Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HowsItMcGowan)
    I've been accepted to BCU to study speech and language therapy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i will be studying speech therapy too!! Are you in halls? I got oakmount

ReputationRep:
    Anyone studying Social Policy? ☺️ Birmingham is my insurance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whose doing economics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I firmed my Birmingham's offer for Business Management with Year in Industry. Anyone is doing Management?
    Really excited for Birmingham and a bit worried since ive never been there

ReputationRep:
    Doing Maths here, can't wait to go uni
    Quick question, they want AAB, is there a chance I can get into the Maths 3 year course with ABB?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone studying Medical Science? If so, feel free to join our facebook group here
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/292003667635598/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical_girl)
    lol can't believe this was me a year ago. Good luck to all the potential freshers - i'm sure you'll make the grades, don't stress too much etc... Xx
    how can you be sure?

Do you know something i don't!!!!

stressing the **** out here!

ReputationRep:
    Right, apparently the uni will be opening a secondary school close to the campus with access to many of it's facilities in 2015; does this mean we'll have a load of lower-school kids running around the campus or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mutecoat)
    Right, apparently the uni will be opening a secondary school close to the campus with access to many of it's facilities in 2015; does this mean we'll have a load of lower-school kids running around the campus or what?
    Did not know that...lol where did you get tht info from ? If its true thts rather annoying lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsJustMe17)
    Did not know that...lol where did you get tht info from ? If its true thts rather annoying lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/universi...ool/index.aspx

Read and weep my friend

ReputationRep:
    Oh ffs LOL why does it have to be so close to the school campus? Been trying to get away from school not bring it with me! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsJustMe17)
    Oh ffs LOL why does it have to be so close to the school campus? Been trying to get away from school not bring it with me! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly! Or just, you know, employ them as bag-holders or something

ReputationRep:
    Oh god that's horrible. What with all the building work that's going on and this I'm seriously considering dropping down to my insurance. Blooming hope the children never go near the library, sports facilities or the physics department.

Edit: yep.

(Original post by University of Birmingham)
    Facilities and environment:

Access to world-class facilities at the University of Birmingham, including sports, library, and music facilities;An identified school site in a pleasant, green setting, benefitting from good transport routes and playing fields, owned by and close to the University, and available for development;
    Source: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/university/university-school/vision.aspx

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adi19956)
    Oh god that's horrible. What with all the building work that's going on and this I'm seriously considering dropping down to my insurance. Blooming hope the children never go near the library, sports facilities or the physics department.

Yeah I get you; Though remember a few things first - they are taking on only year 7s and 12s come 2015, meaning that for our time studying there will never be many of them around. Secondly it's being built in Selly Oak, so unless you're applying for Jaratt Hall or have some kind of obsession with Aldi you've no real reason to have to see the building work!

Keep it as your firm!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I get you; Though remember a few things first - they are taking on only year 7s and 12s come 2015, meaning that for our time studying there will never be many of them around. Secondly it's being built in Selly Oak, so unless you're applying for Jaratt Hall or have some kind of obsession with Aldi you've no real reason to have to see the building work!

Keep it as your firm!
    See my edit.

I also meant building work with the library, new sports facilities etc which we won't really be able to take advantage of anyway. They're lucky the department is so highly rated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adi19956)
    See my edit.

I also meant building work with the library, new sports facilities etc which we won't really be able to take advantage of anyway. They're lucky the department is so http://unistats.ac.uk/subjects/satisfaction/10006840FT-K0183/ReturnTo/Search

Yeah fair enough. I can't imagine the library's services will be compromised, the building work is probably done in such a way that it's not too intrusive. Either way, everybody loves a bit of cheeky scaffolding.

ReputationRep:
    Why oh why are they mixing children into an adult environment? :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Just read about the school being opened in 2015 - it's put me off a bit. As an English student, I'll be in the library a lot and I don't need younger children around who see the library as a social opportunity

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to find a way to enquire about it with the University, just to clear up on how it would work in practice. But none of the email addresses are relevant to this sort of thing, there's no "general" contact...

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to find a way to enquire about it with the University, just to clear up on how it would work in practice. But none of the email addresses are relevant to this sort of thing, there's no "general" contact...
    I understood it as a University school but its not on main campus and was self contained in its own buildings etc and they were allowed to use stuff from the university taken to them. I cant see school kids being able to use a university library very effectively and i dont think theyd have them running amuck around campus

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.