Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    :zomg:

Lucky for some. :pierre:
    How many have you got? I had to do 5 in January so I guess I just got mine out of the way early.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indifferencepersonified)
    How many have you got? I had to do 5 in January so I guess I just got mine out of the way early.
    I've got 7! Did 3 in Jan.

:sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ajka)
    Hey! Also deferred entrant here Which course and college?
    I am for Engineering in Fitzwilliam. I sent them my fee status and they emailed me 'Thank you' , and then they email about a maths course for my gap year but nothing else. What are your plans for the gap year?
    oh, i'm Engineering too! but in Jesus. I sent them my fee status quite a while ago but nothing back. You reminded me of the maths course for gap years, that's strange I got no info about that.
    I have no idea what to do in the gap year. you?

ReputationRep:
    Ok I had 8 in January and I have 8 in june! This is no repeats!
    Jealous!! Lucky you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Luo)
    oh, i'm Engineering too! but in Jesus. I sent them my fee status quite a while ago but nothing back. You reminded me of the maths course for gap years, that's strange I got no info about that.
    I have no idea what to do in the gap year. you?
    I'm sure its fine like. They must be busy, Jesus is a big college.
    You should tell them if you are interested by June 20th, cost £115. Well thats what I have to do so if you want to do it I would let them know.
    I have a Year in industry placement sorted in Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so I'm reporting back after a day spent studying in the library...well, I say a day, I mean a few hours, with frequent breaks. What I have learned is this: switch off your mobile phone whilst studying! I have a Blackberry with Twitter, BBM, etc and I found it so distracting. I plan to go back tomorrow for round two, this time with the intention of getting about 5 hours solid work done. Wish me luck, fellow procrastinators!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesMcAulay)
    Ok, so I'm reporting back after a day spent studying in the library...well, I say a day, I mean a few hours, with frequent breaks. What I have learned is this: switch off your mobile phone whilst studying! I have a Blackberry with Twitter, BBM, etc and I found it so distracting. I plan to go back tomorrow for round two, this time with the intention of getting about 5 hours solid work done. Wish me luck, fellow procrastinators!
    Ah you're a glaswegian, what school are you at out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ajka)
    Ok I had 8 in January and I have 8 in june! This is no repeats!
    Jealous!! Lucky you!!!
    Wow :eek: I'm very pleased that I'm not in that boat! How many A-levels do you do to warrant 16 exams in one year?

ReputationRep:
    Wow :eek: I'm very pleased that I'm not in that boat! How many A-levels do you do to warrant 16 exams in one year?
    One busy boat You get used to it! Well I'm doing Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Business Studies A levels and this year also doing Further Maths AS level.
    Planned on dropping one alevel but then just kept it on and nows it's just like you've done 3/4 so why not finish it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NottinghamYouth)
    I've got the A* already as well... Takes all the pressure off these exams this summer, only gutted i havn't got an A* in further already.

Did you enjoy the interviews? And which day were yours... I think mine was the tuesday, I was the tallish guy who walked in late to the TSA if you remember that far back.

Are you looking forward to next year? (or reading and preparing like crazy just to be able to keep up! )
    yeah, i'm so glad the pressure is off!

wow it's actually so long since the interview, i think i was on monday though, so wouldn't have seen you

you sound way more confident for maths at least (not sure further maths is my thing), and i haven't done anything to prepare.. should i have done?? but i guess i'll see you in october! course i'm looking forward to it so lucky to have been offered a place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nibbler12)
    Ah you're a glaswegian, what school are you at out of interest?
    I'm at Douglas Academy in Milngavie, where do you go? (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ajka)
    One busy boat You get used to it! Well I'm doing Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Business Studies A levels and this year also doing Further Maths AS level.
    Planned on dropping one alevel but then just kept it on and nows it's just like you've done 3/4 so why not finish it.
    Oh dear, that's an awful lot to take on! Yes I can see the logic in keeping them on having done so much of them, but it's still a lot of work that perhaps it'd have been easier not to do. Good luck with them all!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, that's an awful lot to take on! Yes I can see the logic in keeping them on having done so much of them, but it's still a lot of work that perhaps it'd have been easier not to do. Good luck with them all!!
    thanks..will let yous know how it went..Hopefully well if I get off TSR and facebook :O
    It would have but its not too bad..I enjoy them (as much as possible)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ajka)
    thanks..will let yous know how it went..Hopefully well if I get off TSR and facebook :O
    It would have but its not too bad..I enjoy them (as much as possible)
    Procrastination is the students largest enemy I hope they go well, I'll look out for your post about how they went

I've got 7! Did 3 in Jan.

:sad:
    Damnnn, well good luck with them!

P.s. I've just noticed that we have the same firm and insurance choices

ReputationRep:
    Finally firmed

ReputationRep:
    I think the fact that we have so long until exams is making it harder to get motivated! And that I only have 3 - but I really should start revising at some point
    I dislike you - I have 17 exams :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I'm somebody else who would really like to change courses now. Yes I know, a little late
    I've got an offer for Maths and I really want to change to Economics, I was always a bit dithery about which subject to apply for and now I think I've made the wrong choice. Would you say it would be better just to email them now and ask to change?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jing_jing)
    I'm somebody else who would really like to change courses now. Yes I know, a little late
    I've got an offer for Maths and I really want to change to Economics, I was always a bit dithery about which subject to apply for and now I think I've made the wrong choice. Would you say it would be better just to email them now and ask to change?
    I was thinking hard about this the other day: I say you do it. The worst case scenario is that they'll think that you're trying to get an easier offer and it's not like they can take away your current offer.

:puppyeyes:

And yes, I am awake at this stupid time. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking hard about this the other day: I say you do it. The worst case scenario is that they'll think that you're trying to get an easier offer and it's not like they can take away your current offer.

:puppyeyes:

And yes, I am awake at this stupid time. :getmecoat:
    This is like my nightmare

I shall sit down and compose a 'Please let me change to Econ' email then, I guess they always knew I was split on the subjects because of my personal statement!

:laugh: Yeah but at least you have a reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boo7788)
    I dislike you - I have 17 exams :mad:
    What, all in this exam season? :eek: That's absolutely ridiculous - do you do about 10 A-levels or something?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.