The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TraineeAcc
Check ur emails folks for any Manpower correspondence!

This is for internal appliants right. External applicants for HO positions can't apply till the 19th right?
Original post by gingerwizard
This is for internal appliants right. External applicants for HO positions can't apply till the 19th right?

No buddy, this is for externals CSR/1320 - Manpower are taking over the pre-employment checks process
Reply 1482
You'll only have classroom based training maybe once every two weeks for a day or so.

Think positive. If you start your training convinced you'll get frustrated then you're just asking for a **** time lol

Ahah possibly. Atleast from your example earlier it doesn't sound anywhere near as bad as the CSA was thankfully.
No buddy, this is for externals CSR/1320 - Manpower are taking over the pre-employment checks process

Ahh right I think I am referring to a different lot, the 1000 or so recruitment drive for HO doesn't open till the 19th - I've just checked.
Check ur emails folks for any Manpower correspondence!

Thank you for posting this TraineeAcc, my e-mail app hadn't alerted me to the e-mail! I would have been gutted if I had not responded in time.

Make sure you check your e-mails everyone - you have to respond to it within 24 hours!
Reply 1485
Anyone who has accepted the provisional offer, do you have to complete any of the files that come under the 'View Attachment' page on the civil service websites?

I have attached a screenshot of the files I am talking about, hope someone can help clear my doubt! Thanks!
Reply 1486
Original post by daj19
Anyone who has accepted the provisional offer, do you have to complete any of the files that come under the 'View Attachment' page on the civil service websites?

I have attached a screenshot of the files I am talking about, hope someone can help clear my doubt! Thanks!

Original post by daj19

The date of those attachments is July so not relevant now :smile:
Original post by daj19

Didn't you fill those in and bring them to ur interview??
Reply 1488

I didn't have an interview, was offered the O grad role after stage 2 hence why I am not sure what I should do with these documents.
Original post by daj19
I didn't have an interview, was offered the O grad role after stage 2 hence why I am not sure what I should do with these documents.

Other O grades from stage 2 have been called this week to bring certificates, proof of i.d. Etc, following background checks complete and were asked to fill those forms in then. I'm in the same boat, waiting to be called to bring mine....waiting.....just sitting here waiting...lol. I get the impression they don't want to be processing paperwork unnecessarily until they are sure .....
Reply 1490
Original post by MurphysLaw2471
Other O grades from stage 2 have been called this week to bring certificates, proof of i.d. Etc, following background checks complete and were asked to fill those forms in then. I'm in the same boat, waiting to be called to bring mine....waiting.....just sitting here waiting...lol. I get the impression they don't want to be processing paperwork unnecessarily until they are sure .....

Really? Was this for London or other locations? What do you mean by processing paperwork unnecessarily? Is there a chance we may not get the job even if our pre-employment checks are clear?

Sorry for the multiple questions! Hope this gets resolved soon!
Hi all
Anybody else applied 042R internal (1000 vacancies)and what are the chances they'll be marking all four competencies.
Reply 1492
What are the pre employment checks? Do they perform a credit check?
Original post by daj19
Really? Was this for London or other locations? What do you mean by processing paperwork unnecessarily? Is there a chance we may not get the job even if our pre-employment checks are clear?

Sorry for the multiple questions! Hope this gets resolved soon!

Belfast....and I'm only guessin they want to process paperwork until they are sure that pre-employment checks are clear. Those attachments were on my portal way before I got my provisional offer. I think we're all learning the meaning of patience....
When my provisional offer came through in August (originally applied for TSP, never interviewed or anything) I just filled out the (very brief) forms in the "Next Stage" bit on the application. I haven't been asked to fill in anything for DBS yet, and I haven't been contacted by the recruitment team (although they rang me 2 weeks ago as apparently they'd lost my original acceptance email) for one. My application is still at provisional offer with "we're conducting background checks" etc etc. I presume if I need to do anything else then either I'll get an email or see something on the form but it does worry me that I'm inadvertently missing something and they're going to take it away from me lol.
Original post by Be Lucky
Hi all
Anybody else applied 042R internal (1000 vacancies)and what are the chances they'll be marking all four competencies.

Having read the pack, I took it that we'll be assessed on two competencies in our initial application. If we get to interview stage, we'll be questioned on the four competencies. Two if which we'll have already have been questioned on in the online assessment. So for the interview you will need to prepare answers for the four competencies.

Trainee who actually do we work for is it HMRC or Concentrix? Was something about Concentrix and HMRC this week and a contract ending. What's that all about and does it affect our job?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sd1983
Having read the pack, I took it that we'll be assessed on two competencies in our initial application. If we get to interview stage, we'll be questioned on the four competencies. Two if which we'll have already have been questioned on in the online assessment. So for the interview you will need to prepare answers for the four competencies.

are u internal or external ?
i am internal and in the job advet ref 042R that closed on 13/09/16 they said if a large number of applications are received thry may mark just the lead competency making effective decisons.
I am just hoping theyll just mark the 1 competency .If all 4 are marked than probably wont get thru
can anyone shed some light on their interview experience from the last exercises

I know the are four competencies being tested but will there be 4 questions or just the 2 ?
Original post by Jamz115
Trainee who actually do we work for is it HMRC or Concentrix? Was something about Concentrix and HMRC this week and a contract ending. What's that all about and does it affect our job?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You work directly for HMRC.

Concentrix in Belfast had an outsourcing contract with HMRC to help out with tax credits but they aren't ready renewing it. Nothing to do with us and no bearing on our job.

Latest

Trending

Trending