Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Messi555)
    This is a maximum concurrence. Thank you.
    Concurrence please.

Is there an official unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    Anyone please remember the workings out and answer for Sxy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I laughed so hard at the dancing/wiggling bees. The invigilator came over to ask me if I was crying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zandneger)
    R= 1/X

Hence E(R)=

(1/(-2) * 0.175)+(1/(-1) * 0.15)... + (1/(2) * 0.175)
    Basically take 1 over the values when calculating E(X) and multiply by the probability for each. Hope this helps
    Thank you very much what answer should that give by the way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Srs? Are you going to snap a picture of your nether regions and compare it too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't understand what you're saying but yeah sure. Wiggle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyFool229)
    Haha yeah I did that method too. Does seem harsh for 1 mark when I have seen questions like that worth 3 marks on the Solomon papers.
    Yeah , I feel like they swapped marks around on that paper , the last question i don't think should have been 3 marks ... but I'm not complaining

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomilolaa)
    Yeah , I feel like they swapped marks around on that paper , the last question i don't think should have been 3 marks ... but I'm not complaining
    Hey mate do you remember the values when you had to calculate Sxy on the one where you had to show Syy = whatever? Thanks bro

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the question that asks what happens to the pmcc value when adding the new x and y values to the data, what was the reasoning behind it?

I put that correlation would decrease so the pmcc would increase (closer to 0) because the new x and the new y values were above the mean x and the mean y value. This suggests that the more rainfall gave more sunshine so does not show show negative correlation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GarlicBread01)
    For the question that asks what happens to the pmcc value when adding the new x and y values to the data, what was the reasoning behind it?

I put that correlation would decrease so the pmcc would increase (closer to 0) because the new x and the new y values were above the mean x and the mean y value. This suggests that the more rainfall gave more sunshine so does not show show negative correlation
    I ended up putting the same. Wonder if we will get credited or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Messi555)
    I ended up putting the same. Wonder if we will get credited or not.
    I did the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GarlicBread01)

That's what I put as well. The two values don't fit the trend of the other values which makes it less of a negative correlation so pmcc will be closer to zero.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    Hey mate do you remember the values when you had to calculate Sxy on the one where you had to show Syy = whatever? Thanks bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sorry, my memory sucks ... I don't remember the numbers , I just remember how i answered them :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shir1902)
    That's the way I did it, but I think we misunderstood the question. The number was not selected twice, it was selected once. We were then supposed to find the probability that that value would be larger for Sarah/ Rebecca.
    Hopefully enough of us did it this way that we will get two marks? I can't stand the idea that I lost 4 so easily. Damn. I should have listened to that little voice in my head that was complaining I was doing too much work for four marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mia66)
    that's so good to hear! I was just worried that the exam board will prioritise maths and place the module with the highest ums in maths
    No, they will arrange the applied units to give you the best grades, don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustOneLastTime)
    I got 17 aswell but I'm not sure if its right
    I got 17.4 something, and rounded up to 18 people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veldt127)
    UMS doesn't scale exactly with marks; the gap between 90-100 and 80-90 isn't necessarily the same.
    It's almost always been 7 (sometimes 6 but not in years) so that's how it should be this year too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ejk99)
    Can someone explain how to calculate Syy with sd and mean please?
    What you had to do was write out the Standard Deviation Formula. You can work out SigmaY by multiplying the mean by the number of vlaues Because they tell you what the SD is, you only have one "unknown" and that is Sigma(Y^2). So, you work that out by rearranging. And then if you know that, you can just plug values into Syy Formula.

For 1 Mark though, an absolute disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustOneLastTime)
    I got 17 aswell but I'm not sure if its right
    It was 33 I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neyjunior)
    Thank you very much what answer should that give by the way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Deadly)
    What grade would I get overall if I had
    C1(68/75), C2(73/75), S1(55/75)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Should be a very solid A.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.