UCL Medicine 2010 Watch

SmackMyDoctor
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
Oh and good luck to all you A-Level peeps out there, i think they come out soon :-)
abcdefpd2001
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would like to ask that does UCL ask about your UMS?
ShinyShiny
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ngan_ta2001)
I would like to ask that does UCL ask about your UMS?
No they dont, it didnt happen to me or anyone else I know
Woody.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SmackMyDoctor)
Hi there :-)

i was wondering if anyone here could tell me exactly what happens in the first year of medicine at UCL.

I've read a few things on here already so i know it has been asked before hand but i would like it in a bit more detail.

What would a typical week be like studying medicine at UCL?

(btw hi everyone)!! )
The UCL Med School Prospectus outlines well what is studied during the first year (and beyond).

By the way - we don't need to do anything, do we? I assume our place is just confirmed and we wait for mail to arrive? I've still heard nothing re: accommodation!
SmackMyDoctor
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Woody.)
The UCL Med School Prospectus outlines well what is studied during the first year (and beyond).

By the way - we don't need to do anything, do we? I assume our place is just confirmed and we wait for mail to arrive? I've still heard nothing re: accommodation!
this is perfect, thanks! i looked everywhere for something like this.

at this point i think you just wait, accomodation is dealt with really late. as long as u have sent in all the paper work
SmackMyDoctor
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Woody.)

this is perfect, thanks! i looked everywhere for something like this.

at this point i think you just wait, accomodation is dealt with really late. as long as u have sent in all the paper work
------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Just got all my papers through today about starting in september etc
ShinyShiny
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SmackMyDoctor)
Hi there :-)

i was wondering if anyone here could tell me exactly what happens in the first year of medicine at UCL.

I've read a few things on here already so i know it has been asked before hand but i would like it in a bit more detail.

What would a typical week be like studying medicine at UCL?

(btw hi everyone)!! )
Get up most days for 9am lectures, although earlier in the year it is often later. Thursday mornings are PDS and thursday afternoons are often SSCs. Wednesday afternoons are for sport. The rest of the time its usually 3-5 lectures a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. Roughly 20hrs a week of lectures and tutor sessions but it starts of far lighter in the first term before it starts getting heavier later in the year
ShinyShiny
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
By the way, is anyone here female. This isnt nearly as creepy as it sounds but I was just wondering who could be my potential children - you get medical mothers and fathers at the beginning of the year to help you when you need it.
RoadWarrior
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ShinyShiny)
By the way, is anyone here female. This isnt nearly as creepy as it sounds but I was just wondering who could be my potential children - you get medical mothers and fathers at the beginning of the year to help you when you need it.
So why do you need to know who's female? :p:

I'm not btw
ShinyShiny
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by RoadWarrior)
So why do you need to know who's female? :p:

I'm not btw
Fathers only get daughters and mothers only get sons.

I remember talking to you about UCL bloody ages ago, I didnt know you got in. Well done!
RoadWarrior
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ShinyShiny)
Fathers only get daughters and mothers only get sons.

I remember talking to you about UCL bloody ages ago, I didnt know you got in. Well done!
Oh right; I thought it was a little family, with a mum, dad, brother and sister :p:

Thanks; and thanks for your advice too

btw I've changed my sig
SmackMyDoctor
Report 8 years ago
hate the fact that it is 9 o'clock lectures! gutted!!!!!
abcdefpd2001
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi I would like to know where should I put my AS grades in UCAS qualification section if my college doesnt cash in my AS grades until next year? There are 2 sections : GCE AS and GCE A level
UCL new policy doesnt allow students to put "pending" in everything but if my grades havent been cashed in, everything should be "pending"
Thanks
ragaa
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Are there any International applicants here?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (442)
37.81%
No - but I will (88)
7.53%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.82%

Watched Threads