Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Saw Brentford play palace in pre-season (won 3-2), and manage to scrape a draw (1-1), but we looked promising in both games. Play off place if foreshaw stays?

(Original post by ebrodgers)
    Saw Brentford play palace in pre-season (won 3-2), and manage to scrape a draw (1-1), but we looked promising in both games. Play off place if foreshaw stays?
    I reckon that's a bit optimistic. I'd be happy with 12th-14th whether he stays or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Leroy Lita signed for Barno I see... I never thought he'd drop into league one (I actually thought we might re-sign him). At least some of the Antonio peanuts have been reinvested into the club with striker Stevie May joining us. A striker who actually has a decent record as well even if it is in Scotland.

Big Reda already has 2 of his ten goals a season I see.
    Peanuts?! We paid you £2m for him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedro.)
    Not today, I normally go 5-7 games a season
    I'm the same, got uni soon so trynna cram my games in now lol. Where do you think well finish?

ReputationRep:
    Would encourage all on here to tune in on Sky for tomorrow's live League Cup game with Cardiff. Big protests being planned inside and outside of Sixfields, in conjunction with Cardiff fans who also want to publicly shame the Football League for their part in allowing a club to play 35 miles from home.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Would encourage all on here to tune in on Sky for tomorrow's live League Cup game with Cardiff. Big protests being planned inside and outside of Sixfields, in conjunction with Cardiff fans who also want to publicly shame the Football League for their part in allowing a club to play 35 miles from home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I seriously doubt Sky will show much of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    I seriously doubt Sky will show much of it.
    They may not be able to avoid it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordanap)
    I'm the same, got uni soon so trynna cram my games in now lol. Where do you think well finish?
    Its quite hard to tell because of how inconsistent we are, but I say 4th or 5th place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordanap)
    Peanuts?! We paid you £2m for him!
    Closer to £1.5 million really. Considering we bought him for £750k-1 million and the fact that we didn't need to sell him means the amount is peanuts compared to the inflated transfers this summer. One example is Harry 'turns slower than a battleship' Maguire who brought in £2.5 million for our league one neighbours.

ReputationRep:
    Dag and Red 5-5 Brentford at the moment, unreal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Some fine, fine matches tonight. Proves that the lower leagues can be entertaining. What a game at Dagenham!

I'm so glad that wasn't our first team.

I mean I suppose we won the penalties...

ReputationRep:
    Good win for Bradford, it was lucky to be honest Morecambe looked good. Roll on the draw hopefully Leeds or Sheffield Wed.

ReputationRep:
    This is awful. At least the FL were publicly shamed on 35 minutes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Leeds at home, dream come true !!!! Second round

ReputationRep:
    First home game of the season last night for Wrexham. It was 3-0 to Gateshead but the scoreline was flattering to them, caught us napping for the second two goals and we had plenty of chances ourselves. Some poor performances from our players though, need to step up their game if we want to get to the playoffs this season.

ReputationRep:
    The year in the championship was nice, but it's back to business as usual now!

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/466...DJcqHbL4sp5dnb

ReputationRep:
    BRADFORD V LEEDS !!!!! What a draw !! What do you all think ? I know were (Bradford) happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMBCFC)
    BRADFORD V LEEDS !!!!! What a draw !! What do you all think ? I know were (Bradford) happy.
    No better time to face them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    No better time to face them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why is that then ?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.