Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPSMain)
    Just thought I'd post cynthialf's awesome-job list of Facebook groups for 2011 Freshers, in case anyone's missed it. All credit to cynthialf.

(Original post by cynthialf)
    Ooh my list! And if anyone has something to add (a college/subject group) please PM or post it
    Just created: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...86168678099118

ReputationRep:
    Ooh my list! And if anyone has something to add (a college/subject group) please PM or post it
    Pembroke's group needs to be added!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...709269982&ap=1

ReputationRep:
    Updated the list.

It's perhaps a bit hidden on page x, might be worth a sticky/new thread maybe?

All kudos to cynthialf!
    I would prefer it not to be a separate thread and it's not really sticky material, but I'm happy to edit it into the first post of this thread for you

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree, I'm happy to let a mod decide. Cynthialf's list is just really useful, and might get lost on page 77.
    I agree, so I'll edit it into the first post I'm subscribed to this thread so if further links come up I'll put them in.

Edit: Done. Perhaps best to just quote me if you want anything adding, or ask BeritV to edit the post. I'm moving home from Russia in a couple of days so I don't want to miss anything in the chaos!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeritV)
    I miss our closed thread already and so I had to make this thread.

Discuss anything at all, just like we did in our previous thread.

All of you, join here and may this thread be the new favourite tread for all the Oxford lovers :-)

Since it seems that people do want a list, I will produce one (sorted by colleges primarily, then by subjects)
    - if there are any mistakes here, let me know, please. Also, if you want to be included in the list and you do not have your college and subject info in your signature, include this info in your post here :-)

Oxford Offer Holders list:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Open Offers:
    Engineering:
    cadence

Geography:
    Lucius

Brasenose:

Engineering:
    cysxmy

Law:
    mishieru07

Christ Church:

Biochemistry:
    brendan.

English:
    junglejungle
    TylerA

Geography:
    04ghicks

Law:
    anoif_

Corpus Christi:

PPE:
    Yaw-Bruni

Exeter:

French and German:
    cob007

Mathematics:
    J_Stev

Mathematics with Computer Science:
    LtCommanderData

PPE:
    Bax-man

Hertford:

English:
    shinobi93

History:
    Lumi Nous

Mathematics:
    RupertTheBear

Physics:
    soutioirism

Keble:

Computer Science:
    lalaberlin

History:
    flywithemma

Magdalen:

Experimental Psychology:
    jmay93

Law with French Law:
    Beckiii_x

Medicine:
    SephyStar

Physics:
    Omio

Mansfield:

History:
    shoshin

History and Politics:
    TAPSmith

Physics:
    franziska69
    freezombie

Merton:

Classics:
    Sempiternitas

Maths and Computer Science:
    nkvuong

PPE:
    Assassnum

New:

Law:
    Miss Cellaneous

Mathematics:
    Noble.

Oriel:

Philosophy and French:
    kxarvud

Pembroke:

Economics and Management:
    mimista

History and English:
    JAR12

Queen's:

French and Linguistics:
    Nag o ma Scylla

Law:
    tommy1311

Medicine:
    Buran

St Anne's:

Chemistry:
    guitarmike456

Music:
    ChopinNocturne

St Catherine's:

Computer Science:
    Can'tStandStill

Fine Art:
    -mai-

Geography:
    AAfc

Human Sciences:
    SpeedyDesiato

St Edmund's:

px_nov

St Hilda's:

rev_pain

History:
    shlin28

Law:
    Jessica.H

Maths:
    moritzplatz

Medicine:
    sophie.vaggers
    Zyphlon

PPE:
    BeritV

St Hugh's:

Anthropology:
    FamousFourTops

Human Sciences:
    Robin123

PPE:
    SuperPatchKid

St John's:

Classics:
    T-Finchy

English:
    Quintessence42

History:
    Hoose
    marieparis22

St Peter's:

n25

Law:
    alexandra.c

Trinity:

Biochemistry:
    Rosa100

University:

Chemistry:
    Salliana23

Chinese:
    SPSMain

History:
    cynthialf

Wadham:

Medicine:
    Y.D

PPE:
    MajorMajor
    SamF1992

Worcester:

Biological Sciences:
    miss_kat

Chemistry:
    hoodlie

French and Arabic:
    piya21

Law:
    abiiiii

Maths and Computer Science:
    gasmask

PPE:
    TheAngoose

List of offer holder Facebook groups (courtesy of Cynthialf):
    Could I have my name put down for St. John's please? I've got an offer for French & Linguistics.

And is there any chance of a St. John's group coming along soon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeritV)
    I miss our closed thread already and so I had to make this thread.

