Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.17%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.54%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.29%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    I don't think that's a thing, currently . Each Pokemon would have to have 40 columns for the max CP, it would be a mess! Plus the max CP list comes directly from the coding of the game, nobody has looked for the max CP at each level afaik.

Egg Pokemon will always hatch at a maximum of level 20 and wild Pokemon can be caught at a maximum of level 30, but the maximum level itself is 40. So from 30 onwards you can only power up your Pokemon for a new max CP.
    Did not know about the egg level cap being 20.

Update on the Lapras - managed 7 powerups until I reached my level cap and now my Lapras is CP 1991 (little annoyed I wasn't able to break the 2k mark). Still got candies for 2 more upgrades so should be able to push it on later.

Anyone know when the CP cap increases? Is it only at each new level or does it happen at halfway through a level too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Did not know about the egg level cap being 20.

Update on the Lapras - managed 7 powerups until I reached my level cap and now my Lapras is CP 1991 (little annoyed I wasn't able to break the 2k mark). Still got candies for 2 more upgrades so should be able to push it on later.

Anyone know when the CP cap increases? Is it only at each new level or does it happen at halfway through a level too?
    CP cap changes every level - weird that I didn't get a notification for you quoting me .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    CP cap changes every level - weird that I didn't get a notification for you quoting me .
    Hmm something must be up with TSR as I didn't get a notification from your quote either. Was hoping it might be every half level (since IV calculators refer to 0.5 levels at points). Ah well.. I'll just have to wait a while before I can do one my power up to get my Lapras past 2k.

Incidentally, the Lapras hatched from the 10k egg that I put in the incubator for which I swapped my 150 coins for so now I feel like it was a good investment

ReputationRep:
    Am a little annoyed now because Valor seems to be expanding in my area now...
    Have seen an increased presence taking over our turf... BEGONE!

ReputationRep:
    So went for a slow amble for an hour..

3.5km with 45 pokemon caught and added about 10k XP. Used 2 incense in that time.. not many exciting stuff caught and only 6 pidgey!

Can't see myself playing past level 25 to be honest, feels like too much of a grind and I don't think I have the time/patience for it.

On that note, what are people's goals?
    I know some people are trying to fill their pokedex as much as possible. Others just want to get as high in trainer level as they can and then lastly you have those who just want a team of high CP pokemon (later two often combine).

ReputationRep:
    Caught this mother****er earlier today.

Used up at least 30 ultra balls, ran out and then caught it in a regular Pokeball lol.

I was so annoyed that I wasted those precious ultra balls that I raged and levelled it up to 1600+ CP... but it still sucks omg and i'm down 30 dratini candy. Can't complain about finding it but wow the CPs I've found have been shocking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Caught this mother****er earlier today.

Used up at least 30 ultra balls, ran out and then caught it in a regular Pokeball lol.

I was so annoyed that I wasted those precious ultra balls that I raged and levelled it up to 1600+ CP... but it still sucks omg and i'm down 30 dratini candy. Can't complain about finding it but wow the CPs I've found have been shocking
    Impressive to catch a dragonite but probably a waste of stardust/candy. I think a level 500/600 dratini would evolve into a 2,000+ Dragonite?

Has anyone else found red gyms glitching? I've found the third red gym which just crashing whenever I try to look at the gym or battle. Not had it for any other colour gyms yet though..

I'd be interesting to see people's stats for the following:

- Jogger
    - Collector
    - Breeder
    - Backpacker

ReputationRep:
    Impressive to catch a dragonite but probably a waste of stardust/candy. I think a level 500/600 dratini would evolve into a 2,000+ Dragonite?

Has anyone else found red gyms glitching? I've found the third red gym which just crashing whenever I try to look at the gym or battle. Not had it for any other colour gyms yet though..

- Jogger
    - Collector
    - Breeder
    - Backpacker
    Yeah but where I live, Dratini is pretty common so not that much of a waste to be fair

Level 22

Jogger - 141.57/1000 KM
    Collector - 1267/2000
    Breeder - 163/500
    Backpacker - 2515

ReputationRep:
    Finally found an Electrabuzz (keeps saying one is nearby every few days but am always in the house)... And it's CP is 91... Epic fail...
    Would leave the house but get nagged by parents... =l

Will say this app I have is awesome for finding pokemon within an area of 300m though. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472399584.016763.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  83.6 KB

I mean really...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

- Jogger
    - Collector
    - Breeder
    - Backpacker
    Level 23 today. Still have 3 lucky eggs, but I am about 120 pidgey candies short of my next evolution cycle.
    - Jogger - 72.7
    - Collector - 1'482
    - Breeder - 22
    - Backpacker - 1'678

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Yeah but where I live, Dratini is pretty common so not that much of a waste to be fair

Level 22

Jogger - 141.57/1000 KM
    Collector - 1267/2000
    Breeder - 163/500
    Backpacker - 2515
    Wow you are a real jogger...to be fair, I cycle a lot and it counts max 10% of distance covered if at all. Today I did a 67km tour and after 20 gave up either my phone closed the app or it picked up nothing so I stopped trying to get it to work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inhuman)
    Wow you are a real jogger...to be fair, I cycle a lot and it counts max 10% of distance covered if at all. Today I did a 67km tour and after 20 gave up either my phone closed the app or it picked up nothing so I stopped trying to get it to work.
    I walk 2-3 km to the train station and back every day on a workday so that's why. Lots of Pokestops on the way so my egg stash is replenished too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is my current one, level 26.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Damn I need to step up my game!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472444244.740073.jpg
Size:  109.7 KB

How did you manage to hatch so many eggs?...
    Not hatched many myself and have walked further than you Tom?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472444244.740073.jpg
Size:  109.7 KB

How did you manage to hatch so many eggs?...
    Not hatched many myself and have walked further than you Tom?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh you've hardly hatch any for your distance walked? I've walked 103km and hatched 48 eggs.

I expect either he's hatched loads of 2k eggs and/or he bought extra egg incubators which has let him hatch multiple at a time?

I've got 8x 5k eggs and I'm tempted with a few more egg incubators to help move them along..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inhuman)
    Level 23 today. Still have 3 lucky eggs, but I am about 120 pidgey candies short of my next evolution cycle.
    - Jogger - 72.7
    - Collector - 1'482
    - Breeder - 22
    - Backpacker - 1'678
    Don't know how you've managed to catch so many pokemon and pokestops with so little distance!

ReputationRep:
    Don't know how you've managed to catch so many pokemon and pokestops with so little distance!
    I would guess London or some other large city with dozens of stops really close

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have two pokestops at work.

I only have I guess a decent amount of distance in comparison, because my building makes the GPS glitch so it adds distance even though I am sitting. So I bet it is fairly easy to rack up pokestops without distance if one is lucky.

Also, if you live in the city, tend to be a lot more pokestops around than outside.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.