UCL offer holders 2015 thread Watch

Hudl
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by upendatom)
Is anyone else doing the undergrad scholarship application? My mum is a carer (therefore technically unemployed) and I don't know what evidence of income to provide - this form is stressing me out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you apply for these schorlaships even though you insured UCL
Tom102
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hudl)
Can you apply for these schorlaships even though you insured UCL
I think you need to firm ucl but don't quote me on it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gazzaaa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is anyone going to be living at home whilst commuting to UCL?
The.Joker
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Gazzaaa)
Is anyone going to be living at home whilst commuting to UCL?
Yup
adorablegirl1202
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey so I applied for accommodation and uploaded my photo however in that little photo icon box my photo did not come up but I did upload the file and clicked continue and save and then now it's asking me to confirm but now the photo option on the tabs has gone. I'm not sure if my photo went through :/
Ganglion
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by adorablegirl1202)
Hey so I applied for accommodation and uploaded my photo however in that little photo icon box my photo did not come up but I did upload the file and clicked continue and save and then now it's asking me to confirm but now the photo option on the tabs has gone. I'm not sure if my photo went through :/
The same happened to me; I guess that is the normal procedure. Hopefully the photos do upload successfully, although I still would have liked to see that the quality was not anyhow distorted.
adorablegirl1202
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ganglion)
The same happened to me; I guess that is the normal procedure. Hopefully the photos do upload successfully, although I still would have liked to see that the quality was not anyhow distorted.
Yeah because I'm really not sure if it actually uploaded or not now. But I assume if we did attach a photograph file then if we press continue and save that it must have gone straight through to them?
Also, last thing do we have to use up all the preferences options? I've used up 3 out of the 5 and not sure if I should force something for the other two
Gazzaaa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by The.Joker)
Yup
How do you reckon that will be? Like do you fear that you won't be getting the full 'university experience'.
Ganglion
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by adorablegirl1202)
Yeah because I'm really not sure if it actually uploaded or not now. But I assume if we did attach a photograph file then if we press continue and save that it must have gone straight through to them?
Also, last thing do we have to use up all the preferences options? I've used up 3 out of the 5 and not sure if I should force something for the other two
Either the photo has gone through to them already or it will once you submit your application - either way, apparently there is no option to change it. However, I am sure that in case anything will have gone wrong, they will indicate that on the accommodation offer.

Regarding the preferences, you are not obliged to use more than one of the options. I do not know how the information you provide on this particular section might affect the outcome, but I used only one option and was allowed to proceed.
The.Joker
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How do you reckon that will be? Like do you fear that you won't be getting the full 'university experience'.
I have a friend at UCL who's in 1st year and she also commutes to uni. I asked her how its been for her and she's enjoying it. She told me how it's quite hectic in the first few weeks/first term but after that she formed a group of friends with her coursemates- I think the most of them commute too.

I'm kinda worried about how people on my course will be, i.e. we might not have the same interests/humour or whatever. But I'm sure making friends won't be that difficult providing I'm friendly to everyone and I make an effort. How about you, how are you feeling?

My main concern first is not meeting my offer, but I'd also be happy at my insurance so it's not too bad I suppose.
adorablegirl1202
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ganglion)
Either the photo has gone through to them already or it will once you submit your application - either way, apparently there is no option to change it. However, I am sure that in case anything will have gone wrong, they will indicate that on the accommodation offer.

Regarding the preferences, you are not obliged to use more than one of the options. I do not know how the information you provide on this particular section might affect the outcome, but I used only one option and was allowed to proceed.
I messaged a friend as well as posting on this forum and she claims she could see her photo? So I'm becoming increasingly concerned as to whether or not it has gone through.
Thanks btw!
Gazzaaa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have a friend at UCL who's in 1st year and she also commutes to uni. I asked her how its been for her and she's enjoying it. She told me how it's quite hectic in the first few weeks/first term but after that she formed a group of friends with her coursemates- I think the most of them commute too.

I'm kinda worried about how people on my course will be, i.e. we might not have the same interests/humour or whatever. But I'm sure making friends won't be that difficult providing I'm friendly to everyone and I make an effort. How about you, how are you feeling?

My main concern first is not meeting my offer, but I'd also be happy at my insurance so it's not too bad I suppose.
Yeah I guess that I'm more excited than anxious but as you say I think we'll have to try a bit harder to make friends than those living in halls , but it should be alright.
And I suppose the fact that they're doing the same course as you would suggest that you must have something in common with them.

As for grades I'm working on it haha. If you don't mind me asking what grades do you need to achieve and what course will you be doing?
The.Joker
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah I guess that I'm more excited than anxious but as you say I think we'll have to try a bit harder to make friends than those living in halls , but it should be alright.
And I suppose the fact that they're doing the same course as you would suggest that you must have something in common with them.

As for grades I'm working on it haha. If you don't mind me asking what grades do you need to achieve and what course will you be doing?
I'm sure we'll meet many others who also commute. Yeah the onus will be on us to make a bit more effort to make friends, but everyone will be in the same boat so it doesn't matter too much if they live in halls or commute.

I need AA for History (Russian and Eastern European), I'm just worried about missing out on an A for biology. Maybe if I get A* for History and a B for Biology they might let me in...
Gazzaaa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm sure we'll meet many others who also commute. Yeah the onus will be on us to make a bit more effort to make friends, but everyone will be in the same boat so it doesn't matter too much if they live in halls or commute.

I need AA for History (Russian and Eastern European), I'm just worried about missing out on an A for biology. Maybe if I get A* for History and a B for Biology they might let me in...
I guess I'm in the same situation as you haha. I need AAA for History BA and psychology is a real pain this year at A2. Hopefully everything will be fine and I can get in, although my insurance isn't too bad either.
The.Joker
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I guess I'm in the same situation as you haha. I need AAA for History BA and psychology is a real pain this year at A2. Hopefully everything will be fine and I can get in, although my insurance isn't too bad either.
If I'm not mistaken, is your insurance qmul? I'm pretty sure I saw you posting in their thread before.
Gazzaaa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If I'm not mistaken, is your insurance qmul? I'm pretty sure I saw you posting in their thread before.
Yes it is haha! Very perceptive of you
What's your insurance if you don't mind me asking?
The.Joker
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes it is haha! Very perceptive of you
What's your insurance if you don't mind me asking?
More like just being nosey hehe.
Mine's also qmul.
Gazzaaa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
More like just being nosey hehe.
Mine's also qmul.
For history again? So am I right in thinking that you're in year 13 too?
The.Joker
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For history again? So am I right in thinking that you're in year 13 too?
Yep for history. Yes I'm year 13 but I'm on a gap year studying AS and A2 history.
Gazzaaa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yep for history. Yes I'm year 13 but I'm on a gap year studying AS and A2 history.
Dayum sounds hectic! I'm literally at the stage where I need to nail my exams to stand a chance of getting in to UCL. I rejected offers from Kings College in favour of UCL so hopefully will get in. Fingers crossed.

Have you done your history coursework yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (121)
39.54%
No - but I will (16)
5.23%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.54%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (149)
48.69%

Watched Threads