Discuss anything at all, just like we did in our previous thread.

All of you, join here and may this thread be the new favourite tread for all the Oxford lovers :-)

Since it seems that people do want a list, I will produce one (sorted by colleges primarily, then by subjects)
    - if there are any mistakes here, let me know, please. Also, if you want to be included in the list and you do not have your college and subject info in your signature, include this info in your post here :-)
    I have an offer for Maths & Philosophy at Merton. I was doing one of those lists for the Liverpool people; they get to be such a pain after a while. :p:

(Original post by meganeira)
    And is there any chance of a St. John's group coming along soon?
    There is if you make one. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    There is if you make one. :yep:
    Well... this is awkward. How do I make one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meganeira)
    Well... this is awkward. How do I make one?
    Go to your 'Groups' view (either from the left sidebar, or by typing 'Groups' into the search box), then click on the button to create a new group (I have Facebook in German at the moment, so I don't know the precise wording). Find a picture, write a description, add anyone you know already and mention it to TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Go to your 'Groups' view (either from the left sidebar, or by typing 'Groups' into the search box), then click on the button to create a new group (I have Facebook in German at the moment, so I don't know the precise wording). Find a picture, write a description, add anyone you know already and mention it to TSR.
    Just managed to do it!

St. John's Incoming Class 2011
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...77774962278015

ReputationRep:
    Thinking of applying. in the interests of research, what are the lowest gcse grades anyone has got with an offer : a) from a state school, b) from independent?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murdeb)
    Thinking of applying. in the interests of research, what are the lowest gcse grades anyone has got with an offer : a) from a state school, b) from independent?
    If you're worried about your GCSEs, try browsing this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=573746 - there are plenty of examples of the range of GCSE results held by successful applicants in there

ReputationRep:
    This is for Worcester (not made by me!)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=178518488692

ReputationRep:
    Just a heads up!
    Anybody with an offer to study Biomedical Sciences or Biochemistry are being sent a 'Pre-course Maths Booklet'.
    By sent, I really mean.. sent an email with a URL and instructions to download the booklet.
    I'm guessing most will be getting the email in the coming days, unless you've already received it!
    P.S. I'm having a bit of trouble actually viewing the booklet though.. Does anybody else have the same problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendan.)
    Just a heads up!
    Anybody with an offer to study Biomedical Sciences or Biochemistry are being sent a 'Pre-course Maths Booklet'.
    By sent, I really mean.. sent an email with a URL and instructions to download the booklet.
    I'm guessing most will be getting the email in the coming days, unless you've already received it!
    P.S. I'm having a bit of trouble actually viewing the booklet though.. Does anybody else have the same problem?
    Here is a copy of the math course booklet for biochem and biomed. I doubt it has changed much, and these are subjects you are expected to know upon your arrival to Oxford.

Cheers!
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdfPre-course_Maths_Booklet.pdf (139.2 KB, 264 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mapontikos)
    Here is a copy of the math course booklet for biochem and biomed. I doubt it has changed much, and these are subjects you are expected to know upon your arrival to Oxford.

Cheers!
    Thank you!
    Much appreciated. :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendan.)
    Just a heads up!
    Yeah, the link in the pdf doesn't go to the url shown and if you type the url into the address bar it only seems to work if you change the http to https, and even then when I log in the download link just takes me back to the login page.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

I'm hoping to go to Lincoln to study English this October. I am incredibly excited. Bit of a radio silence from Lincoln though, I've not had any information sent to me since my offer letter. Does anyone else think that now we are doing exams and can count down our papers that it is becoming more and more real that we actually have offers?! I think it's incredible. I've got four more papers to sit, then all I can do is hope.

I'd better get back to revision now. I'm so easily distracted. But I seriously do not want to mess this up. If I miss this chance...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D.Wells)
    Yeah, the link in the pdf doesn't go to the url shown and if you type the url into the address bar it only seems to work if you change the http to https, and even then when I log in the download link just takes me back to the login page.
    Ah, I have it now! I emailed the contact they gave in the pdf and they suggested using this link instead..
    https://learntech.imsu.ox.ac.uk/mathsworkbook/
    This one worked for me, but as far as I can see the booklet is exactly the same as the one posted by mapontikos anyway.
    Thanks for the help though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    BTW, hooray for the Oxford Opportunity Bursary
    Hear, hear! It's worked out as the cheapest university I could attend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    BTW, hooray for the Oxford Opportunity Bursary
    I have also been very pleasantly surprised Potential mature applicants in particular should be better acquainted with it, I'm sure that more would apply.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.