Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    That count down is back :hide:
    What countdown?

(Original post by xxvine)
    The SCLY4 exam was horrible. Wonder how I did tbh.
    SCLY4 messed my whole Sociology grade up, it was nothing short of evil

ReputationRep:
    No matter what size your uni bed is GET A DOUBLE DUVET!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the new AS AQA physics exam paper 2? I thought it was really hard

20 days guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    What countdown?

SCLY4 messed my whole Sociology grade up, it was nothing short of evil
    There was a count down to results in the side bar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rodella)
    • Are you AS or A2? - A2
    • What subjects are you taking? - Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Biology, Accounting and Further Maths
    • To which university are you hoping to go? - I havent decided yet as I chose to take a gap year, will be applying to the ones in the US
    • To study which subject? - Biology most likely
    • If applicable, what were your AS grades? - AAAAAA
    • What grades are required for your desired degree? - N/A
    • What grades are you predicted? - A*A*A*A*A*A
    • How did your exams go? - I'd say most of them didn't go as well as I hoped they would, but fingers crossed. :unsure:
    • How are you feeling about results day? - Awfully anxious :woo:
    • Anything else to add? - Best of Luck to everyone here :five:
    6 A Levels?

Which one aren't you predicted an A* in?

ReputationRep:
    Here we go...counting down again lol. I feel like I should be panicking more but I just feel meh about everything, I think I'm just done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vik1234)
    Pretty much the same the papers were alright but the loopa predictions literally ruined a 24 marker in each paper for me. For Unit 3 the aggression one was completely wrong like the guy said it is the least likely to come up and in unit 4 the that schizophrenia was a repeat of last year so i never bothered to look at it too much. Hopefully my other essays helped boost my grade as i thought they went quite well.
    Yeah, that schizophrenia essay did throw a lot of people away considering that it already came up last year! Hopefully the boundaries will be decent though
    What grades did you get last year and what are you planning to study at uni?

ReputationRep:
    All the people panicking are probs the A grade students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vik1234)
    Same dude. Both papers were decent just that they wording of the Congress 45 marker was kinda weird which is the one i did in my unit 4 exam. Hopefully it goes well for the both of us
    I did ideolgoies and that went horribly wrong. I feel like I've failed tbh. I would actually be happy with a C in politics tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    3 weeks today
    Also who's the on ball person who is updating this every midnight?
    Guessing whenever made the thread and yh 3 weeks today makes it sound very very soon ; scary how we'll be down to single figures soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naz.97)
    Yeah, that schizophrenia essay did throw a lot of people away considering that it already came up last year! Hopefully the boundaries will be decent though
    What grades did you get last year and what are you planning to study at uni?
    Sorry to interrupt but Yh with psychology my teacher basically told everyone it would be classification and diagnosis for sccizophrebia and psychological explainations so she made us write them essays up and spent so long moaning to us how the essays weren't good enough and that she was worried how it could come up so we literally did nothing on bio therapies within class so I'm guessingn a lot of people in my class just wrote pretty generic points eg. Drugs have side effects and are cheap and easy which they'll get limited marks for and I don't think anyone seemed to know any studies for this essay anyways so I really think the grade boundaries for unit 4 should go down a bit like at least 2 marks would be good and then unit 3 will either stay the same or go down like 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Guessing whenever made the thread and yh 3 weeks today makes it sound very very soon ; scary how we'll be down to single figures soon
    I didn't think they were online?

Well grade boundries are doing set now... Papers marks are known... It'd be great to be able to have access to them but oh well. It must be nice to be an examiner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    All the people panicking are probs the A grade students.
    Well hopefully I get all A's then !!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing AS {Bio Chem Physics}OCR and Maths(EDXCEL)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I didn't think they were online?

Well grade boundries are doing set now... Papers marks are known... It'd be great to be able to have access to them but oh well. It must be nice to be an examiner.
    Yh I agree ; I'm planning to go into teaching and I'm want to be an examiner as well to get the extra cash over summer hehe and I like how you get access to people's papers and it's all so secretive ; sounds quite cool really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OwlMagic153)
    Here we go...counting down again lol. I feel like I should be panicking more but I just feel meh about everything, I think I'm just done.
    Yh true I've reached the point where I've convinced myself alevels are rather pointless when you can just keep retaking forever till you get a good grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Yh I agree ; I'm planning to go into teaching and I'm want to be an examiner as well to get the extra cash over summer hehe and I like how you get access to people's papers and it's all so secretive ; sounds quite cool really
    The pay is rubish however (30p per paper) and teaching is cool, secondary or primary?
    I'm thinking about going into lecturing (because I like teaching but don't like small kids, like research and dispare at the way schools are run by a centeral clique with no external ideas accepted (being part of student leadership this year made me realise how insular school leadership really is)) which is another reason I want to do a PhD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayeshforce1)
    Anyone doing AS {Bio Chem Physics}OCR and Maths(EDXCEL)?
    I did ocr chemistry and edexcel maths, how did you find them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    The pay is rubish however (30p per paper) and teaching is cool, secondary or primary?
    I'm thinking about going into lecturing (because I like teaching but don't like small kids, like research and dispare at the way schools are run by a centeral clique with no external ideas accepted (being part of student leadership this year made me realise how insular school leadership really is)) which is another reason I want to do a PhD
    Secondary lol

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.