Tom (125)
43.55%
Safiyyah<3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by QuirkyDoDo)
Hehe, you and me both. Haha, yes! And ohhh that Irish charm...I am infatuated with him haha!
Same here, i paused the tv for a good five minutes just staring at his face
TheSownRose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by brushless-man)
Am i the only one who does not like tom, he seems to be an ultimate suck up, in the board room all he ****ing does is nod his head when alan sugar talks. Hes alot more clever and sly than people make him out to be, and i think will see some back stabbing from him soon.
I think the moment when I really started to like Tom was when he'd just been dressed down in the boardroom after the beauty treatment task (when he'd stayed in the room doing nothing, then come down and missed the point); he was given an opportunity to pull someone else down with him ... and he didn't, just stuttered then when quiet.

He is more intelligent than the other contestants seem to credit him for, but I don't think he's sly. I don't think he's going to win because I don't think, when push comes to shove, he's going to be good enough at saving himself at the expense of others.
QuirkyDoDo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Safiyyah<3)
Same here, i paused the tv for a good five minutes just staring at his face
Hahahaha, I don't know, his face doesn't particularly do it for me come to think of it, 'tis more his personality.
AspiringGenius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I like Tom and Suzy but my favourite has to be the girl who claimed she was taught by dalai lama. I know, it was a ridiculous thing to say and it probably included her going to a massive lecture or something but I feel she has quietened down and theres more to come
louiseyoung
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pandora.)
I can honestly say that apart from mocking Glenn on Wednesday, I don't remember anything that Helen has done.
same. I'm surprised that lord sugar hadn't fierd her for going into the background. surprisingly, as he hates that kinda thing. maybe she's been active behind the cameras?
Dagnabbit
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by louiseyoung)
same. I'm surprised that lord sugar hadn't fierd her for going into the background. surprisingly, as he hates that kinda thing. maybe she's been active behind the cameras?
Simple. She hasn't been brought back into the boardroom or lost a task yet!

Interestingly, neither Edna or Susan have lost a task yet either and the former certainly hasn't displayed any business acumen
kuroshokora
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheSownRose)
I think the moment when I really started to like Tom was when he'd just been dressed down in the boardroom after the beauty treatment task (when he'd stayed in the room doing nothing, then come down and missed the point); he was given an opportunity to pull someone else down with him ... and he didn't, just stuttered then when quiet.

He is more intelligent than the other contestants seem to credit him for, but I don't think he's sly. I don't think he's going to win because I don't think, when push comes to shove, he's going to be good enough at saving himself at the expense of others.
I like Tom. Apart from the fact that he looks like MICHAEL SHEEN, he's so sweet and ...un-Apprentice-like.

Seriously doubt he'd win, but it's nice not to hate all of the candidates, for once.

Also still got a soft spot for Jim the Jedi :ninja2:
zjs
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Despite his hanging-by-a-thread-if-only-he-was-brought-back-into-the-boardroom predicament, I'm still backing Jim for the Win. Backed Arjun for winner of Junior Apprentice from early in the Junior Apprentice, so hopefully I'll be similarly successful this time (this is in a sweepstake, rather than for the purposes of my ego, for those that care).

For me, he's been the strongest all-round performer. His ability to avoid the boardroom is a positive trait, rather than something I'd construe as slimy or manipulative, and I don't think he's really deserved to be there anyway.

Spoiler:
Show
Take, for example, last week's task. He may have come up with "everydog", but he was right to say that the team got behind it, all bar X (what's-his-name? The one who was described as a maths/calculator machine? Tom?) and he couldn't be held entirely accountable, especially as he wasn't PM. The sending off of Vincent was a harsh move too.
Faith01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am actually gutted Vincent left, who can I laugh/mock at now? His arrogance obviously is annoying but it's quite entertaining you have to admit.
zjs
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Faith01)
I am actually gutted Vincent left, who can I laugh/mock at now? His arrogance obviously is annoying but it's quite entertaining you have to admit.
Nowhere near as arrogant as others in past series, or even some in this series (who, on the whole, seem to be less arrogant than usual).
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just iplayered it! I love Jim's hurt face, it's as though you've just killed a puppy!
racheatworld
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can't believe I've only just found this thread! Well now I'm going to throw my various opinions out there, so I don't feel left out.

