unconditional offer from Birmingham ehehehehehe
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Well done!
    thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benpeters)
    you'll be lucky to get in with that- they're not that high tbh hope your PS is good enough to make up for them
    Can't believe you just said that; his UMS scores are well, well above average. If he can demonstrate his passion for the subject in the interview he has every chance of getting a place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamc1997)
    Can't believe you just said that; his UMS scores are well, well above average. If he can demonstrate his passion for the subject in the interview he has every chance of getting a place.
    I reckon he might have been joking...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Thanks! This is why I'm leaning towards LSE...
    They're great grades. People get into Cambridge with much lower than that. You're on for 560 ucas points which is above average

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Follett)
    They're great grades. People get into Cambridge with much lower than that. You're on for 560 ucas points which is above average

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do UCAS points really matter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    Why are you leaning towards LSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Less knobs haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Follett)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Do UCAS points really matter?
    Not really, but the average of someone doing economics at Cambridge will be around 520

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    you'll be lucky to get in with that- they're not that high tbh hope your PS is good enough to make up for them
    if you think that isn't high you're dumb

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone thinking of doing a degree in Economics with something else? I have an offer from Manchester to do International Business, Finance and Economics and I was just wondering if anyone else is considering doing similar courses

ReputationRep:
    HI! I reaaally wanna do econ with finance! what are your stats??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fps0606)
    HI! I reaaally wanna do econ with finance! what are your stats??
    You mean grades? I got ABC at AS and I'm predicted AAA (resitting my B and C). I do Psychology, Economics and Accounting. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrewmitchell)
    if you think that isn't high you're dumb
    Fair enough Andrew. At the end of the day it's down to the interview (once you get the interview), and from what 2 of my cousins told me (1 of which got in) they ask STEP questions to really test your maths out - this is clearly due to the economics course being quite dependent on mathematics at a high level (and obviously STEP is a lot harder than A2 Further Maths! Haha makes the A2 a walk in the park

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Less knobs haha
    Haha I disagree
    Watch this its absolutely hilarious and you might change your mind.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovmHfMKHuY8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquatix96)
    You mean grades? I got ABC at AS and I'm predicted AAA (resitting my B and C). I do Psychology, Economics and Accounting. What about you?
    I do Pre-U which is a two year course so don't have any AS's but I got 7A*s 3As and a B at GCSE. I'm predicted D3 M1 M1 (different grading system - translates as AAB). I've applied to Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Edinburgh and Newcastle. Very nervous I won't get any offers because of my bad predictions! :s. But my UCAS hasn't even been sent off yet. Where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    Haha I disagree
    Such class banter my friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    Haha I disagree
    This video is side splitting!!!
    The avatars are kinda creepy though.

ReputationRep:
    Such class banter my friend
    Are you being sarcastic? Lol I can't tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fps0606)
    I do Pre-U which is a two year course so don't have any AS's but I got 7A*s 3As and a B at GCSE. I'm predicted D3 M1 M1 (different grading system - translates as AAB). I've applied to Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Edinburgh and Newcastle. Very nervous I won't get any offers because of my bad predictions! :s. But my UCAS hasn't even been sent off yet. Where have you applied?
    I've applied to Manchester, Aston, Loughborough, Birmingham and Leicester. You have amazing GCSE's :O. I only got 1 A, 4 Bs and 6 Cs :/ (although there were mitigating circumstances)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.