Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    I feel so bad I'm never on here anymore :emo: :lol:

I have like 5 posts on this thread :mmm: Too distracted by Twitter, evidently.
    Gotta say... I was really excited to meet the famous mango when you were in Italy and then you never came on here ...
    Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Loool would you say you're the type of guy a girl dreams of as you do anime girls! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, I'm too human unfortunately (although I'm a bit unpredictable... I guess I'm a bit anime like. Just a bit) I've only met one person in my life who's so fun to be around and I think he has mental problems.

The defining characteristic of humans is their lack of characteristics :dontknow:

Also I have 100GBs worth of anime. The series I got are so good :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Lol me! I'm joking... I have mental breakdowns over english. Why do you ask?

MangoFreak seems good at English.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Basically, somebody sent me a text message - she is super clever and know my parents and judge me based on my writing

Once I had a spelling error and she pointed it out when I met her :lolwut:
    She's nice though

She wrote "hope your exams are going really well!"
    What's a good reply I can give to say it is and I've done my maths and physics exams so far -> I basically need a nice "big" word to use but one which will also make me seem intelligent :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Ikr! Haha got bored of flowers... Need a new picture! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Keep George as a photo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Haha ... Ah feminism... Moderate feminism is good... The whole extreme thing is too much. Call me outdated but yeah.

Do you like mangoes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't eat mangoes that much (haven't eaten one in several years ).

Feminism doesn't really work as a word to describe the problem I have with chivalry (although chivalry isn't actually what you think it is). It's more like "gender equality"; in the same way that some women don't want male "chivalry" - in the colloquial sense - because they don't think they need men to help them, I don't want male "chivalry" because I don't think men to help them, and in the case of women who think they do, I don't think they necessarily deserve it.

That's not to say people of all genders can't just be nice to each other (and this is the true meaning of chivalry, although it only applies to males so **** that)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Gotta say... I was really excited to meet the famous mango when you were in Italy and then you never came on here ...
    Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :ahee: I was known? :fan:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    You too? It's alright for me because my last exam is in two weeks. :cool:
    Unfortunately so. My next exam is on Monday. :lol:

I hadn't heard of Covestor before so I'm having a look at it. Quite interested in the Quantitative ETF model in particular as it matches my current investment style (make money on the volatility and swings, with some use of leveraged instruments such as the 3x Inverse Gold ETF to boost earnings) with the Quantitative factoring I've been lacking. Might fill it with some left over funds once my ISA allowance is taken up this year.

Also looking at some new funds to transfer some short term gains into. Japan is looking good this year so I might put a smaller holding into that. My overweight in Biotech funds is paying massive dividends for my gains though. It's boosted my portfolio by 5% in 9 days, which if sustained would translate into a tripling of value over one year! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    Basically, somebody sent me a text message - she is super clever and know my parents and judge me based on my writing

She's nice though

What's a good reply I can give to say it is and I've done my maths and physics exams so far -> I basically need a nice "big" word to use but one which will also make me seem intelligent :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't want to sound as though you specifically looked up a big word, I take it, so I won't go over the top

"These gratuities are well-received, and reciprocated I've so far undertaken my Maths and Physics exams."

I went over the top :lol: Subtle lexical superfluousness can be done in ANY context, but not every context :pierre:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Aurorae)
    Unfortunately so. My next exam is on Monday. :lol:

I hadn't heard of Covestor before so I'm having a look at it. Quite interested in the Quantitative ETF model in particular as it matches my current investment style (make money on the volatility and swings, with some use of leveraged instruments such as the 3x Inverse Gold ETF to boost earnings) with the Quantitative factoring I've been lacking. Might fill it with some left over funds once my ISA allowance is taken up this year.

Also looking at some new funds to transfer some short term gains into. Japan is looking good this year so I might put a smaller holding into that. My overweight in Biotech funds is paying massive dividends for my gains though. It's boosted my portfolio by 5% in 9 days, which if sustained would translate into a tripling of value over one year! :woo:
    Sounds like you've got yourself sorted out; I can't reply in depth right now as I am literally half-asleep sorry

See you in the morn everyone!

ReputationRep:
    You don't want to sound as though you specifically looked up a big word, I take it, so I won't go over the top

"These gratuities are well-received, and reciprocated I've so far undertaken my Maths and Physics exams."

I went over the top :lol: Subtle lexical superfluousness can be done in ANY context, but not every context :pierre:
    LOOOOL, any way for you to make it seem natural?:P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

She's nice though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Erm, are you just aiming for posh, or ostentatious words? Well both of them are pretty much the same :lol:

What Mango said '^'
    If you need some big words, then let me know

Posted from TSR Mobile
    edit: You're asking us to help you forge a text, I think it's natural sense :holmes: and you really shouldn't worry about being judged, especially about the way you write ._.

ReputationRep:
    :ahee: I was known? :fan:
    Yeaah! The oldies love (loved maybe now ) you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOOOL what mango and Bude said. Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Erm, are you just aiming for posh, or ostentatious words? Well both of them are pretty much the same :lol:

What Mango said '^'
    Posh but not too posh S
    Want it to sound natural but not over the top S

What big words do you have in mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you don't normally use "big" words, then it won't seem natural in any case Really you'd seem smarter just to reply normally.

"Yeah, thanks, they've been going superfluously well, hopefully I'll do better than I ever would have expected."

That uses the word "superfluously" in a non-superfluous way so it's doubleplusgood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)

What Mango said '^'

edit: You're asking us to help you forge a text, I think it's natural sense :holmes: and you really shouldn't worry about being judged, especially about the way you write ._.
    I'm not really worried about being judged about this sort of stuff - it's just this person, they even know that I think about my reply just to seem clever :P it's like a private joke between us,,
    I'm probably going to end up writing what mango said thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)

What Mango said '^'

Oooooh "ostentatious" I haven't used that word in a while, good one :awesome:

"Defenestrate" is my favourite word; what's yours?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Sounds like you've got yourself sorted out; I can't reply in depth right now as I am literally half-asleep sorry
    I hope so. This year, I'm planning to formulate a complete investment thesis and style (i.e. Short/Mid/Long Term positions and how to play them) and learn some more advanced investing strategies a la Options and Futures. Hopefully will be nice preparation for a career in Jane Street Capital.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't normally use "big" words, then it won't seem natural in any case Really you'd seem smarter just to reply normally.

"Yeah, thanks, they've been going superfluously well, hopefully I'll do better than I ever would have expected."

That uses the word "superfluously" in a non-superfluous way so it's doubleplusgood.
    I use big words when I speak - I've been told I do anyhow, apparently I speak "posh" aha I sent the text thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really worried about being judged about this sort of stuff - it's just this person, they even know that I think about my reply just to seem clever :P it's like a private joke between us,,
    I'm probably going to end up writing what mango said thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If it's light-hearted then use what I said definitely

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.