Like a lot of people, I want Jim to win. Not because he's the bookies' favourite or anything, but because he's genuinely the best candidate in there to be Lord Sugar's business partner. The thing is, this year LS is looking for a business partner, someone who will share equally a business with him, and so he's looking for completely different characteristics this time round than in the previous years of the Apprentice. Previously, candidates could win if they were the PM once and did a fairly successful job, threw out a few good ideas each week, and didn't get in to any massive arguments with LS in the boardroom. Take Stella, winner of last year's Apprentice. Yes, she was an excellent candidate to be Lord Sugar's apprentice, but I certainly could not imagine her being his business partner. People are saying Jim got too confident and arrogant on Wednesday, but I really think this is an important trait to have. I mean, yes I was cringing for him, dying to say "Jim, just learn when to shut up", but looking back, LS was probably testing him as he knows he's an excellent candidate. Even if Vincent had brought Jim in, he wouldn't have got fired, as you can't fire someone for suggesting an idea, which the whole team did enthusiastically agree with. And I believe if the final 3 in the boardroom were Vincent/Jim/Ellie, Ellie would've gone and Vincent would have saved himself.

I also like Tom. He's got a lot of stuff right in the past few weeks, like he brought up the fact "Every Dog" was trying to do too much, and other things which I've since forgotten. I just wish he'd speak up a bit more; and win a task for once!

I really don't like Helen, I mean she's floating through the process doing next to nothing and as people have been fired for exactly those reasons (Ellie) she should be going soon. As well as Zoe, she tries to be forceful but it just.. doesn't work. I don't know why.

Ps: Leon is unbelievably cute and I felt so sorry for him when his pitch was so... bad. However, I didn't like the fact when he came out and the team were standing in a circle, he said "Nobody said how well I did". I don't know if he was joking, but I was like :confused: Surely you know you stumbled a little?
derp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by racheatworld)
Ps: Leon is unbelievably cute and I felt so sorry for him when his pitch was so... bad. However, I didn't like the fact when he came out and the team were standing in a circle, he said "Nobody said how well I did". I don't know if he was joking, but I was like :confused: Surely you know you stumbled a little?
I think he might have been trying his hand at self-depreciation. But it didn't really work too well

Although my favourite candidate is probably Tom, I agree with a person higher up who said he's a bit of a 'suck-up'! He needs to eject his head from Shugger's colon before he can win I think.

Jim has performed Jedi mind-tricks on most of the viewers as well I see. I think he is possibly being set up for a Villain Arc, but we'll see.

Final 5 I reckon will include Melody and her eye makeup. Her anunciation is proper bizarre, but she seems competent.

I think I'm going to miss Vinnie's dreadful socks
damos92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can't believe I've only just found this thread! Well now I'm going to throw my various opinions out there, so I don't feel left out.

Like a lot of people, I want Jim to win. Not because he's the bookies' favourite or anything, but because he's genuinely the best candidate in there to be Lord Sugar's business partner. The thing is, this year LS is looking for a business partner, someone who will share equally a business with him, and so he's looking for completely different characteristics this time round than in the previous years of the Apprentice. Previously, candidates could win if they were the PM once and did a fairly successful job, threw out a few good ideas each week, and didn't get in to any massive arguments with LS in the boardroom. Take Stella, winner of last year's Apprentice. Yes, she was an excellent candidate to be Lord Sugar's apprentice, but I certainly could not imagine her being his business partner. People are saying Jim got too confident and arrogant on Wednesday, but I really think this is an important trait to have. I mean, yes I was cringing for him, dying to say &quot;Jim, just learn when to shut up&quot;, but looking back, LS was probably testing him as he knows he's an excellent candidate. Even if Vincent had brought Jim in, he wouldn't have got fired, as you can't fire someone for suggesting an idea, which the whole team did enthusiastically agree with. And I believe if the final 3 in the boardroom were Vincent/Jim/Ellie, Ellie would've gone and Vincent would have saved himself.

I also like Tom. He's got a lot of stuff right in the past few weeks, like he brought up the fact &quot;Every Dog&quot; was trying to do too much, and other things which I've since forgotten. I just wish he'd speak up a bit more; and win a task for once!

I really don't like Helen, I mean she's floating through the process doing next to nothing and as people have been fired for exactly those reasons (Ellie) she should be going soon. As well as Zoe, she tries to be forceful but it just.. doesn't work. I don't know why.

