Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anyone in process of making an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keval69Dhokia)
    i smell bull****
    do you want me to take a picture?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PawanAviator)
    Well , it is weird how i can't get 22.5m/s and ended up with 17m/s :/

Update!!!!! : I found out something.
    You are wrong!

170 / 10 = 17m/s

125 / 8 = 15.625m/s.

ITS NOT LINEAR.
    THE SPEED TELLS YOU THE GRADIENT. IF THE THE SPEED IS DIFFERENT THE GRADIENT IS DIFFERENT. THEREFORE IT IS NOT LINEAR. GOOD TRICK AQA!
    I got 15.625 , I'm not quite sure how though

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I am an A grade student and I am aiming to get an A* in Additional Science, I have been revising for a long time and was well-prepared for the exams. The B2 and C2 papers were quite straightforward, but today's P2 was not, even though the 6 mark question was pretty easy... If you want I may give some answers, which I think are right, however I HAVE done some stupid mistakes because I was a bit stressed. Thanks)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsremil)
    THIS IS WHY EVERYONE GOT 17M/S and this is why its wrong
    170/10 ----------> 17m/s
    You cannot do this because the line is not directly proportional on the whole line, it needs to be a straight line to take the gradient, you can't just take the whole line and work out the gradient and therefore the speed if its not a straight line as different parts have different speeds.

You have to take a section of the line from the steepest part. As this was straight you could work out the gradient.
    The difference was from 125 to 170 over 2 seconds

SO 45/2----------> 22.5m/s
    +1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saahil0987)
    It's definitely B, the velocity levels off cause it reached a terminal velocity
    this is probably the stupidest question but I can't for the life of me see why it wasn't A
    the question said the graph should show the velocity of the rocket as it falls until just after it hits the floor
    so surely when it hits the floor the velocity will be 0, and A was the only graph that ended on the x axis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neil20143)
    I got 9
    Dont worry man no one is 100% sure about whether the answers are wrong or right, we might be right

ReputationRep:
    This is a physics thread not a 'WHO CAN BE THE BIGGEST 'LAD' competition

Please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumana101)
    anyone in process of making an unofficial mark scheme?
    ye boi, manz gwarn cut and make that ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muaaz98)
    True, the topic is perhaps the most obscure of all of P2 tbh, but to be fair it was a ridiculously straightforward 6 marker. So much so I suspect there must be more to it.
    yeah, i very mcuh enjoyed P2 and P3's 6 mark questions. For P3 I think i must have wrote down everything i knew about ultrasound and x-rays, i better get all 6 marks, i wrote about 9 points.

ReputationRep:
    Hoping for 100UMS in P1 to pull up my stupid P2 mistakes considering P1 is easy af

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epicdwarf100)
    Matt, no need to use that tone, and I'm afraid to say you're incorrect. Charge is measured in ohms.
    No I'm afraid you're incorrect, resistance is measured in ohms

ReputationRep:
    i think i got 30-35 marks in this which is probs an A/B
    IF the mark schemes this year are low cause this was kinnnndddaaa hard to be honest

ReputationRep:
    The distance the rocket travelled was 7.2 m the Energy was converted so the both Ek and Ep were 3.6 J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss.Unknow)
    Dont worry man no one is 100% sure about whether the answers are wrong or right, we might be right
    i asked my teacher and it was 12 :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epicdwarf100)
    Matt, no need to use that tone, and I'm afraid to say you're incorrect. Charge is measured in ohms.
    But nice try though

ReputationRep:
    what was the half life? 12?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    I bet my house that the 6 marker in p2 will be about stars
    Somebody better hand over their house keys

ReputationRep:
    has anyone done an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    if you don't put the units do you still get the mark?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.