Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For those who have received offers recently, has anyone received their DBS and health forms yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beliveinyourself)
    For those who have received offers recently, has anyone received their DBS and health forms yet?
    thought they were attachments to the offer email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beliveinyourself)
    I got the health form in the offer e-mail but I havn't got the DBS one >_<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkTitan)
    I got the health form in the offer e-mail but I havn't got the DBS one >_<
    Did we not fill in the DBS form at the interview? thought that was the one we put in the sealed envelope (may be wrong though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephannalee)
    Did we not fill in the DBS form at the interview? thought that was the one we put in the sealed envelope (may be wrong though)
    Yup, we gave them the info they need for the DBS form and permission. The form itself is quite large and not something they'd email

ReputationRep:
    Good morning,
    Can someone please tell me whether the simple calculator provided for the maths test is an on-screen calculator for which I can use the numberpad? Just like in the UKCAT..
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rinski)
    Good morning,
    Can someone please tell me whether the simple calculator provided for the maths test is an on-screen calculator for which I can use the numberpad? Just like in the UKCAT..
    Thanks!
    no they give you a small handheld calculator

ReputationRep:
    no they give you a small handheld calculator
    Cool, thanks!

Does anybody know until when they need my IELTS results when I am not a native speaker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wombatt)
    congrats!! 😃😃😃
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering whether those students who have got an offer from keele have applied for accomodation/student finance/nhs bursary because I was reading into it today and it all seems a bit confusing.

ReputationRep:
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkcalculator23)
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you x
    not sure we apply for the NHS bursary this year as think you only get anything in 5th year? Student finance is relatively straight forward, apply online, heres a link saying what you need to do https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-student-finance with regard to accommodation not so sure, don't know if applications for it are open yet (i haven't looked into it as i havent heard back from all my unis yet so can't firm keele until i do ,basically just curious as to whether i have got into my other uni even though i'll firm keele either way i think)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkcalculator23)
    I was wondering whether those students who have got an offer from keele have applied for accomodation/student finance/nhs bursary because I was reading into it today and it all seems a bit confusing.
    Yup, I've applied for both already, it was actually quite straight forward. Feel free to PM me if you get stuck though

ReputationRep:
    what do i do for accommodation if keele is my insurance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kathan30)
    what do i do for accommodation if keele is my insurance?
    http://www.keele.ac.uk/estates/accom...accommodation/

Do I need to apply if Keele is my Insurance choice?Yes - all students wishing to be allocated University accommodation must make an application before the deadline (31st May). If you apply after the deadline you are lower down the priority list.

ReputationRep:
    Where have people applied for accommodation? I really want to go down to have a look before making a decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mintermed)
    Where have people applied for accommodation? I really want to go down to have a look before making a decision.
    Didn't think you could decide on a specific hall, think you apply for room type (may be wrong), think I want to be in Barnes though

ReputationRep:
    Didn't think you could decide on a specific hall, think you apply for room type (may be wrong), think I want to be in Barnes though
    Yup, that's correct. The only way you'd know is if you applied specifically for a room type which was only available in one residence.

http://www.keele.ac.uk/studyatkeele/...typecampusmap/

So if you apply for a Premier ensuite, for example, you'd be in Holly Cross & The Oaks or Lindsay Court or Washbasin Band B is only in the Hawthorns

I'd urge anyone with a question to read the Accommodation area of the Keele website first, it really is very thorough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulie'sGirl)
    Yup, that's correct. The only way you'd know is if you applied specifically for a room type which was only available in one residence.

http://www.keele.ac.uk/studyatkeele/...typecampusmap/

So if you apply for a Premier ensuite, for example, you'd be in Holly Cross & The Oaks or Lindsay Court or Washbasin Band B is only in the Hawthorns

I'd urge anyone with a question to read the Accommodation area of the Keele website first, it really is very thorough.
    Im in a situation where I want to be in one of the 4 room flats in barnes but that may mean i get a 4 room flat in hawthorns and think id rather live out than live in hawthorns tbh so not really sure what i should do with regard to applying

ReputationRep:
    Im in a situation where I want to be in one of the 4 room flats in barnes but that may mean i get a 4 room flat in hawthorns and think id rather live out than live in hawthorns tbh so not really sure what i should do with regard to applying
    You can apply, you don't have to accept their offer if you don't want to be in Hawthorns, or you can apply to be on the list for swaps with someone in Barnes. I'm in a similar situation myself

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 15, 2017

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.