my dream came true! Except that I started procrastinating IMMENSELY. I barely do any work at school because I'm so distracted

So don't worry, I don't think you're the only one
    When you do lose motivation though, just think of the prospect of not getting the neccesary grades to meet your offer - THAT should get you motivated. (Well, it at least helps me get my act together at times )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    I know what you mean, if anything try to visit Cambs again and then it will remind you vividly why you are doing all this work Well Done and Good luck!!!
    Haha! I'd love to do that, if it wasn't for the small 500km between Glasgow and Cambridge!

(Original post by kpatb)
    Hi James, haha we're in a similar position.

I had wanted to go to Cambridge for quite a while and when I recieved an offer, my dream came true! Except that I started procrastinating IMMENSELY. I barely do any work at school because I'm so distracted

So don't worry, I don't think you're the only one
    When you do lose motivation though, just think of the prospect of not getting the neccesary grades to meet your offer - THAT should get you motivated. (Well, it at least helps me get my act together at times )
    Yeah, I think about that a lot. I have an unconditional to Edinburgh, just in case things go pear shaped, but I don't think I'd ever really forgive myself if I let such an opportunity pass me by. Going to Cambridge would literally change my life, and I'm so determined to go, I'm just finding it hard to work up the necessary work ethic. I still have 6 and a half weeks till my first exam, and I've been averaging about 3 hours of studying a day, I should be up to about 5/6 per day within the next week. (Well, that's the plan...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegrasstree)
    Thanks for the great advice everyone Waiting till I get the grades then asking before I start seems like the best idea...only thing is, as I'm pretty sure I want to change, it'd be a bit of a waste getting all the immunisations (I need about 10 ) before then, just in case I can't.
    Do you reckon they'd make me reinterview if I asked earlier?
    You might be asked to do a maths test as I think that is what phys nat scis do before their interview. It would probably me better to ask after your results. One guy my sister knows changed from medicine to economics between August and October!

ReputationRep:
    I just firmed Cambridge
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

James
    Haha, I feel exactly the same!

I'm being so ridiculously lazy and doing pretty much no work.

Ah well, still another 2 months until my exams. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Haha, I feel exactly the same!

I'm being so ridiculously lazy and doing pretty much no work.

Ah well, still another 2 months until my exams. :p:
    I think the fact that we have so long until exams is making it harder to get motivated! And that I only have 3 - but I really should start revising at some point
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indifferencepersonified)
    I think the fact that we have so long until exams is making it harder to get motivated! And that I only have 3 - but I really should start revising at some point
    :zomg:

Lucky for some. :pierre:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.