Tom (125)
43.55%
S_123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mossinator)
I've blogged about this years Apprentice on Blogger I have, would I be allowed to link my youtube video to this discussion board which gives you the link to my Blog and other user accounts? I just want to make sure first thats all
Yeah go for it
JollyJelly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by S_123)
I'll keep telling myself that LS was just 'testing' Jim too :p: But I agree with your second point. If Vincent had taken Jim in, it's likely that only Ellie would have been fired. Sugar fired Vincent because he made the wrong decision in the boardroom and I think Jim and Vincent combined would have been able to save Jim's ass in the boardroom if he'd been brought back in.
I agree, up untill that episode Jim had been one of the stronger candidates, so I think Lord Sugar was trying to find a weakness.

As soon as Vincent started siding with Jim I thought: He's fired. did you think this as well? Or was it just me? :P
racheatworld
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by S_123)
I'll keep telling myself that LS was just 'testing' Jim too :p: But I agree with your second point. If Vincent had taken Jim in, it's likely that only Ellie would have been fired. Sugar fired Vincent because he made the wrong decision in the boardroom and I think Jim and Vincent combined would have been able to save Jim's ass in the boardroom if he'd been brought back in.
Yep, because LS doesn't want someone as his business partner who lets personal relationships interfere in business ones, and if I'm honest Vincent looked like a pushover with no confidence in his own ability to make decisive decisions by not bringing Jim in. He basically was his own downfall, and as soon as he decided not to bring Jim in, he committed suicide (in Apprentice terms).
mossinator
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by S_123)
Yeah go for it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-t7rHI-azQ All the details are here and on my TSR signature, if you're having any problems just send an inbox
gingerrama
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did think Jim would win but Sugs doesn't seem to like him so idk. The contestants this year are just a bit meh in general really; they're either a bit crap or a bit dull, or both. It's five weeks in and I still don't know everyone's name ffs
derp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Reformed2010)
All the talk of jedi-powers, mind tricks and vilian arcs involving Jim. I just want to make sure were all talking about the Apprentice show on BBC one and not some random Star wars film. Compared to previous years Jim is relatively mild, but people here seem to be refusing to understand he is simply a confident and charismatic man.

His 'mind tricks' are not some villainary scheme cooked up for every task, but a businessperson who is employing his skills to win his way. Believe it or not they have all gone onto this show knowing the format, what is needed to win and so they are all 'playing a game'. Just because Jim has better skills at getting his way than Tom doesn't automatically make him a villain. What is he suppose to be like, a pushover, quiet, simple minded?
When I mentioned a "Villain Arc" that didn't mean that I personally think of him as being a villain. But as we're all no doubt well aware the BBC has a massive editing fetish (especially obvious in the Apprenticar scenes I find) - and they like to try to make us hate at least one contestant every series. Villain Arc because they start off pretty impressive (c.f. Alex Wotherspoon) or fairly inconspicuous (c.f. Jenny Celerier), then rise to their full heights of villainy, and then either turn over a new leaf (c.f. Debra Barr) or plummet to their Apprentice doom (c.f. Katie Hopkins, Stuart Baggs). I was wondering whether it might be Jim. But I might be wrong of course.
S_123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by james-brown28)
As soon as Vincent started siding with Jim I thought: He's fired. did you think this as well? Or was it just me? :P
Yeah I definitely did :p:
Battenberg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Damn, I was actually warming up to Vincent as well.
ledleyking123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
this set of contestants surely has to be the worst set ever right. I think jim will win it.
JollyJelly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ledleyking123)
this set of contestants surely has to be the worst set ever right. I think jim will win it.
Yeah, but then aren't every years candidates rubbish? I mean C'mon.....They're never that good at business, they're chosen for the fact they'll get laughed at for their stupidity....Or am I wrong?
Skill
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Really poor standard of people this time around.

Most of the girls are like PA's , second rate nobodies. The only ones who have a decent shot are Melody and Susan. All the other girls are (not only fat and ugly), but weak women in business. Edna is ok actually but haven't seen much of her. But all the other girls are seriously weak. There's something about Natasha that I find really disturbing and I can't pinpoint what it is.

Glenn seems like a bit of a dunce. Leon is so embarrasingly weak and feminine. Jim is an ********. Vincent was all talk and nothing to show for it - did anyone ever see confidence and charisma? He bottled everything. Tom looks a bit out of place tbh.

Winner should be Melody or Susan. I'd say maybe Jim but he's a knob and Sugar has clocked on.
racheatworld
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Skill)
Most of the girls are like PA's , second rate nobodies. The only ones who have a decent shot are Melody and Susan. All the other girls are (not only fat and ugly), but weak women in business. Edna is ok actually but haven't seen much of her. But all the other girls are seriously weak. There's something about Natasha that I find really disturbing and I can't pinpoint what it is.
Totally agree. The girls have done nothing except for Melody and Susan. What the hell has Helen, Natasha, Zoe and Edna done for these past 5 weeks, except follow the boys around with briefcases and make phone calls? After Edna's stint as PM (her atrocious speech with those leather gloves) she has not spoken up once since! Helen I don't think I have heard once for the whole duration of it. Zoe only speaks up when she's supported by Helen, and even then it's hardly "speaking up", its merely suggesting that she doesn't like the idea. Then when the PM disagrees (eg: Glenn, who I don't rate at all either), she shrugs, moans and hangs up the phone. Natasha is ballsy but seems to float through tasks doing whatever job she's given, with minimal input yet again. I mean, these girls are hardly representing female businesswomen well!
W_F_HUMPHREYS
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think it has to be said that Jim is the man to beat!
awais590
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Melody is just :love:

I watch it and i'm just like :daydreaming: :sogood:
JollyJelly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Am I the only bloke who thinks melody's looks aren't really that special? Yeah she's attractive, but I'm not in fascination of her
IceWater
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Am I the only bloke who thinks melody's looks aren't really that special? Yeah she's attractive, but I'm not in fascination of her
Looks are only slightly above average but i think it's more that she seems reasonably intelligent + nice and has that weird hot accent

She seems a bit up herself though
JollyJelly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by IceWater)
Looks are only slightly above average but i think it's more that she seems reasonably intelligent + nice and has that weird hot accent

She seems a bit up herself though
Yeah she does seem a bit up herself.....probably outta my league though so I can't really say anything haha
Tate&Lyle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My God, Natasha takes it so seriously. She's all about business and she hates everyone. She should win.
kirstyy93
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm loving Jim and Leon this series! Jim just has the Irish charm, and is so clever with how he words things. Leon is so adorable too! He made me laugh the other week when he said he couldn't promote the make up for men because he had a girlfriend aha that made me chuckle :') does anyone else thing he looks a bit like Orlando Bloom?!?
thenameisdj
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah she does seem a bit up herself.....probably outta my league though so I can't really say anything haha
My favourite bit in the first episode, was when she said to Lord Sugar something like "I was the PM. I've always been the one who takes risks, this was a bold risk and I took it." and then "I always come up with the ideas and the team name was also my idea" And his expression was like: :rolleyes:
Also, I can almost guarantee you that you wouldn't feel the same way (about her being out of your league) without her 50 layers of foundation and eye make up on!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (284)
37.77%
No - but I will (53)
7.05%
No - I don't want to (54)
7.18%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (361)
48.01%

Watched Threads