Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    6 marks on ethical issues- do you have to go in detail on a couple ethical issues gives examples ect?

ReputationRep:
    Feel like I should have put some A02 in there for the cultural variations Q. Or at leased discussed Takahashi/Grossman/Fox. Anyone else just do van Iz. and Kron?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgeboy989)
    Do you need 6 evaluation points to get the 6 ao2 marks?
    For the bowlby essay

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, you can get away with fewer more detailed points. I actually only included three/four evaluative points but just made sure I elaborated on them.

ReputationRep:
    Um. Excuse me. My friend just said that they will also test research methods on unit two. Is this true or false?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cultural variations was a 4 marker , I just wrote about 3 studies wasnt taking any risks

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the 12 mark? I put about monotropy (Tronik and the Efe tribe), IWM (Hazan and Shaver), continuity hypothesis (Hodges and Tizard), innateness (briefly mentioned Lorenz), social releasers, and sensitive period- i also mentioned the caregiver sensitivity hypothesis. To evaluate this I used the theory that kids learn different things from different people (monotropy), criticisms in terms of research for hazan and shaver (volunteer sample etc), learning theory and the temperament hypothesis. Thing is, I went through all of the AO1 material of outlining bowl by, and then went through all the AO2, and not in a lot of detail. Anyone know what this would get me? Kind of worried!!

ReputationRep:
    for the random sample of 10 children, I said using some form of systematic techinque, like a calculator or computer, is this right?

ReputationRep:
    For the two marker on why the strange situation is effective I said that there's high interrater reliability as ainsworths findings were supported by Takahasis too? Can anyone tell me if this is right?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeeBuzz)
    Um. Excuse me. My friend just said that they will also test research methods on unit two. Is this true or false?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Absolutely true, research methods is in unit 2.

ReputationRep:
    For the first question what were d and a

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billymccreith)
    Feel like I should have put some A02 in there for the cultural variations Q. Or at leased discussed Takahashi/Grossman/Fox. Anyone else just do van Iz. and Kron?
    I just did Van Ijzendoorn and Kroonenberg, we weren't taught any more studies on cultural variations so you don't actually need any others.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yep there is also research methods in unit two but not much compared to unit 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrojanH)
    Did anyone else draw a diagram for the first Describe MSM 6 Marker? Don't say I'm gonna lose out!

Also we really should compile a list of the exam questions in order to create an unofficial mark scheme... really want to see how I did on that easy paper
    Here's your list of exam questions I believe... if anyone wants to elaborate/knows the exact wording then feel free to contribute!

MEMORY

Identify IV and DV [2]
    Outline multi-store model [6]
    Two limitations of multi store model [4]
    Outline research into anxiety on EWT (including what participants did and findings) [6]
    Limitation of anxiety on EWT [2]
    Cognitive interview (knife attack) [4]
    Directional hypothesis [2]
    Outline memory improvement strategy [2]
    Strengths/limitations for case studies [4]
    Pilot study [4]

ATTACHMENT

Define secure attachment [2]
    Strength of the strange situation [2]
    Difference between insecure-avoidant and insecure-resistant in SS [4]
    Findings into cultural variations of attachment [4]
    How to conduct a random sample [2]
    Why random sample is better than volunteer sample [2]
    Explain how mother would show demand characteristics in SS [2]
    BPS guidelines - ethical issues of strange situation [6]
    Outline and evaluate Bowlby's theory of attachment [12]

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on the examiner, AQA markschemes are pretty useless so it depends on how well the examiner thinks your AO1 and 2 were articulated. But you included a lot so dont worry too much.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's true. They won't do as many research methods as they did in this paper though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssn2125)
    for the random sample of 10 children, I said using some form of systematic techinque, like a calculator or computer, is this right?
    surely random is as simple as putting the children's names into the hats and picking them out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiranjott)
    For the two marker on why the strange situation is effective I said that there's high interrater reliability as ainsworths findings were supported by Takahasis too? Can anyone tell me if this is right?!!
    All I put was about internal validity being high because it's a controlled observation etc:/

ReputationRep:
    I always try to make 6 solid well explained detailed AO2 just to be safe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eleanor303)
    Nope don't worry about it, the other mark schemes state that a detailed and accurate diagram can be a perfectly acceptable answer and gain full marks.
    Hey, thank you very much thats calmed me a lot , I have seen the mark schemes but there is no definition for a "good" diagram worthy of 6 marks.

I've attached what I've likely wrote for the MSM, anyone help see what mark I would achieve? That is, if you can read it!

ReputationRep:
    For rhe first question what were d and a

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.