Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Jean Brodie)
    But I only realised how good a Doctor he is during the Series 8 finale
    I know. I'm so sorry to hear about the news. He will still be with us, *points towards my chest* in here. Stay strong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MENDACIUM)
    Not that old, but the original series Doctors were all considerably older and I've got a bit bored with Matt Smith being so childish all the time. DT was once in a while but he could do serious as well, much better than Matt Smith. I'm hoping for someone mid-30s...

ReputationRep:
    Was really hoping Matt Smith would stay for at least until the end of series 8. I actually loved the 11th doctor's personality and style wanted to see more with him and Clara. Just hope the next one lives up to the expectations.

ReputationRep:
    Sad Matt is leaving, because he's grown on me quite a lot recently and he's really shown what a good actor he is. But it'll be exciting to find out who the next one will be...
    My only real complaint is that it's happening so soon. What a way to ruin Christmas for people!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    Not that old, but the original series Doctors were all considerably older and I've got a bit bored with Matt Smith being so childish all the time. DT was once in a while but he could do serious as well, much better than Matt Smith. I'm hoping for someone mid-30s...
    I personally feel Eccelstone was the best doctor out of all three. Matt Smith and DT are different types, and yes, Matt Smith was 'childish' at times, but personally, it helped eased the tension in some of the episodes. I hate watching something and feeling an emotional boulder on my back.

This may sound controversial, but do you guys think we will ever get a doctor who isn't white?(Not that i particularly care!) Would you guys care?

ReputationRep:
    Considering how the series has been treated lately by Moffat and the producers, I can't say I'm surprised. I'd be even less surprised if the next doctor was revealed to be the last one or something. I can provide links to the reasoning for my thoughts if you like.

ReputationRep:
    My absolute favorite doctor:

Unless the girl from waterloo road carries on, my favourite assitant:

ReputationRep:
    Must say I'm very surprised I thought he was leaving a bit later like after series 8..I wonder if there's any chance that Tennant mit somehow return as the doctor...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not all that sad. He's been good but a shake up is probably not a bad thing. Still feels like rehashed-Tennant at the moment.

James Nesbitt please :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Pretty gutted to be honest. Definitely feel that he had at least one series left in him and I feel like the Clara-Doctor partnership didn't really get properly started.

Can't think who could replace him either, I've very much enjoyed Matt Smith as the Doctor so I think he'll be a tough act to follow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    I'm not all that sad. He's been good but a shake up is probably not a bad thing. Still feels like rehashed-Tennant at the moment.

James Nesbitt please :awesome:
    Rowan Atkinson.

I swear, if Rowan Atkisnton was made the doctor, i would love it! He is a superior actor to all the previous doctors. If only...!

He did a comic relief episode as the doctor:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedDevilThing)
    Pretty gutted to be honest. Definitely feel that he had at least one series left in him and I feel like the Clara-Doctor partnership didn't really get properly started.

Can't think who could replace him either, I've very much enjoyed Matt Smith as the Doctor so I think he'll be a tough act to follow.
    There's only one man for the job. and he has proved himself by doing a comic relief episode here:

His name is:

ReputationRep:
    I've heard a lot of people begging for Benedict Cumberbatch to be the next doctor... I'm actually hoping he's not I'm not a big fan and the amount of people commenting all the time that he's so attractive (I can't see it myself :erm: ) would be annoying to me. I'm hoping for some unknown actor to take the on The Doctor tbh, Who is everyone's hopes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    I've heard a lot of people begging for Benedict Cumberbatch to be the next doctor... I'm actually hoping he's not I'm not a big fan and the amount of people commenting all the time that he's so attractive (I can't see it myself :erm: ) would be annoying to me. I'm hoping for some unknown actor to take the on The Doctor tbh, Who is everyone's hopes?
    Rowan Atkinson , he's already played the role in comic relief.

Wbu?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    They must know who the next Doctor is going to be. It's not that far away.

Edit: Hmm, I wonder whether there's going to be another announcement at midnight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The next series does not start until next spring and they could potentially just show him regenerating and outshine the face for Christmas to keep us guessing.

Personally i hope Moffat makes way as well but just comes back for his brilliant single episodes.

Part of me hopes they somehow get Tennant back but i know it won't happen.

With the new Cybermen rebirth i think a chilling episode containing them would probably be a fitting send-off.

ReputationRep:
    Rowan Atkinson , he's already played the role in comic relief.

Wbu?
    Someone unknown so The Doctor can be quite unpredictable since if we had Rowen Atkinson The Doctor he would probably be similar to Matt Smiths performance.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Turn Left is absolute classic sci-fi. As good as anything else you'll see on any other sci-fi show (pretty much at home on something like Star Trek, for example)
    Definitely, i think many of the best in Doctor Who involve a paradox.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    Someone unknown so The Doctor can be quite unpredictable since if we had Rowen Atkinson The Doctor he would probably be similar to Matt Smiths performance.
    Can any member of the public audition ?

ReputationRep:
    I agree. Matt Smith and Clara Oswald have so much potential, if only the script writers made consistently good scripts.
    Agree 500% moffat was better when writing one off scripts!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ffs, didn't he just confirm that he would be staying on the show until next year and now we are getting this?

It's bloody ridiculous and slightly hypocritical of me because I was so sure I wasn't going to like him when he was first announced as 11, but Matt Smith has really made the role his own and I'm going to miss him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.