Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Chemistry A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 27 2016 and Depth - June 10 2016) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asinghj)
    😂😂 I already have mate, BEFORE the exam I was helping on here😂😂
    Please don't call me mate. You may call me sir.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeachChemistry)
    Please don't call me mate. You may call me sir.
    http://giphy.com/gifs/laughing-futur...-OvL3qHSMO6uaI

ReputationRep:
    I assume you've been able to compare the IR graphs and the mass spectrum graphs?

It had a large peak at 43 didn't it - this is more likely to form for a more stable alkyl fragment as well (excluding the info they said under the graphs about it being a secondary carbocation anyway) ?

Why can't anyone agree with this question? It was relatively straight forward compared to even some of the past big spectroscopy questions (which weren't too hard as well!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jitesh)
    I assume you've been able to compare the IR graphs and the mass spectrum graphs?

It had a large peak at 43 didn't it - this is more likely to form for a more stable alkyl fragment as well (excluding the info they said under the graphs about it being a secondary carbocation anyway) ?

Why can't anyone agree with this question? It was relatively straight forward compared to even some of the past big spectroscopy questions (which weren't too hard as well!)
    Indeed I have. They are EXACTLY the same for methylpropanoic acid. People don't want to accept it because they don't want to be wrong. That's it.

As I said before though it is shocking that teachers are getting this wrong. I feel sorry for their students.

ReputationRep:
    Of course I am serious! Did your mother not teach you to show respect for your elders and betters?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDogg)
    What does everyone predict for grade boundaries?
    105-107 for an A I think. One of my teachers laughed when i asked her if she thinks the grade boundaries will be 85% for an A because she's marking them already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smile Generator)
    105-107 for an A I think. One of my teachers laughed when i asked her if she thinks the grade boundaries will be 85% for an A because she's marking them already.
    It will be lower than that.

Wait what why did your teacher laugh?

ReputationRep:
    Of course I am serious! Did your mother not teach you to show respect for your elders and betters?
    are you ducking kinding me? Did your mother not teach you how to respect others? It clearly doesn't look like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nwmyname)

She laughed because she's an examiner and a lot of the people she's marked have done badly

ReputationRep:
    She laughed because she's an examiner and a lot of the people she's marked have done badly
    Are you serious?
    If this is true then low grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Are you serious?
    If this is true then low grade boundaries.
    Fantastic news. (not for the people, but for the grade boundaries)

ReputationRep:
    are you ducking kinding me? Did your mother not teach you how to respect others? It clearly doesn't look like
    Let's look back over the exchanges between you and me. Let us see who was the first to be rude. You will find it was you young man.

ReputationRep:
    Let's look back over the exchanges between you and me. Let us see who was the first to be rude. You will find it was you young man.
    What? I just said the truth (your first helpful comment). I called ya mate (why should I call you sir if you are NOT my teacher? At my college we don't say sir either). Then you started bringing up my mother and what she taught me into the conversation... I think it's pretty clear who started

ReputationRep:
    What? I just said the truth (your first helpful comment). I called ya mate (why should I call you sir if you are NOT my teacher? At my college we don't say sir either). Then you started bringing up my mother and what she taught me into the conversation... I think it's pretty clear who started
    You clearly have a problem facing the fact that your very first message to me was purposely antagonistic. There was no need for you to comment at all. You were jumping on the previous exchanges I had with posters who are now on my ignore list. Since you seem to be unable to accept that, you will also be added to my ignore list. Post what you like now because I will not be responding to you again.

ReputationRep:
    Lol ask her what she thinks they'll be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nwmyname)

why would it be lower than 105 that's like 75%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James3000117)
    Something to do with the statement at the bottom of the page, the peak with the highest abundance was caused by a secondary carbocation. Honestly I don't understand the significance but the only reason i think they would put that in is that there would be more than 1 possibility, so its either one or the other. I wrote butanoic myself
    I thought because of the secondary carbocation the fragment had to be a propyl ion, which could only come from the unbranched butanoic acid

ReputationRep:
    I think butanoic acid would be 5/6 marks because it clearly mentioned secondary carbonation
    Propyl ion = secondary carbocation, and comes from butanoic acid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3rmit)
    Propyl ion = secondary carbocation, and comes from butanoic acid
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  385.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnydandam)
    why would it be lower than 105 that's like 75%
    First spec students tend to earn less than 75% overall.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.