Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    That's insane! I can't believe you weren't offered an interview at least. I'm sure someone a couple of days ago got an interview with a lower tariff/UKCAT combination)!?!??!!? Maybe the way they shortlist is not purely academic. Or maybe they're just drawing names out of a hat, who knows.
    (Original post by psmalhotra)
    got rejected… international applicant as well

UKCAT: 770
    UCAS tariff: 680- A*A*A*A*A (Pure Maths, Chem, Physics, Economcs, Bio)- Achieved

anyone have any advice/reasoning?

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering does anyone know the ukcat cut off for barts this year? My friend has a low ukcat score (it is above 600 but below the average I think) but she has sth like a 850 ucas tariff and she still got rejected. :O

ReputationRep:
    Apparently pre-interview rejections will still be sent out into the New Year. Just living in limbo atm

ReputationRep:
    What !!! How much culling needs to be there ? ( how much more blood do they want on there hands lol lol lol ). This is a tad ridiculous ! I hope they switch to bulk rejection/ interviews now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrumChops)
    Apparently pre-interview rejections will still be sent out into the New Year. Just living in limbo atm
    How do you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nhta112)
    How do you know?
    Phoned up admissions. I thought all rejections were given out this month.

ReputationRep:
    Dam I thought I was avoiding the bullet by getting through December

ReputationRep:
    Wait, so are they not going to even take a break over Christmas? So dedicated, aren't they. XP
    Oh darn it, I thought I'd be able to finally stop obsessively checking my inbox over the holidays.

ReputationRep:
    So it means as long as we survive until January, we will at least be offered an interview? *hoping*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willois)
    So it means as long as we survive until January, we will at least be offered an interview? *hoping*
    I doubt they'll be working over Christmas, I'm assuming they probably mean rejections will still be being sent out in January

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koyyj127)
    Just wondering does anyone know the ukcat cut off for barts this year? My friend has a low ukcat score (it is above 600 but below the average I think) but she has sth like a 850 ucas tariff and she still got rejected. :O
    Is your friend international? This might be because the qualifications he thought to have contributed towards the tariff weren't taken into account by them like somebody mentioned few pages back that they don't accept OCR nationals or some other qualifications ?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jollygood)
    Is your friend international? This might be because the qualifications he thought to have contributed towards the tariff weren't taken into account by them like somebody mentioned few pages back that they don't accept OCR nationals or some other qualifications ?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    she's an international but she's doing GCE A-levels and if i rmb correctly she also has a grade 6 piano cert or sth. So I think it's pbl her UKCAT that brought her down :/

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected with 660 tariffs and 682.5 UKCAT

ReputationRep:
    Oh no!!! that's horrible. Are you a graduate/international/both applicant? I am expecting one to come and I'd rather have it now than having to wait until after the break.

ReputationRep:
    I feel really sorry what were your predictions ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, new to this thread, just to ask:
    has ANYONE applying for the A101 Graduate course heard back from Barts yet with interview offers?
    I haven't and I am wondering if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Thanks

(UKCAT: 777.5)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by njclarke1)
    has ANYONE applying for the A101 Graduate course heard back from Barts yet with interview offers?

Apparently they haven't! I'm a grad but applied to the standard A100 course.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...46159&page=142
    We don't have a heavy population of GEM applicants stalking this thread. :P Try that one ^

Well a couple grads have been rejected though their UKCATs were lower than yours, no news is good news for the time being. I'm sure you'll hear something soon, they can't put it off forever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    Well a couple grads have been rejected though their UKCATs were lower than yours, no news is good news for the time being. I'm sure you'll hear something soon, they can't put it off forever
    Thanks for the positivity PG , I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I applied to Warwick too and they share a selection centre.
    I was told that if you apply for both and both want an interview you will have one selection centre and both with receive a 'score'.
    Don't know if anyone else is in the same situation, but with Warwick's selection delayed I was just wondering. Hmmmmm..

Thanks for the positivity PG , I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I applied to Warwick too and they share a selection centre.
    I was told that if you apply for both and both want an interview you will have one selection centre and both with receive a 'score'.
    Don't know if anyone else is in the same situation, but with Warwick's selection delayed I was just wondering. Hmmmmm..
    Hmm I honestly wish I knew mate but I don't think it's worth speculating, with a score like yours I would sleep soundly to be honest that's all I can say Perhaps if you check out the Warwick thread there's bound to be a graduate in a similar boat to yours.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.