Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    You get feedback from PwC, I didn't do well in the logicals although I surpassed numericals :/ pretty ****ty. Albeit this was for an insight day being held pretty soonish so not the actual SW. Might apply to SW another time, although their app process is incrediby tiresome.
    Oh okay, that's unfortunate and to be honest I thought their application process was pretty simple, with the new twist of having a video interview instead.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I know this is probably the question asked the most, but what actually goes in a cover letter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    I know this is probably the question asked the most, but what actually goes in a cover letter?
    I'll send you the SEO pack, if you want. It guides you with everything. PM your email again

Why the bank, why the position, why you (competencies)
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I'll send you the SEO pack, if you want. It guides you with everything. PM your email again

If you could that would be great! Sent you a PM

ReputationRep:
    If you could that would be great! Sent you a PM
    as requested.

ReputationRep:
    That's impressive, didn't think PwC had already started to reject people, when they came to my campus they said that the process was pretty simple to get through, so I'm guessing your numerical test let you down?
    I can confirm the process isn't easy to get through haha, not as hard as ibanks though

ReputationRep:
    How much do you usually score in the numericals? does anyone know what the usual benchmark is for passing the test screening?

ReputationRep:

Would you mind PMing me the SEO pack too? Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KennyC)
    How much do you usually score in the numericals? does anyone know what the usual benchmark is for passing the test screening?
    ~70-75+ for SWs maybe

ReputationRep:

I'd love the pack too !

And for those wondering about DB who posted screen caps, I had the exact same screen and got rejected on friday after 3 weeks on this "Interview process", without an interview obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spark27)
    I applied around the middle of Oct, I got invited for the tests on the last week of Oct. I got an email couple of days ago saying that I got rejected.

I really think you gotta ace the competency questions to get an interview.
    thanks for your reply. I have worked on those questions for two weeks, bringing them to my Careers service twice, asking alumni, careers counselor and representatives from any events. And now, it is disheartening to know that they won't even be read because I did subpar on the tests

ReputationRep:
    RBS test.. Talent Q, is it even worth doing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IB Fanboy)
    thanks for your reply. I have worked on those questions for two weeks, bringing them to my Careers service twice, asking alumni, careers counselor and representatives from any events. And now, it is disheartening to know that they won't even be read because I did subpar on the tests
    It sucks the way alot of these applications are designed. They should make you do tests, prior to even starting applications so you don't waste your time spending 3-4 hours completing a solid application to get rejected for passing the tests.

ReputationRep:
    RBS test.. Talent Q, is it even worth doing
    Yeah, the pass mark is incredibly low - as long as you can do as well as or better than 30% of last years applicants, you pass (and they won't take into consideration what mark you got - i.e if you pass that benchmark, getting an interview invite will be independent of whether you fell into the 30th or 80th percentile.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FDR)
    Yeah, the pass mark is incredibly low - as long as you can do as well as or better than 30% of last years applicants, you pass (and they won't take into consideration what mark you got - i.e if you pass that benchmark, getting an interview invite will be independent of whether you fell into the 30th or 80th percentile.)
    I got put through the logicalcs when I only hit 60th percentile.

ReputationRep:
    I got put through the logicalcs when I only hit 60th percentile.
    So you were rejected when you got less than 60th percentile?

If that's the case, then that's the case (maybe it's different for SW?) but a friend applying for DCM grad managed to get 30th percentile on logicals and still progress to interviews (whereas another got less and didn't) hence why I assumed it's around 30th percentile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FDR)
    So you were rejected when you got less than 60th percentile?

If that's the case, then that's the case (maybe it's different for SW?) but a friend applying for DCM grad managed to get 30th percentile on logicals and still progress to interviews (whereas another got less and didn't) hence why I assumed it's around 30th percentile.
    No, I got 60% and I got invited to sit the numerical. I thought I did **** but apparently it was good enough.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how long the morgan stanley numerical takes to come through? Website says we only have 48 hours to complete

ReputationRep:
    Anyone coming Citi tonight? Corporate Banking event?

ReputationRep:
    Just did RBS numerical. TalentQ is a lot harder than SHL and Kenexa but I reckon you just have to practie. All the best guys.

Deffo worth practicing beforehand.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.