Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=lulucoco98;65494053]
    (Original post by AbdurrahmanSufi)
    From what I can remember, I argued that it increased representative democracy because MEPs have a bigger platform to voice the concerns of the UK. I mentioned worker's rights/protection, human rights etc. that have been brought about as a result of the EU which balances against the tyranny of the majority, as the vulnerable get some representation. But, I said that it didn't increase representative democracy in that ministers within institutions are from other member states and so represent their own national interests. I also spoke about the legitimacy of the EU, and low turnouts at European Elections (UK is below average). I gave the example of UKIP having representation and that they were committed to pulling out.. so questioned their effectiveness of representing the UK as a whole. Also argued that many people don't know their MEPs.

Because the question asked about devolution and representative democracy, I also referred to devolution in Scotland.. the government being 'closer to home', being able to address local/regional issues better than central governments, low turnout (60%) in devolution referendum 1997 suggests lack of interest and legitimacy (of decision) but growing dominance of SNP in recent year shows otherwise. Briefly discussed the Scotland independence referendum 2014 and I went into EVEL as well.. discussed the Finance Bill 2016 as an evaluative point too

Hiya, your one sounds amazing!!!!! The book I revised from did not have anything about the EU or devolved powers. I have failed now
    This book would have been pretty helpful for you.

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465235686.773789.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  142.8 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That is balanced it has both sides I thought??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Your first point for democracy is correct, second one I wouldn't give marks for and the third one needs more expansion; how would making under 24s voting make the government more representative specifically?

First two PG's points are correct but publicity and financial power could have been seperated but probably still good enough. Third one might be correct not sure/
    I didn't do a conclusion do you think I will get marked down - my points were in great detail and very evaluative

ReputationRep:
    i think i forgot to cross one of the boxes at the back of the answer booklet as to which question i was answering, however, i went to my exams officer and i explained to her my issue, and she asked me which question i wanted crossed and i said question 4, but, i went to go see them again and she said that she crossed 'Question 4' on the first page and im 100% sure question 3 was crossed on the first page.

Basically the first page of my answer booklet looks like this
    question 1 [] question 2 [] question 3[x] question 4[x]

will this affect my grade? i mean it was pretty obvious that the first page of my answer is question 3 but question 4 is also crossed off in the multiple choice boxes above part (A) as well as question 3, i went to my politics teacher asap about this as they would not change it and he said you should be fine and the exams office said you should be fine as long as the content you wrote was relevant for the exam question? should i worry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennifer Randall)
    I didn't do a conclusion do you think I will get marked down - my points were in great detail and very evaluative
    you'll probably lose around 2 marks no conclusion sadly

ReputationRep:
    This website contains a couple of informations on what you need to know for UNIT 2 EXAMS.
    It is from my teacher andd he correctly predicted what was gonna come up today

http://desouzasdigest.com/politics-i...ly-must-revise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mistir)
    This website contains a couple of informations on what you need to know for UNIT 2 EXAMS.

I like the question for parliament and the pm and the cabinet, they're solid bets, thank you for sharing it ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyadtr)
    I like the question for parliament and the pm and the cabinet, they're solid bets, thank you for sharing it ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
    my pleasure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mistir)

Can we all collectively plan these and what we would say to answer them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbaig27)
    Can we all collectively plan these and what we would say to answer them?
    Start the first one, I'll add up and do the 2nd and 3rd one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    you'll probably lose around 2 marks no conclusion sadly

Really? That much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Randall)
    Really? That much?
    Yeah! It's not as much as you'd first think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Randall)
    Really? That much?
    Not having a conclusion is like in Maths doing all the calculations and showing you know but not putting the result.

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmy15)
    Grade boundaries?
    In 2015, it was 58/80 for an A and 52/80 for a B.
    In 2014, it was 56/80 for an A and 51/80 for a B.
    In 2013, it was again 56/80 for A and 51/80 for B.

Having compared a bit the papers, think this year will be something like 55-56-57/80 for an A. I would say do not expect less than 55 though.

Maybe 56 ?

ReputationRep:
    Yooo, guess who royally mucked up democracy!!!!!
    I think I may have managed to get 3 marks on the 5 marker, and around 5 on the 10 marker. But the 25 marker?? Hell no, I'm screwed 😂 I managed to write two paragraphs so hopefully I get a few marks.
    However, elections and voting was brilliant and I hope I did super well on that one to make up for the fact I messed up democracy

ReputationRep:
    On the elections 10 marker only wrote two paragraphs for it-how many marks am i limited to?Also for the democracy 10 marker i wrote two points in one paragraph and a seperate point on another paragraph.Can i get full marks on this?

ReputationRep:
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...e_20120516.pdf

Anyone else think the 25 markers on this paper was quite similar to the one we just sat. Lucky I did it the night before

ReputationRep:
    I spent way too long on the first section and ran out of time.

For the second section (democracy and participation) on part A, I talked about the representative functions of parliament and parliamentary scrutiny. Yeah, I know the main features would be the fusion of powers, etc...

For (b) I wrote one paragraph, including statistics from multiple general elections and the Australian federal elections.

For (c) I wrote an introduction and a "for" and "against" point (where I made the mistake of talking about the ECHR, incompatibility, but then went on to mention parliamentary sovereignty and the consensual nature of our involvement with the EU), filling up half a page without a conclusion; though I also included the words, 'The West Lothian Question', in my plan.

Out of 40 marks, can anyone tell me exactly how ****ed I actually am?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, for the 25 marker i did the democracy question,

I said that being part of the EU and devolution means that elections are more common meaning people have the chance of being represented. Also said that it gives more people a political voice in areas such as Scotland where Scottish issues can solely be discussed. I mentioned how being part of the EU allows MEPs to represent the views of many people/groups (CBI) on a global scale

On the other side I said the EU is incredibly undemocratic and bureaucratic in the sense that senior officials are appointed rather than elected. Also said that turnout for EU parliamentary elections has been poor. Also for devolution, the devolved areas such as Scotland have an SNP government with 49% of votes (tyranny of the minority) and that the politicians may not represent their views directly.

Did anyone else write anything similar?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.