New Freshers Discussion Mk II Watch

*stars and stripes*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by zedliv)
Can I come too? And I'll join you with the medical textbook excitement Danielle
Yay Or if we'd get too irritating we can just have a medics only squealy bookstore crawl instead
K.T.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well if any of you green bean lovers are ever in Scotland, I can hook you up with a good supply :p: You may have to put up with my wannabe-farmer mother, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.
Rainfaery
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gesar)
The only green beans I eatare tinned ones that were kept in brine so they're incredibly salty. Eugh. (My mother is an incredibly cheap shopper).
Ooooh, you need to buy them fresh and then cook them yourself. Oh, so tasty. :love:
Rainfaery
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by K.T.)
Well if any of you green bean lovers are ever in Scotland, I can hook you up with a good supply :p: You may have to put up with my wannabe-farmer mother, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.
I'll be in Edinburgh in December!
Gesar
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rainfaery)
Get me some! :P
thegluups
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gesar)
I want half-priced maths books! Tell me how to get the spam
Cant you get them off Amazon?

I'll trade you those for half price law books :ninja:
K.T.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This is very true! :p: I am a dedicated rower; does that change your perception any? :p:
Whut? I know Texas is supposed to be the fat-capital of America (doesn't help that all they eat is meat down there I guess), so I'm starting to think they're bringing the national BMI average up by themselves... :woo: My national stereotypes are been threatened, nooo.
ukebert
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Can I come too? And I'll join you with the medical textbook excitement Danielle
Please do :p:

(Original post by K.T.)
I think you should make this a fb event *hint hint* I know you've got the organisational skills, oh MUN leader :p:
Oh God I KNEW this would happen :p: So not only have I to organise a card meet or two but also a bookshop crawl. w00p.

And I notice that *checks* NONE of you have joined the MUN yet :hmmm:
Gesar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by thegluups)
Cant you get them off Amazon?

I'll trade you those for half price law books :ninja:
I dunno, I haven't looked. I just know I need them :P

I can write my own law books and trade if you'd like. I'm sure I could make it more interesting than anything that's on your reading list.:woo:
K.T.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That's awesome! What are you doing there? Will it be your first time in the Land of the Brave?
Gesar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ukebert)
Please do :p:

Oh God I KNEW this would happen :p: So not only have I to organise a card meet or two but also a bookshop crawl. w00p.

MUN? Ooooh I feel like I'm missing out
Scipio90
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What exactly do you do in a bookshop crawl?
Rainfaery
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by K.T.)
Whut? I know Texas is supposed to be the fat-capital of America (doesn't help that all they eat is meat down there I guess), so I'm starting to think they're bringing the national BMI average up by themselves... :woo: My national stereotypes are been threatened, nooo.
Texans and I think people from Louisiana or Mississippi are the fattest. My state is actually okay, I think. And :p: sorry for threatening your stereotypes.

I feel all awkward, being the only non-fresher in the chat. Sorry for intruding. :o:
zedliv
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What's MUN :o: ?
Rainfaery
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by K.T.)
That's awesome! What are you doing there? Will it be your first time in the Land of the Brave?
I'm just visiting friends and having my first proper holiday in ages! And nope, not my first time, I've been to Scotland a fair amount. Edinburgh is my favourite place in the entire world.
Gesar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Scipio90)
Go in, hold the place up with fake guns, steal as many books as one person can carry, then hit the next one. All day long.
K.T.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ukebert)

Well, with my utter lack of card knowledge, I'd be rubbish at the card meet. At least I'm qualified for the bookshop crawl :yep: & it was your idea, you wouldn't want anyone stealing it now, would you?

Also, are there any good countries going spare? I wouldn't mind being an island somewhere in polynesia...
ukebert
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gesar)
MUN? Ooooh I feel like I'm missing out
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/prof...editusergroups

:p:

(Original post by Scipio90)
Well if you're me you try to read as many books as possible without them throwing you out, buy as many books for as little money as is practical and repeat :p:
ukebert
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by K.T.)
Well, with my utter lack of card knowledge, I'd be rubbish at the card meet. At least I'm qualified for the bookshop crawl :yep: & it was your idea, you wouldn't want anyone stealing it now, would you?

Also, are there any good countries going spare? I wouldn't mind being an island somewhere in polynesia...
Don't worry, nobody knows my card games anyway

and list of available positions: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=496965
thegluups
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What's MUN :o: ?
Ukebert is going to kill you...:yep:
I'll let him explain lol, he's probably typing now...

And Ukebert, if I join, I'm afraid that I'll be spending way too much time on TSR lol...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (988)
79.36%
Leave (257)
20.64%

Watched Threads