Ps: Leon is unbelievably cute and I felt so sorry for him when his pitch was so... bad. However, I didn't like the fact when he came out and the team were standing in a circle, he said &quot;Nobody said how well I did&quot;. I don't know if he was joking, but I was like :confused: Surely you know you stumbled a little?
Good points but to be fair, the BBC may only have shown us the bad parts of Leon's speech, remember it was 20 minutes long so the stuff we didn't see may have been a lesson in coherence and presenting.

I was quite surprised when Alan called Jim 'mate', never heard that from him before and from that i reckon he does think Jim's a formidable candidate. Still really dislike Zoe and her headache inducing voice, rate Tom but i have no strong feelings towards any of the other candidates tbh.
racheatworld
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by derp)
I think he might have been trying his hand at self-depreciation. But it didn't really work too well

Although my favourite candidate is probably Tom, I agree with a person higher up who said he's a bit of a 'suck-up'! He needs to eject his head from Shugger's colon before he can win I think.

Jim has performed Jedi mind-tricks on most of the viewers as well I see. I think he is possibly being set up for a Villain Arc, but we'll see.

Final 5 I reckon will include Melody and her eye makeup. Her anunciation is proper bizarre, but she seems competent.

I think I'm going to miss Vinnie's dreadful socks
I think that Jim is appealing as the best candidate to be LS's business partner is because of his confidence. Nobody has had such arrogance and confidence to be able to win competitors (as well as partly Lord Sugar) over, and so he appeals to people, including myself, because of this. However, if he doesn't volunteer (or LS doesn't pick him) to be PM, soon he might be in the firing line because h can't float through on confidence/ Jedi-powers alone.

Totally agree with you on Tom, he always nods his head like a puppet to LS and Sugar won't want someone to sit there like a Bobblehead. He seems the most intellectual one of the group, not in the academic sense, but he's the one who always knows why the task went wrong and brings it up in the boardroom. I hope he gets the chance to show his decision making skills as PM, I'm sure LS will give him the chance soon.

(Original post by damos92)
Good points but to be fair, the BBC may only have shown us the bad parts of Leon's speech, remember it was 20 minutes long so the stuff we didn't see may have been a lesson in coherence and presenting.

I was quite surprised when Alan called Jim 'mate', never heard that from him before and from that i reckon he does think Jim's a formidable candidate. Still really dislike Zoe and her headache inducing voice, rate Tom but i have no strong feelings towards any of the other candidates tbh.
Yes, but even if the rest of Leon's speech was good, he still made some embarrassing stumbles, but I agree with you that it was probably exaggerated by the BBC.
Reformed2010
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
All the talk of jedi-powers, mind tricks and vilian arcs involving Jim. I just want to make sure were all talking about the Apprentice show on BBC one and not some random Star wars film. Compared to previous years Jim is relatively mild, but people here seem to be refusing to understand he is simply a confident and charismatic man.

His 'mind tricks' are not some villainary scheme cooked up for every task, but a businessperson who is employing his skills to win his way. Believe it or not they have all gone onto this show knowing the format, what is needed to win and so they are all 'playing a game'. Just because Jim has better skills at getting his way than Tom doesn't automatically make him a villain. What is he suppose to be like, a pushover, quiet, simple minded?
Pheylan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Twenty seconds of comedy gold: http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b011qjtm/?t=31m55s
Troubled_Student
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ash07)
:P, Did you see what he wore on you're fired? x
Oh yeah, now that was hideous.
mossinator
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've blogged about this years Apprentice on Blogger I have, would I be allowed to link my youtube video to this discussion board which gives you the link to my Blog and other user accounts? I just want to make sure first thats all
S_123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
LS was probably testing him as he knows he's an excellent candidate. Even if Vincent had brought Jim in, he wouldn't have got fired, as you can't fire someone for suggesting an idea, which the whole team did enthusiastically agree with. And I believe if the final 3 in the boardroom were Vincent/Jim/Ellie, Ellie would've gone and Vincent would have saved himself.
I'll keep telling myself that LS was just 'testing' Jim too :p: But I agree with your second point. If Vincent had taken Jim in, it's likely that only Ellie would have been fired. Sugar fired Vincent because he made the wrong decision in the boardroom and I think Jim and Vincent combined would have been able to save Jim's ass in the boardroom if he'd been brought back in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.56%
No - but I will (17)
5.38%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.33%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (154)
48.73%

Watched Threads