Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    It's emotional protection. Be relentlessly negative about the club. If they win, you're happy because you win. If they lose, you're happy because you can say "told you so" and moan your tits off. I still don't get how any self-respecting gooner can pine for Adebayor though.
    I think it's all part of the Arsenal/Arsene are doing everything wrong angle he's got going. He could sit there watching Wenger and rant on about how he's breathing wrong.

"No, not like that! That's completely wrong! You're a disgrace man, Mourinho would never breathe that way!

"Err, how would you like him to breathe?"

"He used to breathe completely differently when Henry was about! I shouldn't have to put up with him breathing like that!
    BOOOOOOOO
    Why aren't you booing with me, can't you see how he's breathing ffs? Idiots, all of you."
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Anyway, I think we should be ok to get 3 points today. Lets try 1-2, Fabregas to score first.
    Wham away is always dodgy for us, but these are the games we need to be winning. Our away record is good and bar the best player in the world at RB we've got pretty much a full strength team to take them on. Hopefully we won't get hit by the NMS twice in a week, but I'd put my money on a tight win without it being a classic.

ReputationRep:
    Line-ups:

West Ham: Green, Faubert, Tomkins, Upson, Bridge, Spector, Kovac, Noble, Sears, Cole, Hines.
    Subs: Boffin, Reid, Gabbidon, Barrera, Boa Morte, McCarthy, Nouble.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Eboue, Djourou, Koscielny, Clichy, Song, Wilshere, Walcott, Fabregas, Nasri, van Persie.
    Subs: Shea, Vela, Denilson, Arshavin, Gibbs, Chamakh, Bendtner.

Ours is exactly as I called it.

ReputationRep:
    No offence to our West Ham supporting visitor, but that is a really bad team they've fielded. We should get all 3 points today.

ReputationRep:
    Seems likely that this is Grant's last game, and that Grant and the players know that. I fancy you guys to knock a few past them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    It is from the Mirror website but even more shocking is that it was written by a woman :lolwut:
    Hey, some of us love football!

ReputationRep:
    Sweet finish from Van Persie. Right-footed as well.

ReputationRep:
    Great start, lets hope we keep it up

ReputationRep:
    We're attacking well but our defence still looks vulnerable.

ReputationRep:
    Walcott no composure yet again, you can see why people say he has no footballing brain.

ReputationRep:
    That West Ham shot was worthy of Bendtner...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoMatrix)
    Walcott no composure yet again, you can see why people say he has no footballing brain.
    Find me a striker or winger with a 1:1 shot:goal ratio.
    The chest control to even create the chance was good.

ReputationRep:
    djourou you lucky lucky man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain92)
    Find me a striker or winger with a 1:1 shot:goal ratio.
    The chest control to even create the chance was good.
    No-one has the ratio but do you honestly believe someone like Drogba would have made a mess of that?Wasting opportunities like that only gives the opponents confidence.

ReputationRep:
    No-one has the ratio but do you honestly believe someone like Drogba would have made a mess of that?
    Currently?

I know Walcott makes some mistakes in front of goal, I'm just saying that I don't think that particular example typefies a "lack of footballing brain".
    Who thought up that ridiculous phrase anyway?

ReputationRep:
    No-one has the ratio but do you honestly believe someone like Drogba would have made a mess of that?Wasting opportunities like that only gives the opponents confidence.
    well he's certainly no drogba i'll give you that...he's a winger and has a very good goal to game ratio this season given that he's a winger...i know he sometimes messes up when 1v1 and lacks a bit of composure but that'll come with age...he's still pretty young you know

ReputationRep:
    Ahh man, so close.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain92)
    Currently?

I know Walcott makes some mistakes in front of goal, I'm just saying that I don't think that particular example typefies a "lack of footballing brain".
    Who thought up that ridiculous phrase anyway?
    That phrase is used to describe someone with no technical qualities.This applies to the likes of Walcott.

ReputationRep:
    RVP should have scored.

ReputationRep:
    ahh so close...great interplay again...really unlucky RVP

ReputationRep:
    West Ham not doing things that small clubs need to do in order to compete i.e closing down.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.